The Racism Thread

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Nishankly on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:03 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:

It's probably the same the other way round. I bet Chinese people can't tell Europeans apart.

I have now lived on 3 countries with different facial features and I can confirm this is true.

If I go to club in France, everyone looks the same to me until I notice their faces personally. The same way in Singapore, everyone seems to be Chinese.

In these same clubs, my other friends of the native country have no problem finding the people they know within the 60 seconds.

This is mostly because of limited interaction between different races so we have a perception that "our" race has the most distinguishing features since we have only interacted with them as we've grown up to notice these different features instantaneously. In Indian clubs or pubs, I notice my friends and which girls are hot or not within the first 30 seconds.

Travelling and living in other countries makes you a lot wiser, please never stop travelling guys.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 am

@Vibe wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@Vibe wrote:Absolutely. 100%.

As I said, I was talking generally. The 20th century was a time of some serious misconceptions but on a human to human level, there was more tolerance, for sure.

As I said in my first post, I was talking in general, not structly racism.

How could you claim this to be true when you had NO interaction on a human to human level in the 20th century?

What you know to be true would only have to come from a picture painted for you by external influences. Since you are living in a rather racially homogenous country it would have come from someone living in an even more racially homogenous society of that past.

Let me tell you on a human to human level what was going on last century, during my lifetime as a guy who isnt even old yet.

Nazis were recruiting at Stamford Bridge well into the 90's. John Barnes had to deal with "Everton are white" and bananas thrown at him into the late 80's. Do you know this is the same nation which has held Bernado silva to task this week for racism? To think things were better on a people to people level back then, on your continent, is simply absurd. You need to have a long hard look in the mirror, and at the people who told you that rubbish.

Well then we can just disregard history alltogether. I'm not having this conversation anymore, wtf... It seems the times of logic are long gone as well .
actually in a book called, the better angels of our nature, looked at violence between humans throughout history and the conclusion was that last century was the lowest amount of death/violence ever, despite there being 2 world wars and other useless countless wars/tragedies. Every century humans have gotten much better and more "peaceful" when it comes to killing one another. The steady decline is still relevant today

Clutch
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:03 am

@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Black people DO look alike to us white people who have little everyday experience interacting with black people.
Because our perception is racist.
If we meet a black person, we register them as a black person first and foremost, not registering all the other attributes that person has, which in reality are as remarkable as their skin colour.
But we store them under "skin colour black", and that's why we can't discern between those stored in that category.
thats not true. they look alike to us because they all have the same distinguishing features. the same as arabs or chinese or japanese. i think its only us white people that have a mixed bag of distinguishing features. we can distinguish black people or arab or oriental people when we see them but if we had to discribe them to some one the discription would be the same apart from hight and weight for most parts.

that’s just not true at all. My sister is brown haired with real green eyes and pale skin. my grandfather is blond haired blue eyed. I look latino looking and my dad has a very arabic look. Northern Africa and the middle east are very diverse regions racially. Zidane wouldn’t look out of place in the UK
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:47 am

I've reached levels of Asian fluency that I can easily tell apart the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese.

I think for Europeans, just based on looks, it's easy to say who's Nordic, who's Germanic, who's Southern European and who's Slavic. But not specific countries.

I didn't include Brits and Irish because they're too obvious.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:53 am

@Clutch wrote:
@Vibe wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

How could you claim this to be true when you had NO interaction on a human to human level in the 20th century?

What you know to be true would only have to come from a picture painted for you by external influences. Since you are living in a rather racially homogenous country it would have come from someone living in an even more racially homogenous society of that past.

Let me tell you on a human to human level what was going on last century, during my lifetime as a guy who isnt even old yet.

Nazis were recruiting at Stamford Bridge well into the 90's. John Barnes had to deal with "Everton are white" and bananas thrown at him into the late 80's. Do you know this is the same nation which has held Bernado silva to task this week for racism? To think things were better on a people to people level back then, on your continent, is simply absurd. You need to have a long hard look in the mirror, and at the people who told you that rubbish.

