McLewis
RealGunner
Kick
23 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Women's General Football Discussion Empty Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:47 pm

After my local streaming service added the FA Women's Super League to their roster, I've finally been able to watch Chelsea play :bow:

This was announced within days of the massive move of Sam Kerr to Chelsea, to a lot of fanfare in Australia.

I will use this thread to keep track of Australia's best footballing export once she arrives in Jan, but any Women's football related posts are acceptable.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:10 pm

With a 6 0 win over Birmingham, Chelsea move back top :bow:

Millie Bright channeled her inner Beckenbauer from CB :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:14 pm

We are now 6 games without conceding. Scoring is our issue atm but we'll comfortably win the league again tbh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:We are now 6 games without conceding. Scoring is our issue atm but we'll comfortably win the league again tbh

If Sam Kerr hits the ground running, Chelsea will be a real threat, we lack a top goal scorer, and Sam Kerr is exactly that.

I think it will be very tight, City are looking strong too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:09 pm

Good thread, Kick.

Been watching NWSL on and off for a season now and Sam Kerr had a fantastic year in Chicago before joining Chelsea. She was always destined for a bigger club and the Champions League. Elite player.

I also follow Roma's women's team which is in its second ever season. They got thumped pretty good by Juve today though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:22 pm

McLewis wrote:Good thread, Kick.

Been watching NWSL on and off for a season now and Sam Kerr had a fantastic year in Chicago before joining Chelsea. She was always destined for a bigger club and the Champions League. Elite player.

I also follow Roma's women's team which is in its second ever season. They got thumped pretty good by Juve today though.

Great to Hear Roma have picked up a women's team, too :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:44 pm

Indeed. They stream all their games on Twitter so it's easy to catch them. They are a talented young team that sent like 6 players to the NT in the last few rounds. The coach was voted MOTY last season, the club's inaugural season. They loaded up in the summer and have more depth now and have been churning out wins up until the last couple of games. They just lack the experience of the bigger sides like Juve, Milan and Fiorentina. Since only the top 2 sides advance to the CL out of Serie A, it's going to be a real struggle for our ladies to make it. They're on the right track though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:47 pm

I have a new second favorite.

First was always Kosovare Asllani but Leah Williamson is creeping in at second place imho.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 am

McLewis wrote:Indeed. They stream all their games on Twitter so it's easy to catch them. They are a talented young team that sent like 6 players to the NT in the last few rounds. The coach was voted MOTY last season, the club's inaugural season. They loaded up in the summer and have more depth now and have been churning out wins up until the last couple of games. They just lack the experience of the bigger sides like Juve, Milan and Fiorentina. Since only the top 2 sides advance to the CL out of Serie A, it's going to be a real struggle for our ladies to make it. They're on the right track though.
That is great to hear, promoting the game should be every club's goal at the moment.

Nishankly wrote:I have a new second favorite.

First was always Kosovare Asllani but Leah Williamson is creeping in at second place imho.
Who was your old second favourite?

I'm a huge Ji and Kirby fan :bow: and am looking forward to seeing Kerr link up with those two.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:18 am

Vivianne Miedema is already on her way to surpassing Marta as the best women's player of all time
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:08 pm

Huge come from behind win for Chelsea over Man City today :bow:

It wasn't pretty by any means, but they got the job done.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:41 pm

AC Milan also started our women's team since 2018 and they are progressing this area very well. occasionally our women team also join milanello training exercises and i hope there is more frequent of this like playing along with primavera as a practice match and get to collaborate with our men's team.

Our club purchased some sort of licensing rights of A.C.F. Brescia Calcio Femminile. I really like Giacinti and Heorum and they are frequently updating in insta as well which is great.

Sadly Juventus women team is dominating still Sad

my dream is if Milan and Inter come to agreement with city council to allow to build new ground, our AC Milan team will arrange both women and men matchdays in new stadium

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:28 am

A great Debut for Kerr in the WSL, a couple of great chances she should have scored, but got an assist for the first, was taken out by the GK after getting to the ball first which resulted in a GK red, and her deflected shot resulted in the ball falling to Reiten for the second.

Influential, and it's only the beginning :bow:

Arsenal and City also won so it remains tight at the top :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:36 am

Never watched a match (also because women football is the only place where Milan are winning derby against Inter) but Eleonora Goldoni Inter CF is great imo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:38 am

Robespierre wrote:Never watched a match (also because women football is the only place where Milan are winning derby against Inter) but Eleonora Goldoni Inter CF is great imo.

Mate, put some matches on, it's well worth watching!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:44 am

We loaned out a player to.....Spurs Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:We loaned out a player to.....Spurs Laughing

Wow rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:46 pm

I have a strong feeling that Ada Hegerberg will play for Roma before the end of this decade.

It will probably be in the twilight of her career and for the nostalgia given her sister plays there, but I can see it happening at some point.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Bit of transfer news:

Signed her until the end of the season. Apparently, she was burned out at Juve, returned to Sweden and is now ready to return to Serie A. Solid addition for our backline.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:50 pm

This would be a significant signing for Portland and NWSL. She was one of France's best players in the WC and really gave us trouble. Great player.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:57 pm

She really impressed me during the WC, needs a bit more of an end product to hit the next level, though.

Would be a great signing!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:30 pm

Chelsea thumped Arsenal in the biggest WSL game of the season, running out 4 1 winners. Sam Kerr got her first goal for Chelsea too :bow:

The gap to the top is reduced to 1 point, with a game in hand for Chelsea Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Also Ingle scored a stunner that is well worth watching, and If I can find a highlight of it, I'll add it in this thread.

EDIT: watch and enjoy:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Banger. What a thump that was. Excellent technique.

Watched Roma go up 2-0 over a strong Milan side, only to implode in the 2nd half and lose 3-2.

Great game overall though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:47 pm

McLewis wrote:Banger. What a thump that was. Excellent technique.

Watched Roma go up 2-0 over a strong Milan side, only to implode in the 2nd half and lose 3-2.

Great game overall though.

Sounds like a great game, tbh :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next