Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
shaven
65 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

El Gato - San Iker Casillas - Page 9 Empty Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by MadridiCanada Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:20 pm

most of the penalty shots he didn't even jump far, for some he just stood there and watched them go in.

if that was Neuer... ya

MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:14 pm

iker with an another Terrible Terrible game.
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:59 pm

So happy this clown was benched for Lopez. Ancellotti vindicating Mourinho's decision. Hopefully he carries on benching him for the rest of the season. Lopez is superior to him and that much is clear.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:34 pm

jibers wrote:So happy this clown was benched for Lopez. Ancellotti vindicating Mourinho's decision. Hopefully he carries on benching him for the rest of the season. Lopez is superior to him and that much is clear.
are you high ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:29 pm

The press is already starting to storm in on an elite for his decision like I said.

The press and some of the fans are delusional.

Lopez is a great keeper and since he's been brought on, he's been great for us. Having two top keepers is a blessing.

But IMO Lopez is and should be our starting goalkeeper
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 pm

@jibers

Please remember the section you are in. It is uncalled for to use such insults for a Real player here.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:23 am

For once , Casillas has to fight for a starting place ... He should focus on it.

However i think diego Lopez is going to be under too much pressure and Iker will be back as a starter. WC is next year after all and iker is the n1 for the national team.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 am

Casillas is way better than Lopez and he must leave if he isn't the number 1 in the team anymore. too good for that.

@jibers : be respectful. you are talking about one of our legends.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 pm

A Legend or not, every player deserves respect. I don't think calling a player Joker is an insult. I am surprised by the warning. This is not middle east. plzzz. If so let me know. I am gone.

As for Casillas - He will play more matches than Lopez. Just the first game. Take it easy.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Nedved wrote:A Legend or not, every player deserves respect. I don't think calling a player Joker is an insult. I am surprised by the warning. This is not middle east. plzzz. If so let me know. I am gone.

As for Casillas - He will play more matches than Lopez. Just the first game. Take it easy.
Yup, Casillas would eventually take Lopez spot. Lopez, unfortunately, has to continue performing good/great, not even above average would cut it. I just wish the Pro-Casillas guys at AS and Marca would lay off Carlo though. Jeez, one damn game passed...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 pm

What's wrong with middle east ? Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:12 pm

As: It’s been three days since Iker Casillas was left on the bench for Real Madrid’s La Liga opener against Real Betis. The Spain captain’s surprise at being overlooked for Diego López was written all over his face; he couldn’t hide his frustration.

Yet 72 hours later, the goalkeeper has put it behind him and is as full of enthusiasm as he was at the start of the season. Along with the rest of the Madrid squad, he likes new coach Carlo Ancelotti. The Italian’s approachable man-management style has impressed the players, and Iker has decided to keep on working every day and fight for his place in the team.

Casillas’ unhappy experience under José Mourinho in recent months is in now the past, and his focus is on the future. At the end of last season, he did not even have the opportunity to compete for the number one spot, but he now feels in a position to do so. His day off gave him an opportunity for reflection – and his goal is to regain his place in the team.

On his arrival at the club’s pre-season tour of the United States, he told team-mates that he had a fresh start at Madrid – and felt the same sense of enthusiasm for the new campaign as he had as a 19-year-old. Casillas has shaken off Sunday’s disappointment and is preparing for an exciting season, both on and off the field. Three days later, the smile is back on his face...

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Nedved wrote:A Legend or not, every player deserves respect. I don't think calling a player Joker is an insult. I am surprised by the warning. This is not middle east. plzzz. If so let me know. I am gone.
Actually this wasn't a warning, just a polite reminder. ^^  

And by the way, there is a difference between "clown" and "joker" - the former in a context like this appears rather derogatory and is thus uncalled for.

Moreover there is a difference if you use such terms in an environment that is meant as place where fans of that club and its players gather, or if you use such a term in a neutral or even opponent section.

Or would you go into the club home of your rival team and tell the people there one of their club legends is a clown? XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:49 am

Casillas should do his talking on the pitch, Ancelotti should be allowed to decide who plays or not, it's his head that would be on the chopping board if the team fails to meet it's target.

On current form Lopez is the better of the two keepers, Casillas will get Copa del Rey matches, he should use it to justify his inclusion into the first eleven.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:21 am

buddytaller wrote:Casillas should do his talking on the pitch, Ancelotti should be allowed to decide who plays or not, it's his head that would be on the chopping board if the team fails to meet it's target.

On current form Lopez is the better of the two keepers, Casillas will get Copa del Rey matches, he should use it to justify his inclusion into the first eleven.
Casillas didn't lose his spot because he wasn't performing. He lost it because of Josie and his petty politics. Lopez is not the better of the two keepers, and never will be. His a good keeper, but Iker is a great keeper. Lopez will never be able to do the impossible like Iker does.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:47 am

Casillas should do his talking on the pitch
Yeah if there is a pitch. after the injury he didn't play at all under Mou and with Ancelotti he didn't play in our only official game. so lets hope they let him talk by giving him minutes.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Lopez is our starter.
In all of our times of having Casillas, how often did we give our second gk minutes?

