El Gunner
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal vs Bournemouth - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Bournemouth

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:57 pm

a win's a win. Bournemouth aren't that bad a side tbh, they were pretty tame in the first half. Sure we should do better to go at teams when they are for the taking. But Emery looks more like a win by one goal type of manager in league games / serious games.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Lol i don't get how we keep getting dominated by teams at home ffs.

But 3 points and a cleansheet.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:02 pm

We need Laca badly, our attack is so disjointed, nobody can hold up. I thought we did alright tactically given how Bournemouth has lot of runners, Emery didnt want another Watford repeat. I think the day we can dominate in PL is long gone, as long as our opponents have speedy runners, we're always at risk. My MOTM is Chambers, dude was solid, one vital clearance and nearly had an assist.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:02 pm

Lucky 3 points tbh. Soon as Bournemouth increased the tempo and actually tried, they had Arsenal backtracking. The midfield just went missing. Again.

The result is good in the circumstances but these performances aren't acceptable imo. The team looks dreadful as an attacking unit.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Regarding Pepe, I dont like how he only has one gear in his game, get a ball, run at defenders with some fancy tricks. I dont know if he plays with certain level of disrespect or his decision making is slow but so often he went too far to take on unnecessary players. Get past one or two players is fine, u dont need to take on the next guy, just pass.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:Lol i don't get how we keep getting dominated by teams at home ffs.

But 3 points and a cleansheet.

how exactly did Bournemouth dominate us?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Edu was watching from the stands. Surely he knows, fans are not happy with what we’re seeing. Top 4 or not, Emery needs to go at the end of the season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:00 pm

If he gets CL then surely he deserves a season in there?

But i wouldn't complain if he goes as long as we don't bring in Arteta.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Not really, if we finish in the top 4 it will be because Man Utd have a terrible team/manager, Chelsea have been banned from signing any player while losing their best player— rather than us playing like a CL team. In normal circumstances, this team doesn’t finish in the top 4. I mean Leicester seem a more serious candidate than these two.

Somehow we have regressed as a team, despite adding a 100m worth of talent. Last season we won this fixture convincingly 5-1, now we barely scrape through. Conceding about 15 chances per game. Creating one chance (from a corner) against one of the worst defensive and awaz teams in the league.

If we do finish in the top 4, I’ll thank Emery for being a decent transition manager but we need to seize the opportunity with us being in the CL and attract a CL level manager.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Think these are very good 3 points. Bournemouth can cause troubles.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:24 pm

I must say i don't mind victories like these. Maybe Emery wants to develop a formula that will help us destabilise most of the mid-table teams and hopefully stalls peak performance until he gets all the players he wants.

I mean, i genuinely think we are a super good midfield setup away from truly challenging bigger opposition. Xhaka is problematic, and it is easy to see Emery doesn't fancy Ozil at all. So we need a good AM, and a really really good defensive minded #8. The deep lying midfield controller is the biggest problem. I have a bit of hope in Emile Smith Rowe for the AM position, and i love how Emery isn't afraid to use the young boys. Saka and Willock has been some big positive so far this season.

even if it all eventually only leads to one-goal victories for now...  I mean George Graham did this in the past right? Albeit with a much more stable defense.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 pm

El Gunner wrote:I must say i don't mind victories like these. Maybe Emery wants to develop a formula that will help us destabilise most of the mid-table teams and hopefully stalls peak performance until he gets all the players he wants.

I mean, i genuinely think we are a super good midfield setup away from truly challenging bigger opposition. Xhaka is problematic, and it is easy to see Emery doesn't fancy Ozil at all. So we need a good AM, and a really really good defensive minded #8. The deep lying midfield controller is the biggest problem. I have a bit of hope in Emile Smith Rowe for the AM position, and i love how Emery isn't afraid to use the young boys. Saka and Willock has been some big positive so far this season.

even if it all eventually only leads to one-goal victories for now...  I mean George Graham did this in the past right? Albeit with a much more stable defense.

That’s the big thing. We’re not a negative team like Graham’s, because that implies that we are a good defending team. We’re just sh*t, not excelling either in attack or defence.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Bournemouth in no way ever looked like scoring against us today.

It's just the stupid fucking on-field mistakes by the players that cost us most of the time lately these days. We would have a decent to good defensive record if it isn't for that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:Bournemouth in no way ever looked like scoring against us today.

It's just the stupid fucking on-field mistakes by the players that cost us most of the time lately these days. We would have a decent to good defensive record if it isn't for that.

You must’ve only watched the first half, they dominated us at home for 45 straight minutes Laughing Wilson cut through our defence as if it weren’t there. That’s on the manager, when you have a better team and still get dominated.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 pm

xG can be nonsensical sometimes
that Callum Wilson chance which chambers cleared isn't even considered because it wasnt attempt on goal Laughing but it was a huge chance
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Sina wrote:xG can be nonsensical sometimes
that Callum Wilson chance which chambers cleared isn't even considered because it wasnt attempt on goal Laughing but it was a huge chance

That’s why xG shouldn’t be used for individual games but rather for a sum of games where you can see a pattern.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2