halamadrid2
Mamad
Perucho21
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Copa Del Rey 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: Copa Del Rey 2020

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Also I don't want to see Marcelo and Nacho in starting 11 ever again. worse defenders in all of europe at the moment..

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:09 pm

At least 3 of the goals Areloa conceded were saveable. He probably thought he was still in Paris where they turn a cheek at these performances
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:09 pm

Final score: 3-4.

Deserved victory for Sociedad, but their behavior in the dying minutes was classless, honestly (time wasting, play acting, fouling,...). But most teams do it in similar situations, including ours, so that shouldn't take anything away from their deserved victory.

Now, about Madrid. What can I say, really? I guess the negatives outweigh the positive here, but still there are things that we should be happy about:

1. Odegaard is developing nicely over there. His through balls are a joy to watch. I hope Madrid doesn't bring him back this summer, because if he keeps on improving at this rate, he'll become a lethal weapon in our arsenal.

2. Vini. He made so many misplaced passes it's crazy, but there were scattered moments where his genius surfaced and it was beautiful. He definitely should go out on loan. He won't improve the way he needs to playing for Madrid and under Zidane.

Now the negatives:

Honestly, I think this was one of the worst defending performances Madrid has ever displayed in its entire history, and I don't think I'm exaggerating here. Marcelo, Militao and Nacho were absolutely dreadful,neglecting even the most basic of a defender's responsibilities like man-marking or tracking back.

This doesn't mean that the midfield and attack were amazing. Them too were horrible, and I hate to say it, but Benzema's early explosive form that made me respect him again has entirely vanished now, and I really hate this version of his.

Brahim was disappointing as well. We all hate Lucas and wanted Brahim to convince Zidane to take over, but honestly tonight he was dreadful. Lucas would've at least put on a better shift defending. He really didn't help his case to start over the Spaniard tonight, and I think him too should go out on loan. He has the talent but it must be developed and I'm convinced Zidane is not the ideal coach to help the kid do that.

All in all, it was a disappointing performance, but it's better to lose in the CDR (which I have always thought to be a meaningless trophy) then to lose in the league or CL.

Hope the guys won't let this defeat get to them and keep the momentum in the other competitions going strong.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:07 pm

Ho hum :coffee:

Re the thought of loans, absolutely and it’s not because of  Zidane. I’ve finally come around to agree with Nick and Sports. For a youngster still developing, he needs game time and at Madrid, there just isn’t enough minutes available.

What they should do is bring in veterans in for the bench    roles.

Changes I see for next year are;

Defense: returning Achraf taking Odriozola’s spot.

Midfield: gone Modric, James, possibly Isco, returning Odegaard, and completion of Van Beek deal.

Front Line: sold Bale, Mariano, on loan Brahim,  possibly Asensio, Vinícius, and / or Rodrygo incoming Mbappe ( yes I do think Perez will spend for him)

That leaves backups as Areola, Achraf, Militao, Nacho, Marcelo; Valverde, Van Beek, maybe Isco; Lucas, Jovic and plus whoever doesn't go out on loan between Asensio, Rodrygo or Vinicius.

I know people here don’t want guys like Nacho and Lucas, but it’s better IMO to have someone experienced than a kid who is better off playing elsewhere developing.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:36 pm

Nacho is awful. absolute garbage.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:07 pm

not garbage just had a bad night

he’s proven to be able to play at the highest levels
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:03 am

Zidane loaned out our only RB back up to play a slow CB as a fullback. I know that Odriozola was not the best of players but he would have been much better option because he's an actual fullback.

I also fail to see what any of you see in Brahim. He's talented and as I said before he should've decided to leave on loan. Now we are out of the copa and we are very likely to never see him play for the remainder of the season.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:22 am

Maybe I just have high expectations towards Ødegaard, but I don’t think his performance was all that great in this match. That said, it was better than in the last match between us and Sociedad. He wasted a chance where he hesitated and eventually passed, when the best option would have been to shoot. I thought he was past the hesitation, at this point. His goal was a double reflection off Militao and Areola, as well. He wasn’t bad, but not great either.

Alexander Isak probably had his best match since moving outside of Sweden. I’ve seen flashes of brilliance from him before, but not this level of clinicality. As for us, this was an absolutely forgettable performance. For all of his talents, Vini’s lack of end product is super frustrating, man. I find it difficult to criticise him because he’s young, clearly very talented, and he’s putting his seniors to shame to some degree, but he doesn’t seem to have developed at all since he joined us. A loan move would do him good.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:52 am

Vini put in 14 successful dribbles that's amazing Shocked

The search for a competent RW continues. None has really impressed

Time to just play Zdiamond and forget the RW exists. Alas, after this Brahim performance Lucas will not move from that line up. Thank you Brahim!!!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:18 am

In Brahim’s defense, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d been benched for the next few months even if he had performed well. I don’t know what motivates him. For his own sake, he should probably find playing time elsewhere, rather than waste his time on our bench. I would assume he’s got higher ambitions than Nacho.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:12 pm

Mamad wrote:Also I don't want to see Marcelo and Nacho in starting 11 ever again. worse defenders in all of europe at the moment..

Marcelo is so bad. It's used to be funny, now it's just sad.

He offers nothing, can't defend and he has lost his energy in attack.

Nacho has never been good enough for Real.

Ramos, although he had to play centre back and left back, was also poor.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Areola was the most atrocious... with Nacho-garbage and Marcelo-shit close seconds.  Ramos had too much to do.  He's not 25 anymore.  Way too much real estate to cover so i'll cut him some slack in this one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3