Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 am

Marcelo - Combined Total 3.2 Key Passes and Successful Dribbles per game

With 2.3 successful dribbles per game, the left-back leads the way for defenders in La Liga (Way ahead of second best Alves with 1.5). Not only that, he made more than any Real Madrid player, just pipping Cristiano Ronaldo on 2.2.

A more than respectable 0.9 key passes, but an understanding of Real’s set-up explains why that number is lower than it should be - he plays on the same flank as Ronaldo, who tends to take over in the attacking third. As a result, Marcelo made 0.4 crosses per game; rather than fire the ball in from out wide, his game is more about linking with Ronaldo down the flank. With 46.9 passes, only Alves saw more of the ball as an attacking full-back in La Liga, and Marcelo was third highest for passes for Madrid (in La Liga), behind Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos.

His shots per game (0.6) figure also suffers, ranking lower than Ramos on the opposite flank. Marcelo found the net on 3 occasions from his 32 appearances; however, his 4 assists could be improved upon, given his attacking capabilities.

Defensively, Marcelo was exceptional- with 3.4 tackles, he was second to Lassana Diarra for Madrid and his 3.7 interceptions was far and away the best for his club; his combined total of 7.1 tackles and interceptions. With 3 Man of the Match awards

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by The Madrid One on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 am

in 2-3 years time, he will be the best lb in the world.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Turok_TTZ on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:42 am

Marcelo is progressing well.

_________________
Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... HgQx4yF

RIP beloved
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2227
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 am

@The Madrid One wrote:in 2-3 years time, he will be the best lb in the world.

i can't really think of a lb better at the moment

_________________
My name's unique and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:06 am

lol neg repped, someones jelly...... Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by The Madrid One on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:18 am

@Crimson wrote:lol neg repped, someones jelly...... Very Happy
i was about to say that, and u got repped negatively more than once. dont worry +1 Razz
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by The Madrid One on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:19 am

MARADONA>messi wrote:
@The Madrid One wrote:in 2-3 years time, he will be the best lb in the world.

i can't really think of a lb better at the moment

even if i try to think of one, they dont play for rm, marcelo does.. so i dont care muahahah Twisted Evil

marcelo is my king
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 am

Love Marcelo he adds such a huge dynamic to our game that you can tell the difference severely when he is missing.

He is still very young as well so he will only get better

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by I-no on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 am

omg I pos rep you and not much was changed. who is obsessed with poor marcelo, he is fun afro who plays others dizzy.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1284
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Zealous on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 am

We're simply not the same team when he's not playing.

It's amazing really, he gone from one of the worst players on the squad as a kid to one of the best players we've had in a while (No joke).


_________________
Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by guest7 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:05 am

@Zealous wrote:We're simply not the same team when he's not playing.

It's amazing really, he gone from one of the worst players on the squad as a kid to one of the best players we've had in a while (No joke).


Agreed.

He is incredibly underrated here though, and some even believe Coentrao can replace him....
I have always been saying he is solid when it comes to defence so this proves it. (in a way)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 am

Stats for any position other than CF tell a very limited story imo. Marcelo's offensive talent cannot be questioned. But there's progress to be made there too... he doesn't create width, which is his primary job as a fullback. More often than not, he crashes the middle. That really shouldn't happen. Defensively... he was good to start and then plain awful from November until March. In March, he suddenly became decent again. His positioning is not the greatest and he lunges too much for my taste (you will be burned sooner or later doing that). But he's not giving up on plays, which is a must.

I rate him highly now. I still think he lacks discipline. But he's getting better.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Zealous on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 am

Seeing as how defenders supposedly hit their peak towards their 30's Marcelo is already over achieving and a lot of doubters have been forced to back off.

Still rough around the edges but we have a gem on our hands.

_________________
Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by paperbackwriter on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I don't get peoples tactical complains about players, like for instance sportsczy blaming Marcelo for not going wide enough above. Or in other cases people lashing on Coentrao going more to the left as a midfielder. We have one of the most tactically strict and controlling coaches in the world. It's not like he put the players on the field and just watch what happens. Marcelo would not "crash the middle" if Mou considered it tactically bad. He loves to micromanage his teams. He do not allow tactical "mistakes" that are repeated over and over again.

So the only assumption we can make is that Mou actually want Marcelo to drift in. Which usually leads to freeing Ronaldo up from his usual double team defense further out on the left so he can get the ball and drift into the space created.

Similar with Coentrao, I actually think Mou have instructed Coentrao to drift left to interchange with Marcelo and Ronaldo. He's trying things out. Otherwise, if it's Coentraos natural tendency to go left, Mou will correct it.

_________________
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 559
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Doc on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:39 pm

@paperbackwriter wrote:I don't get peoples tactical complains about players, like for instance sportsczy blaming Marcelo for not going wide enough above. Or in other cases people lashing on Coentrao going more to the left as a midfielder. We have one of the most tactically strict and controlling coaches in the world. It's not like he put the players on the field and just watch what happens. Marcelo would not "crash the middle" if Mou considered it tactically bad. He loves to micromanage his teams. He do not allow tactical "mistakes" that are repeated over and over again.

So the only assumption we can make is that Mou actually want Marcelo to drift in. Which usually leads to freeing Ronaldo up from his usual double team defense further out on the left so he can get the ball and drift into the space created.

Similar with Coentrao, I actually think Mou have instructed Coentrao to drift left to interchange with Marcelo and Ronaldo. He's trying things out. Otherwise, if it's Coentraos natural tendency to go left, Mou will correct it.

Pretty much agree to this. +1 to you sir. Also, paperbackwriter as in the Beetles song?

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14264
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by hrealmadrid on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:08 pm

@The Madrid One wrote:
@Crimson wrote:lol neg repped, someones jelly...... Very Happy
i was about to say that, and u got repped negatively more than once. dont worry +1 Razz

How come the rating system is no longer visible to me?
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2013
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:11 pm

it's not working anymore, there is only the green thing on the right

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30566
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Mou doesn't force people to play outside their talents. He tries to mold as long as the people progress. When he feels you're not progressing at all or fast enough... The hammer comes down. How extreme the hammer drops Mou depends on Mou's options.

His tactics adjust to his personnel. Must I remind everyone here that he had benched Marcelo last year and was clearly talking Arbeloa up at the end of February? Just like Benz, Marcelo has a lot to prove. Tons of talent... But by no means a final product.

Seems like you guys only want to hear how wonderful all our players are lol.

This thread was headed towards making Marcelo the greatest LB in the world. he's not. I think he's somehwere around #5 at best based on his end of the season form last year. He has wonderful talents... He could easily become the best at some point.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by paperbackwriter on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:50 pm

@Doc wrote:
@paperbackwriter wrote:I don't get peoples tactical complains about players, like for instance sportsczy blaming Marcelo for not going wide enough above. Or in other cases people lashing on Coentrao going more to the left as a midfielder. We have one of the most tactically strict and controlling coaches in the world. It's not like he put the players on the field and just watch what happens. Marcelo would not "crash the middle" if Mou considered it tactically bad. He loves to micromanage his teams. He do not allow tactical "mistakes" that are repeated over and over again.

So the only assumption we can make is that Mou actually want Marcelo to drift in. Which usually leads to freeing Ronaldo up from his usual double team defense further out on the left so he can get the ball and drift into the space created.

Similar with Coentrao, I actually think Mou have instructed Coentrao to drift left to interchange with Marcelo and Ronaldo. He's trying things out. Otherwise, if it's Coentraos natural tendency to go left, Mou will correct it.

Pretty much agree to this. +1 to you sir. Also, paperbackwriter as in the Beetles song?

Well thank you sir, and yes paperbackwriter as in the Beatles song Smile.

_________________
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 559
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Zealous on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:52 pm

That post is going to sound a bit weird when he makes the World XI at the FIFA Galla at the end of the year. LOL

You have a point but at the same time you gotta give credit where it's due. The kid had a great year last year.

I agree with you about the "we only want to hear good things about our players" point though Very Happy

_________________
Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 pm

He's still known as Mehcelo as far as iam concerned :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67242
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Doc on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:56 pm

@hrealmadrid wrote:
@The Madrid One wrote:
@Crimson wrote:lol neg repped, someones jelly...... Very Happy
i was about to say that, and u got repped negatively more than once. dont worry +1 Razz

How come the rating system is no longer visible to me?

They (the mods) took it off. Was getting really petty and guys was getting unwarranted bad reps...

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14264
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by paperbackwriter on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Mou doesn't force people to play outside their talents. He tries to mold as long as the people progress. When he feels you're not progressing at all or fast enough... The hammer comes down. How extreme the hammer drops Mou depends on Mou's options.

His tactics adjust to his personnel. Must I remind everyone here that he had benched Marcelo last year and was clearly talking Arbeloa up at the end of February? Just like Benz, Marcelo has a lot to prove. Tons of talent... But by no means a final product.

Seems like you guys only want to hear how wonderful all our players are lol.

This thread was headed towards making Marcelo the greatest LB in the world. he's not. I think he's somehwere around #5 at best based on his end of the season form last year. He has wonderful talents... He could easily become the best at some point.

I get your point. And my point wasn't that "hey hey hey, Marcelo is perfect", but if a player is a "serial offender" tactically. Meaning you deem that he play his role wrong tactically. Mou isn't the one that lets that slip. And such a "problem" as a player like Marcelo preferring to cut in instead of going wide is easily fixed with some harshly delivered tactical directions. It's not like Marcelo just can't go wide, ability wise. So my point was that that kind of criticism of any of our players is pretty unfair. Since it should be the coach that fixed those kind of "mistakes" in case he sees them as such.

It's another thing when a player just simply lacks the ability to do something we think that role should do. Like Di Maria playing on the right and not going wide to hit crosses into the box. Then you can say that "he limits us tactically since he can't use his right foot, making him predictable and one dimensional in that position".

_________________
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 559
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Doc on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:He's still known as Mehcelo as far as iam concerned :coffee:

First and foremost, Billy Ocean is awesome. Secondly, you'll be surprised how much Madrid fans actually agree to the "meh" part. I, of course, is not one of them...

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14264
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 pm

@Zealous wrote:That post is going to sound a bit weird when he makes the World XI at the FIFA Galla at the end of the year. LOL

You have a point but at the same time you gotta give credit where it's due. The kid had a great year last year.

I agree with you about the "we only want to hear good things about our players" point though Very Happy

Dude... i think Marcelo's going to be the best IF he stays focused. I told you i converted late last year. But his breakthrough has lasted as long as benz' has. Exactly the same amount of time actually. They were both on the brink.

Now, they both have a chance to fulfill their dreams and potential at Madrid. But they're not unbenchable (Ceontrao and Higuain could easily step in for both). Benz still doesn't make the greatest runs in the world and stinks in the air. Marcelo still tends to crash the center of the field and sometimes gets caught out of position defensively. They're both getting better though... Marcelo's a big free spirit. So i don't think he's taking the preseason all that seriously. I'm hoping he gets more disciplined come the Super Cup.

I don't think Mou bought Coentrao just to be a super-sub. In the end, he's also a true backup plan to Marcelo should Marcelo slip.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking.... Empty Re: Marcelo the best defender and dribbler at Real Madrid, statistically speaking....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum