futbol
Robespierre
Kick
Myesyats
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach

Post by futbol Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Where do you live in China, BarcaLearning?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach

Post by Cruijf Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:04 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Cruijf wrote:The hilarious thing is if they had used the Grizzy money to buy Martinez in the summer they would never have had this problem Laughing

And unlike Griezmann Martinez is exactly the type of player Barca need.
spending 110 millions on Martinez last summer would have been silly though, specially when we were looking at a picture where Suarez was the number 9 and not injured.

Much less silly than spending that money on Griezmann when we're looking at a picture where Messi occupies the right half space and was not injured.

Not to mention the writing has been on the wall for years that Suarez is aging and declining and a backup was needed. Rotating between Lautaro and Suarez as the #9 this season and then phasing Lautaro in as the starter next season was the way to go.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:01 am

Quique Setién will not continue next season. The club thinks hiring him was a mistake and also feels that he's lost the dressing room. [@rubenuria]

onward

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 am

rofl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:59 am

Barca sacked popular Valverde when they were still top of the league and hired a noob with Mourinho's man management skills. Absolute shitshow
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:48 pm

Barça handed the title to Madrid this time with utter mismanagement. No offence to Madrid fans, I don't think your team is anywhere close to what I know a solid Madrid team can be, but fully deserve La Liga nonetheless. It would be a crime to football if Barcelona win anything this year.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:07 pm

The situation Barca are in right now with Setien reminds me of our situation with Solari. A lighter version of it because noone can top Solari's disastrous spell in charge of RM

It's high time teams stop appointing low level managers and expect them to be able to command respect in dressing rooms full of stars. It's a recipe for disaster
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Setien was never better than Valverde. I understand the CL eliminations overshadowed Valvderdes achievements, but nonetheless Barca were a force to be reckoned with.

I'm assuming Xavi is coming to take over?
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm

Xavi will not coach barca under this presidency from what I recall. He is tight with Laporta and he will be sold as the future coach during the next electoral campaign
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:21 pm

I haven't seen much Barca post-restart. Are they as bad as people are saying or is it typical Barca fan overreacting?

Not going to lie, there are some Lucho 14/15 vibes here. Atletico match upcoming too. If Barca wins with MSG each getting a goal, put money on them winning the CL. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Setiénball is certainly more enjoyable to watch than Valturdeball for a neutral at least. At least you can tell when they play that yes, this is Barça playing. Barcelona have had more control, playing from the back patiently, and until the weekend they had 5 clean sheets in a row (something Valvturde did not manage in 3 years despite playing far deeper) and Barça frankly should have killed the game against Celta in the first half. They didn't, and now we're here talking about Setién.

For me the main issue is mismanagement of the club. How can anyone blame Setién after a few months? He hasn't had a transfer window or a pre-season to strengthen his team and now gets Pjanić forced down upon his throat when he allegedly had no idea or say in the transfer. If the guy was bald everyone would be giving him at least 2 seasons and 3 transfer windows Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:45 am

Casciavit wrote:I haven't seen much Barca post-restart. Are they as bad as people are saying or is it typical Barca fan overreacting?

Not going to lie, there are some Lucho 14/15 vibes here. Atletico match upcoming too. If Barca wins with MSG each getting a goal, put money on them winning the CL. Laughing

Overreacting.

dany covered most of, even tho I don't feel he's the right guy I mean his assistance seem to show more passion and actually give the players an earful, which is why I see some of the veteran players aren't happy under them since EV gave them more free reign and argued less it seems.

I don't think this will be anywhere near the same as of 2015, as most of the player then were young and in their peak, now this is slow aging team with much less in their tank, the new format may help many, but will see.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 am

Pique 33
Messi 33
Suarez 33
Rakitic 32
Alba 31
Busquets 31
Vidal 33
and now Pjanic 30

this is the problem, core of the team is old, entitled, slow and they're all divas

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:46 am

also: If Barcelona don't beat Atlético Madrid and Villarreal, Quique Setién will get the sack. [cat radio]

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 am

And who'll replace him? Xavi?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Not sure if we are overreacting haha, but we kinda deserve to be reacting badly thats for sure, since we have been witness the trend for too long, and this Arthur deal has just taken it to another unacceptable level. But its the club management overall thats affected it obviously.

Purely on the pitch Setien arent that bad, but he arent good either. Since the restart I think the team has been a bit worst than before it, but again it was predictable since u can see what Setien brings to the team, he has improved it in some areas, but the main weaknesses remain, so in the end it just wont be enough, not when Zidane has Real improving constantly.

Im not sure about this sacking Setien so soon lol, since we have still got the CL after in August I believe? There is still slight hopes for that I guess, so only sack him if there is a good alternative, if not keep him until the break when we can get someone better.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm

To be fair, we looked pretty shit until just before christmas. We weren’t great after the turn of the year, either. You’ve been pretty awful this year, and we only just managed to go above you on the table. I’m happy to see that we’re finally starting to play well, but I’ve seen very little that’s been praise-worthy from both teams, in recent time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:also: If Barcelona don't beat Atlético Madrid and Villarreal, Quique Setién will get the sack. [cat radio]

Now we get to see how reliable cat radio is Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:09 am

Yep, fact check coming soon.

The rumor is that heavyweights in dressing room (Messi, Pique, Busquets mainly) agreed to sack Valverde but only if Xavi came. Instead they brought Setien and there was tension from the beginning.

This club is a mess. Bartomeu doesnt know how to handle anything, he doesnt talk to players openly, makes decisions behind their back and negotiates transfers behind other clubs' backs. Very unprofessional and hostile work environment, it seems.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:15 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I haven't seen much Barca post-restart. Are they as bad as people are saying or is it typical Barca fan overreacting?

Overreacting.

dany covered most of, even tho I don't feel he's the right guy I mean his assistance seem to show more passion and actually give the players an earful, which is why I see some of the veteran players aren't happy under them since EV gave them more free reign and argued less it seems.

I don't think this will be anywhere near the same as of 2015, as most of the player then were young and in their peak, now this is slow aging team with much less in their tank, the new format may help many, but will see.

Oh, I agree, I wasn't being serious. The board is a mess. Valverde needed to go and Setien was put in a difficult position. I never got the feeling the players were on board for his arrival from the start. They never wanted Valverde to leave and if Myesyats' report is true then that makes more sense.

Setien was unlucky with Dembele's season-ending injury. He was a big part of his initial plans. Setien was fielding a 3-5-2 and Dembele was going to have a big responsibility on the right.

Barca's biggest problem is they needed a LW who actually knows how to play on the left. A wide forward who has the capacity to take on his man and decide the game with his own skills, but serve primarily as an outlet. Neymar, Sane, Son, Mane and more should have all been prioritized ahead of someone like Griezmann.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:03 am

Firing a title winning manager who was still on top of the table at the time doesn't warrant the statement "needed to be fired". At all.

But, as a Madrid fan, I appreciate that they hired a man who is currently biting off more than he could chew while giving you guys the aesthetically pleasing football that apparently was lacking.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:06 am

Casciavit wrote: Oh, I agree, I wasn't being serious. The board is a mess. Valverde needed to go and Setien was put in a difficult position. I never got the feeling the players were on board for his arrival from the start. They never wanted Valverde to leave and if Myesyats' report is true then that makes more sense.

Setien was unlucky with Dembele's season-ending injury. He was a big part of his initial plans. Setien was fielding a 3-5-2 and Dembele was going to have a big responsibility on the right.

Barca's biggest problem is they needed a LW who actually knows how to play on the left. A wide forward who has the capacity to take on his man and decide the game with his own skills, but serve primarily as an outlet. Neymar, Sane, Son, Mane and more should have all been prioritized ahead of someone like Griezmann.

We chased Neymar all summer, but couldn't get him over the line, so they decided Griez, while Sane was on his way to BM, I feel Pool players will be harder to get apparently during Cout negotiation Pool added some kind of clause that we'd have to pay an additional 100m on top of what the players value is if we go for another player from them lol and I'm not too sure how much Son would've improved this team tbh.

Can't believe we witness this board waste Messi peak and even wasting ter Stegen bet he regrets no joining City in 2016.

Are next step should be as follow,

1. Current board sacked, I mean everyone
2. Aging players gone, Pique, Busquets, Raki, Vidal, Alba, Suarez, etc
3. Bring in a new manager (Xavi or ten Hag) and let them build the team
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 am

Doc wrote:Firing a title winning manager who was still on top of the table at the time doesn't warrant the statement "needed to be fired". At all.

But, as a Madrid fan, I appreciate that they hired a man who is currently biting off more than he could chew while giving you guys the aesthetically pleasing football that apparently was lacking.

Of course, because he should've been sacked before the season even begun, but like usually this board never makes any decision right.

It was his third season with the players naturally his result would've been better, however they should've waited till the end of the season.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:33 am

I always find it funny when Madrid fans come out of the woodworks defending Valverde. Mind you this is the same fanbase that calls for a coach’s head after a few losses at the start of the season. It’s also the same fanbase that was winning the CL 3 times in a row but a certain few wanted Zidane to leave because he was too results-oriented and wasn’t building a proper foundation.

Imagine losing two 3-0 leads in the CL in back to back years WHILE having Messi. This isn’t some Dortmund or some young team losing because of inexperience it’s Barca choking it all away. They lost to fucking Roma. rofl

There was too much of a stink surrounding Valverde. The players loved him because he went easy on them.

What should have happened is he should’ve gotten sacked after the Liverpool loss. Barca should’ve rebuilt their squad and undergone a new project that very summer with sensible signings not galacticos.

If Barca fans are the most overreactive fanbase with a victim mentality then Madrid fans are the most hypocritical and arrogant fanbase. The two worst fanbases out there.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:50 am

lol its all part of the banter that goes on with football. majority of the fans of big clubs want the coach fired, he's the easiest target. the only time i can remember it not being the case was probably arsenal; it took a while before a movement against arsene developed. even united, once ferguson left the true colors came out

and on the flip side the rivals "false pity" the guy who was kicked out , not just managers but even players, as a means of spiting the other fan base, all part of the game.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:02 am

That notwithstanding , us throwing this title away wud be a fireable offense.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum