urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:47 am

We're not really saying different things. You can't really create effective shots without any spacing when you're up against Kawhi, AD, LeBron.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:53 am

Felt Kemba really cost them in the 4th, easy lay up miss, a poor TO and 3-4 miss attempts while 1-2 of them he was wide open. Nurse should've bought Gobert and Trae back in for Saikam and Kemba.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:57 am

You can if you're skilled enough and have good enough foot work, spacing isn't really relevant to good shot creation.

Reality is most of the players on the floor are bad 1 v 1 offensive players and it showed up big time, none of them can create their own shot with regularity (except for Kemba)which is why creating offence was so difficult for them.

They scored 11 total points from the field in a 4th quarter which lasted 40+ minutes, spacing isn't the issue here.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:00 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Felt Kemba really cost them in the 4th, easy lay up miss, a poor TO and 3-4 miss attempts while 1-2 of them he was wide open. Nurse should've bought Gobert and Trae back in for Saikam and Kemba.

This further enhances why the draft choices are poor when you're asking for Embiid-Gobert to close a game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:38 am

Apparently this format was proposed by Chris Paul. I hope it remains like this every year, the 4th quarter was intense as a playoff match.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:03 am

Warrior wrote:I really suck at shooting the ball. Next spring i'll settle on a technique and start to practice.

When i play at the neighborhood court i'm only good in defence. The basket itself is not as high as NBA standards (i suppose)... Sometimes i can dunk, sometimes i can't, my release is not consistent.

just watch some Klay and Steph breakdown videos of their shooting on YT, of course not every single mechanic has to look like theirs, our bodies are different and everyone shoots differently at the end of the day. But your body fundamentals and the rhythm are most important - that needs to have consistency. Once you have that set, mental visualisation is minimum 70% of shooting and the better you get the more that % probably rises - just spilt seconds before you shoot visualise in your mind's eye what you are going to do. But it needs to be so that it's a part of your rhythm

shooting is my best basketball quality, dribbling is decent and overall on court basketball IQ is okay-ish. Maybe i'm selling myself short because my friends always seem to think im better than what i think i am. I never had a coach so i dont have the mind for play sets except for a general pick and roll and cutting lanes from the wing - basic pickup basketball, and i only started playing regularly when i was 19.

But some of the guys i play with get so serious sometimes, they make a big deal out of a mistake here and there Laughing and when we play full court they just always want to push the ball from end to end, while im more of a slow pace player. And because i prefer to play the point i come up with the ball more slowly most of the time, so then one of them later takes over from me and starts pushing the play :facepalm: Laughing but most of them just want to have the highlight plays for themselves really
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:42 pm

What bugged me the most when i started to watch NBA, i realized basket ball is a no contact sport lol. At the neighborhood court it's always chaos Laughing double interference on every play

One of my buds is athletic on top of being 6ft9 tall, he absolutely dominates. Then i am usually picked in second or third round for my relentless stamina, i just rarely ever take a shot, and if i do i miss. Never won a game of 21 in my life.

My fantasy stats would be something like this
FG% .075
FT% .200
3PT 0.0
PTS 1.5
REB 4.0
AST 7.0
STL 10.0 (with refs 3.0)
BLK 7.5 (with refs 0.5)
TO 10.0

As you say if i find a motion i'm comfortable with, it's the key to shoot better. I don't have one currently, my hands are not steady and my stance always varies.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean Scottie and Chadwick Boseman (why was he judging ffs) gave it a 9 too, Wade should have been irrelevant.

Nobody relevant is going to participate moving forward imo, ain't nobody got time for being robbed by incompetent judges.
Shouldve been a tie based on them gokng back to back, but to say Gordon got robbed is off. He drug himself up tackos back with the ball and tacko was bending over by the time gordon dunked it, dont see what the fuss is about. If he wouldve bent his neck like Weis did when Carter posterized him in the Olympics, is one thing. But Tacko looked like he was bowing, you dont get "I jumped over a 7fter" credit for that.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Warrior wrote:What bugged me the most when i started to watch NBA, i realized basket ball is a no contact sport lol. At the neighborhood court it's always chaos Laughing double interference on every play

One of my buds is athletic on top of being 6ft9 tall, he absolutely dominates. Then i am usually picked in second or third round for my relentless stamina, i just rarely ever take a shot, and if i do i miss. Never won a game of 21 in my life.

My fantasy stats would be something like this
FG% .075
FT% .200
3PT 0.0
PTS 1.5
REB 4.0
AST 7.0
STL 10.0 (with refs 3.0)
BLK 7.5 (with refs 0.5)
TO 10.0

As you say if i find a motion i'm comfortable with, it's the key to shoot better. I don't have one currently, my hands are not steady and my stance always varies.

So, you're Elfrid Payton, huh?

I played basketball for 10+ years in my childhood, here's my best try to teach you how to shoot:

Hold the ball up in the palm of your shooting hand a few inches above / in front of your forehead. Don't touch the ball yet with your off-hand. Your forearm should be vertically straight, i.e. your elbow should not be pointing to the side but directly downwards (this is perhaps the most common mistake casual players make). When you shoot you should push the ball forward, not "slingshot" it. You're probably holding the ball too high over your head if your shot becomes a slingshot-type-of-thing instead of pushing it forward. Your off-hand is only supporting the ball on the side, not underneath it. Your release should end in a wrist motion where your wrist ends up bent all the way forward (and puts some spin on the ball). An ideal shot is released at about 45 degree angle (un-practiced players tend to shoot too flat, reducing the chances of the shot going in). Finally, you should always use your legs, even when practicing alone. A little bending of the knees (or even an actual jumper) helps with the rhythm, shooting motion and power. And don't practice shooting from too far a distance, your form will start to suffer. Okay, godspeed.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Well thanks for the tips, i do literally none of that

I took a screen shot of this post, once the damn snow melts i will practice. Can't wait for the first day of spring, basket ball is often the first thing i do when the winter ends.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:07 pm

that was great standard advice by Art, but don't forget the Klay and Steph shot breakdown videos as well, trust me visual representation comes in more handy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Clippers cock-blocking Lakers left, right and centre.

You also do get the feeling though that players such as Morris and Jackson sense the Clippers are the favourites hence they're not pushing moves towards the Lakers
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:45 pm

Really a lot of head cases to have on a team with no leaders.

Wanted Reggie tbh. Don't see how he'll even get playing time for Clipps though. Is he gonna play over Bev, Lou, Shamet or PG?

It feels weird to pick a team where you won't play despite them being "favourites"
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Also don't know if he's better to play than Alex Caruso. But we really need someone to push out Rondo as a PG.

I think we'd be so much better if he was out. Hope Vogel is just cruising to the playoffs in mind and will play Caruso much more then.

Our most glaring need is still wing defenders. They don't even need to offer anything on offense.
___

Edit: Also good move from Clippers front office. They're signing players continually that they don't need and won't play when it matters, just to keep them away from Lakers. It's a good strategy.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:57 pm

Freeza wrote:Our most glaring need is still wing defenders. They don't even need to offer anything on offense.

Moe Harkless is available on buyout apparently.
Freeza wrote:Really a lot of head cases to have on a team with no leaders.

Wanted Reggie tbh. Don't see how he'll even get playing time for Clipps though. Is he gonna play over Bev, Lou, Shamet or PG?

It feels weird to pick a team where you won't play despite them being "favourites"

werent you and Mole the ones who said they need an extra ball-handling guard to come off the bench?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:02 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:Our most glaring need is still wing defenders. They don't even need to offer anything on offense.

I'd 100% take him. He's what we need. Offers nothing offensively but a fairly good defender.

Moe Harkless is available on buyout apparently.
Freeza wrote:Really a lot of head cases to have on a team with no leaders.

werent you and Mole the ones who said they need an extra ball-handling guard to come off the bench?

Have you seen Reggie Jackson? Ain't no passing from him since his first Detroit season. Whenever he plays he turns into the first option. I said they needed a ball handler to create something. Preferably someone to start. They have way too many players on the team looking to score imo. And they're all made of glass.

Lakers just need someone to carry the ball and not turn it over and play defense. So basically Caruso.

All in all. Bucks are still the clear favourites. Best player, best coach and best team.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Reggie Jackson is not a good player. Honestly.

I don't think this even improves the clippers. He's not good
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:32 pm

Lakers desperately need extra playmaking because Lebron does way too much.

It's not so much that Reggie Jackson is good, but it means you don't have to play Rondo Laughing

He'll barely play for the Clippers, but there might be circumstances where Beverley is in foul trouble and Lou Will is injured during the playoffs.

If he comes in that scenario and scores 13 points and 4 assists and they win the game then it's worth it to them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:19 am

It's worth it for them, sure. He's not a good player but he's not a nobody, and keeping him from the Lakers is valuable.

But I'm pushing back against people thinking this is some big deal or some big move. Nah, Reggie sucks
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:13 am

CBarca wrote:It's worth it for them, sure. He's not a good player but he's not a nobody, and keeping him from the Lakers is valuable.

But I'm pushing back against people thinking this is some big deal or some big move. Nah, Reggie sucks

don't know what you're on about, no one said he was a big deal scratch

everyone knows what Reggie Jackson is, a respectable guard that can get you some points, bring up the ball and make a play here or there
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:36 pm

Not talking about people here. Talking about the media / others
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Didn't expect to wake up to news that Memphis lost to Sacramento but here we are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Luke Walton is the GOAT imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Luke Walton is the GOAT imo.

Reported
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 pm

You have the chance to make me forget all about Luke Walton by winning tonight hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:10 pm

well i mean are you really that surprised, like i said before most of the time they're always in games because of Hield and Fox, and tbh their supporting cast isn't that bad either... so you would expect them to win a few games here and there. Still probably won't make the playoffs, although they're in the hunt along with Portland and San Antonio chasing Memphis
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next