OT: attention sportsczy

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OT: attention sportsczy - Page 2 Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Ganso on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm

you guys dont have creativity.and korea is being so selfish....

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:30 pm

As usual... Just our work rate and athleticism puts us ahead. It's surprising, because this specific group of players hadn't lost in over 2 years until the Columbia game. Won the euro u-19 last year on the way... They just look nervous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 pm

We're going to win this 3-1 or 4-1. Just better. But we are not solid right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:27 am

I'm keeping notes and names, just to remind you in future how you missed this.

. I think most of you (negative re Spain) are just envious. Let me have my moment (decade) of enjoying our Spanish success. God knows I've waited long enough for this.

With all of the talent on the youth teams plus rising stars like Borja, Bruno, Monreal, Negredo, de Gea etc.. there is ample talent to replace the aging stars. I still think we only need to replace Puyol, Marchena and Capadevila for next WC, thinking Villa, Torres, Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi, Casillas will still be in form, but players like Llorent and Negredo may push some of these to sub role. We have enough developing wingers and midfielders to field 2 or 3 teams.

My point is you think the success is only because of the chemisrty between a few; Casillas, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa -- but, it's the system with talent developed over years. Look at the youth teams and you will see they all play same style and have same talent re one touch passing. It's a team system. I see no reason why we will fall in near future.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:32 am

spain is gonna rip brazilians into pieces.

hope menezes stays as coach of brazil Twisted Evil
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 am

@The Madrid One wrote:spain is gonna rip brazilians into pieces.

hope menezes stays as coach of brazil Twisted Evil
i hope the same,hes a good coach imo.Problem is hes dealing with too many youngsters atm+ players with no chemistry,no need for good results for the next 1 or 2 years. :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:40 am

@futbol_bill wrote:I'm keeping notes and names, just to remind you in future how you missed this.

. I think most of you (negative re Spain) are just envious. Let me have my moment (decade) of enjoying our Spanish success. God knows I've waited long enough for this.

With all of the talent on the youth teams plus rising stars like Borja, Bruno, Monreal, Negredo, de Gea etc.. there is ample talent to replace the aging stars. I still think we only need to replace Puyol, Marchena and Capadevila for next WC, thinking Villa, Torres, Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi, Casillas will still be in form, but players like Llorent and Negredo may push some of these to sub role. We have enough developing wingers and midfielders to field 2 or 3 teams.

My point is you think the success is only because of the chemisrty between a few; Casillas, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa -- but, it's the system with talent developed over years. Look at the youth teams and you will see they all play same style and have same talent re one touch passing. It's a team system. I see no reason why we will fall in near future.

bill, frankly i am not against spain. i am just giving warning signs.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:05 am

As i thought.... 3-1 France over S. Korea. We played very nervous because it meant our virtual elimination if we tied or lost. A lot of lost balls. Sense a lot of weakness defensively (just strange mistakes). Won because we were faster, stronger and more athletic.

As with most French teams, it takes the elimination rounds to get ourselves really going.

I am surprised that we are showing defensive weakness. But then again, we were counting on Varane being there and also lost Mavinga to injury. So our CB situation got pretty destabilized.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 am

Bill... you don't replace legends by prospects, regardless of how good the prospects are, and expect the prospects to become legend-quality. It just doesn't happen. Even Brazil, who is by far the most talent-rich country in the world historically, went through periods of drought in terms of trophies. Just too many things have to go right.

Neither i nor Nick are doubting Spain will be quality going forward. The talent is there. But it's virtually impossible for a team to immediately replace legendary players. Has never, ever happened.

Besides, i think Germany is set to take over dominance pretty soon here. Their squad is very young and have already gained experience + success. They're right there... as much as i hate to say it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 am

When did we have a trophy drought?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:41 am

@Ganso wrote:When did we have a trophy drought?

Before the world cup win in LA, it had been a long, long time for Brazil (not win necessarily... But reach at least the semis). It's going to be the same since the win in 2002 and come 2014. Of course, I only count the Euro and WC as truly tough tournaments. Copa America looks like it's getting there over the past 4-5 years... But having 3-4 good teams is not enough. I consider a great tournament one where 6-8 teams can win.

There's always a 4-6 year transition at a minimum. Thing with Brazil is that the team has always been exciting at least. Spain will be the same I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:43 am

Btw, i really like what i'm seeing by Fofana. He just goes non-stop regardless of the score... never lowers his head. Even when Clumbia was up 4-1 the other night, he was going full speed until the end. What i liked with last night's game was that he saw that the team lacked a middle presence on the attack in the 2nd half when the score was tied. So he pushed forward and started taking shots. That pulled the defensive line up and allowed more space for the forwards to make runs behind them. He helped completely change the momentum of the game.

Very, very good tactical and game awareness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum