â™ Ace
Onyx
Turok_TTZ
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Attack Efficiency Stats - Page 5 Empty Re: Attack Efficiency Stats

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 am

It's true Crimson. I see strikers make impact by not scoring... by moving, linking up and opening up spaces for others to score at times. To me, the true measure of how players are performing is how the team performs. For example, in the 1998 WC, the France team lacked a superstar striker and the goals were very spread out.

The thing with Real Madrid though is that the striker is forced by scheme to always play very close to the box. You have so many creative players that you cannot have them getting in each other's way. The only exception is Ronaldo, who pretty much roams. So the CF in Madrid needs to efficiently score. But even then, if Higuain and Benzema are allowed to continue together, you're starting to see them, Ozil and CR7 switch up with ease during games. So the scoring should become more spread out as the understanding between these players improves.

One of the reasons i don't want Aguero is that i believe in continuity, especially with young players... with Aguero, we would go through a learning phase all over again. I also don't think Aguero is more talented than Benzema or Higuain. He just gets to show off his skills more because he is not on a club like Madrid that requires defined roles.

As Babun stated, Gomez is going through the same thing in Bayern. When i watched Munich games, he's forced to maneuver in a small area because he has Muller, Piggy, Robben and Ribery who need their own space. For a person like me who didn't watch him before his Bayern days, he looked limited. But Babun made me take note that Gomez is forced to only show certain aspects of his game because of his role at Bayern.

Where am i going with all this? Don't get too enamored with Aguero. Yes, he's a very good and exciting player. But he is not better or more talented than Higuain or Benz. He's just enjoying the fact that the attacking system on his team is built around him... in Madrid, with CR7 here, you need to adapt yourself to a system built for someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Freeza wrote:Higgy is aweful in the cl, we kind of need a big time attacker to score in the cl, give Benzema another year and i think he will shine
Ridiculous. The only thing we need is more patience. So many people were trashing Marcelo last season because he had no composure in defense ... this season they're all up his ass and now he's amongst the best LBs in the world (if not THE best).

Higuain is - along with Benzema - amongst the most talented strikers in Europe. Getting rid of him would be another foolish decision like Cambiasso, Makelele, Eto'o, Robben, Sneijder etc.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 am

Higuain was on his way to improving in the CL before his injury.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Crimson wrote:http://www.realmadridstats.com/goals.html

Scroll down on that page and you can see scoring %

btw do we have the page for the previous years stats?
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:04 pm

i think Higgy had a bad year because of injuries
i dont think anyone expected him back after that injury and his managed a couple.
i hope he does well at the copa america
that wud do his confidence a world of good
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:

Higuain is - along with Benzema - amongst the most talented strikers in Europe. Getting rid of him would be another foolish decision like Cambiasso, Makelele, Eto'o, Robben, Sneijder etc.

Cambiasso at the time really wasn't performing well enough and it made "sense" to cash in on him. But like many young players with Real Madrid, patience was needed and he never got it and now, well, he's become one of the best in his position and we got stuck with the likes of Pablo Garcia...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Here you go Lionel Messi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:52 am

so when will the stats get updated, soon as season starts?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5