Perucho21
The Demon of Carthage
futbol_bill
Mamad
halamadrid2
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Baby steps. First things first. He should learn to shoot. He had so many opportunities to score today but his shots were too weak and straight at their keeper

We are top of the league without Hazard having played any part. Heck we might as well have not bought him and we'd be in the same position Laughing

He has a lot of making up to do. He owes us a CL imo Proud

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

Post by Varnagel Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:34 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Benz apart from the goal was hopelessly below par, he put his team under pressure with his terrible passes and his inability to control balls played to him

How do you expect anyone would be great in Benzema's situation during the 1st half? Just go back and re-watch it. Benzema was literary by himself against 4 Atleti defenders without any support. The midfield were useless going forward. I mean, Atleti had player who could cover centrally & forced Real Madrid to play through the wings. Because Modric & Isco would tuck in and not stay on the flank.

Benzemas + entire team were much better in the 2nd half. The main reason was because Real Madrid could control the game and could create something offensively. Benzema wasn't as isolated he was in the 1st half. He had teammates who could give him support. It's almost impossible to do something by yourself against Atleti's defense with 0 help.

Although Benzema didn't had a MOTM-performance, his goal is what seperates the team.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:58 am

Varnagel wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Benz apart from the goal was hopelessly below par, he put his team under pressure with his terrible passes and his inability to control balls played to him

How do you expect anyone would be great in Benzema's situation during the 1st half? Just go back and re-watch it. Benzema was literary by himself against 4 Atleti defenders without any support. The midfield were useless going forward. I mean, Atleti had player who could cover centrally & forced Real Madrid to play through the wings. Because Modric & Isco would tuck in and not stay on the flank.

Benzemas + entire team were much better in the 2nd half. The main reason was because Real Madrid could control the game and could create something offensively.  Benzema wasn't as isolated he was in the 1st half. He had teammates who could give him support. It's almost impossible to do something by yourself against Atleti's defense with 0 help.

Although Benzema didn't had a MOTM-performance, his goal is what seperates the team.

That's the only part of his lengthy post that interested you? That's the only part that bothered you? The criticism of Benzema?

Let me ask you something seriously, if Benzema leaves Madrid tomorrow, will you still support the club or will you support whatever club he ends up playing for?

You got to understand my skepticism here, right? I mean a guy who only comments on Benzema and only replies when Benzema is being criticized can't be surprised when people start questioning his love for the club.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:41 pm

i actually felt like we played more reserved in the first half, i don't think we sucked, i think it was more of a feeling out process, and when we got comfortable that atleti can't score we increased the pace. i did doze off a couple of times like i have with some of our games this year, but for a long time i have complained about defensive discipline. it seems we are getting some of that this season. i watch games now and within the first few minutes i go "okay these guys will not score against us". mendy's been a great addition so far
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2