It isn't fair for Lopez, who's been great for us btw.
Beside the press is already starting to chew Ancelotti out. Why? Because they care about the name.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:19 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Lopez is our starter.
In all of our times of having Casillas, how often did we give our second gk minutes?

It isn't fair for Lopez, who's been great for us btw.
Beside the press is already starting to chew Ancelotti out. Why? Because they care about the name.
Lopez is in good form, but he doesn't have Iker's quality. He had a lot of luck too.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Lopez is a good GK, however Casillas is the best in the World at his best. Casillas should be given another chance.

Plus with Casillas on the bench, it might cause more controversy and disharmony within the squad.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:48 pm

I mean I'm all for benching a player who's been in top form for that past 7-8 months! Wait did that come out right?

I mean I want the club to avoid drama, but benching Lopez for Iker, just because. Says alot about us as a club.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Iker Casillas is one of the best goalkeepers in last 20-30 years and he was the best in last 5-6 years. not to add he is a club legend. a Madrid icon.

you can't bench a player like him without giving a chance to be back on form.

Lopez isn't a 20 year old keeper. he is older than Casillas for fs sake. Benching Iker for Lopez who is just a GOOD keeper is stupid. he is nothing special and there is no long term future in him.

Let Iker play some games. let him gain his confidence. he deserves it. he has earned it through years. then if we see he can't be better than Lopez Benching him is the correct thing. i have no problem with that.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Mamad wrote:Iker Casillas is one of the best goalkeepers in last 20-30 years and he was the best in last 5-6 years. not to add he is a club legend. a Madrid icon.

you can't bench a player like him without giving a chance to be back on form.

Lopez isn't a 20 year old keeper. he is older than Casillas for fs sake. Benching Iker for Lopez who is just a GOOD keeper is stupid. he is nothing special and there is no long term future in him.

Let Iker play some games. let him gain his confidence. he deserves it. he has earned it through years. then if we see he can't be better than Lopez Benching him is the correct thing. i have no problem with that.

When Iker was a starter when did our sub GK get any minutes? When we had Dudek he barely played 90 minutes in two years.

Diego is starter until he does something to show that he doesn't deserve it. That's how GK rotation works.

Iker is not bigger than the club and he never will be. IMO he's not even in our top 5 most crucial players atm so he isn't and shouldn't be entitled to anything. Ancelloti, Zidane and their staff have the final say in this matter and I support their decesions 100% just like I supported Mourinho.

Sacchi has said that Iker doesn't work hard in training before and Xabi has said that Mourinho respected those who worked hard. That coupled with Iker's press leaks and entitlement in addition to refusing to warm up before games has really soured me on Casillas as of late :/
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:20 pm

But benching Iker just because is ok? The only reason Iker lost his place is that he got injured (and Josie is a bitch), and now he doesn't even have the opportunity to win it back. Is that really how we treat a club legend (possibly even future president)? What does THAT say about us as a club?

It's all well and good saying that all the 2nd choice keepers didn't get a chance when Iker had his spot, but how many of them could justify a chance over Iker? How may of them were more than twice the keeper Iker is? Iker is multiple times better than Lopez. It's not just about the name.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Iker may not be bigger than Madrid, but he most certainly is bigger than Lopez (at least figuratively speaking)!!

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Nivash wrote:But benching Iker just because is ok? The only reason Iker lost his place is that he got injured (and Josie is a bitch), and now he doesn't even have the opportunity to win it back. Is that really how we treat a club legend (possibly even future president)? What does THAT say about us as a club?

It's all well and good saying that all the 2nd choice keepers didn't get a chance when Iker had his spot, but how many of them could justify a chance over Iker? How may of them were more than twice the keeper Iker is? Iker is multiple times better than Lopez. It's not just about the name.
Iker got benched because he was playing very bad. Last season every single set piece with him in goal was a dangerous chance for the other team. Almost every single set piece gave us a huge problem. Even in Pre-season against Everton, every corner they had was dangerous.

Iker is not "multiple times" better than Lopez, that pretty much makes you look like a fan boy more than someone who actually watches games. As for treating legends and icons etc. Iker doesn't play for free, we pay him millions of euro per year. Carlo and Real Madrid don't owe any single player anything especially not when that player hasn't been consistently great in 4 years. (2008 was Iker's last great consistent season)

Oh and when you say "He only got benched because of injury!!!!!" anyone who has follwed Iker's career would know that he only got a chance because the keepers ahead of him got injured. Cesar with Real Madrid and Canizares with Spain.

Nivash wrote:Iker may not be bigger than Madrid, but he most certainly is bigger than Lopez (at least figuratively speaking)!!
Lopez is bigger literally though which is much more important. Until Lopez messes up he is the deserved starter.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Thank you, Zealous.

You got my point across perfectly. For now let's be thankful we have two such top class gk.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next