Well then we can just disregard history alltogether. I'm not having this conversation anymore, wtf... It seems the times of logic are long gone as well .
actually in a book called, the better angels of our nature, looked at violence between humans throughout history and the conclusion was that last century was the lowest amount of death/violence ever, despite there being 2 world wars and other useless countless wars/tragedies. Every century humans have gotten much better and more "peaceful" when it comes to killing one another. The steady decline is still relevant today
its called a pecking order.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:58 am

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Black people DO look alike to us white people who have little everyday experience interacting with black people.
If we meet a black person, we register them as a black person first and foremost, not registering all the other attributes that person has, which in reality are as remarkable as their skin colour.
But we store them under "skin colour black", and that's why we can't discern between those stored in that category.
thats not true. they look alike to us because they all have the same distinguishing features. the same as arabs or chinese or japanese. i think its only us white people that have a mixed bag of distinguishing features. we can distinguish black people or arab or oriental people when we see them but if we had to discribe them to some one the discription would be the same apart from hight and weight for most parts.

that’s just not true at all. My sister is brown haired with real green eyes and pale skin. my grandfather is blond haired blue eyed. I look latino looking and my dad has a very arabic look. Northern Africa and the middle east are very diverse regions racially. Zidane wouldn’t look out of place in the UK

Neither would Mo Salah or Ronaldo(Brazil). UK is a pretty racially diverse country.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:02 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@Unique wrote:

no body would look out of place in the UK.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:10 pm

@Zagadka wrote:I've reached levels of Asian fluency that I can easily tell apart the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese.

I think for Europeans, just based on looks, it's easy to say who's Nordic, who's Germanic, who's Southern European and who's Slavic. But not specific countries.

It's quite easy to tell the Japanese, Chinese and the Koreans apart for me but it's more difficult when it comes to people from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:18 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:I've reached levels of Asian fluency that I can easily tell apart the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese.

It's quite easy to tell the Japanese, Chinese and the Koreans apart for me but it's more difficult when it comes to people from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia

But the skill of discerning people (like as Sepi says, it's kind of possible to guess for fellow Europeans whether people might be from France, Italy, Denmark, England, Spain, Poland) is not only, and maybe not even mainly, down to physical appearance, like skin tone, hair colour, facial features.
It's also to a really large amount down to a whole set of cultural observations we have learned to make, haircuts, clothes, demeanour etc.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:21 pm

With Asians, for you, it should be since easy for you are Asian.

But, the last fire truck has to leave the station eventually so I have made an equation for you to help you with your "Asian Fluency"

Here are some examples:
For you, you can tell who is Chinese by just looking at them, and then looking at yourself and figuring out who is better.

For you, you can tell who is Korean, by just looking at them, and then looking at yourself and figuring out who is better.

For you, you can tell who is Japanese, by just looking at them, and then looking at yourself and figuring out who is better.

You, specifically, can insert any Asian, or African, group in that equation as a variable and get an answer. You are very lucky in that regard sepi.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:22 pm

I don't want to make it harder for you guys but this reminds me of a funny part is that we have nearly 50 million people in North East India who look Chinese

The Racism Thread - Page 4 Main-qimg-954b97cec06113fae673e1e526e5b6ee

The Racism Thread - Page 4 Northeast_youths_know_india_better_than_most_1516434970

The Racism Thread - Page 4 Z

These are Indians as well.

I have a hilarious story. I had a friend from Assam and we were in the lift talking in Hindi. Our old French landlord entered and said how they love diversity and how Indians and Chinese get along but then asked which of us learnt the other language and then was shellshocked when we said its an Indian language. She got off on the second floor and 2 chinese girls entered and asked my friend a question in Chinese almost instantly. It was hilarious and my friend said this is the story of his life Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:24 pm

@Nishankly wrote:I don't want to make it harder for you guys but this reminds me of a funny part is that we have nearly 50 million people in North East India who look Chinese

The Racism Thread - Page 4 Main-qimg-954b97cec06113fae673e1e526e5b6ee

The Racism Thread - Page 4 Northeast_youths_know_india_better_than_most_1516434970

The Racism Thread - Page 4 Z

These are Indians as well.

I have a hilarious story. I had a friend from Assam and we were in the lift talking in Hindi. Our old French landlord entered and said how they love diversity and how Indians and Chinese get along but then asked which of us learnt the other language and then was shellshocked when we said its an Indian language. She got off on the second floor and 2 chinese girls entered and asked my friend a question in Chinese almost instantly. It was hilarious and my friend said this is the story of his life Laughing

Buddha actually died in Assam.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:30 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@Unique wrote:

Hell, some Moroccans have blonde hair and its quite hard sometimes to differentiate a Maghrebi from a French. Half of North India has a fair white complexion with dark hair and usually brown/black eyes (Very occasionally blue, hazel or green), they get mistaken for Canadians and Americans routinely abroad. The same for some Italians, they get mistaken for being arab sometimes.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:31 pm

If anything this thread should explain to someone how rich and diverse this world is Smile
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:

But, the last fire truck has to leave the station eventually so I have made an equation for you to help you with your "Asian Fluency"

Here are some examples:
For you, you can tell who is Chinese by just looking at them, and then looking at yourself and figuring out who is better.

For you, you can tell who is Korean, by just looking at them, and then looking at yourself and figuring out who is better.

For you, you can tell who is Japanese, by just looking at them, and then looking at yourself and figuring out who is better.

You, specifically, can insert any Asian, or African, group in that equation as a variable and get an answer. You are very lucky in that regard sepi.

Bore off with your bait. I have better things to do.

You well know that in North American culture, Asian refers to East Asian.

Geographically I'm Asian. I guess in UK I'd be Asian too. but in US/Canada I'm a middle-easterner. I've been called Turk, Arab, Bulgarian, Italian, Afghan....so what? let people guess. it's part of the game. Same I do with them =) . So yea, in fact, I'm very lucky to have such an open mind, fun spirit, and explosive brain who gets along with everyone and doesn't get offended all the time.

Can't wait until my Japanese reaches conversational level, so I can reply to you in Japanese (though you'd definitely accuse me of Cultural Appropriation for learning Japanese) cheers Cool

Have a good sunday everyone
Zagadka
Zagadka
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:55 pm

@Zagadka wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:

Here are some examples:

Bore off with your bait. I have better things to do.

You well know that in North American culture, Asian refers to East Asian.

Geographically I'm Asian. I guess in UK I'd be Asian too. but in US/Canada I'm a middle-easterner. I've been called Turk, Arab, Bulgarian, Italian, Afghan....so what? let people guess. it's part of the game. Same I do with them =) . So yea, in fact, I'm very lucky to have such an open mind, fun spirit, and explosive brain who gets along with everyone and doesn't get offended all the time.

Can't wait until my Japanese reaches conversational level, so I can reply to you in Japanese (though you'd definitely accuse me of Cultural Appropriation for learning Japanese) cheers Cool

Have a good sunday everyone

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually think its good you are learning Japanese. Maybe that will teach you why its a bad thing to racially abuse people and tell people to go back there when they say something that disagrees with you.

Also you are definitely Asian no matter where you are. The distinction was made when Syrians didnt want to be excluded by the chinese exclusion act in this country which magically didnt just exclude Chinese people, but every golden group. That was in the past though and every aware west Asian considers themselves just Asian.

I am curious though. I watched your little instagram channel, and saw the Japanese video. Do you really think japans industry, safeness, and identity is really just down to being "homogenous"(which it really isnt since Okinawans,Ainu,Yamato,ect all are very different yet fall under this umbrella) or is it simply something in the people. If you think Persians were given this island, where gays are thrown off buildings, and women cant even go inside football stadiums, that it would be the same even if they were homogenous?

If you find the answer to this, then your world/political view falls apart pretty quickly.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Wanted to comment on some of the posts in the Longstaff thread in the General section as they are relevant to this thread.

Here's my view - Calling white people who are from the lower class, "inbred" is offensive and racist.

I hear this all the time in the States aimed at poor whites. It's an odd insult given the history behind it.

It's interesting that incest has become emblematic of poor whites when it has a history of being utilized by the richest white people in history. The Ptolemaic dynasty (White Greeks) of Egypt were famous for their incest. Many of the most famous royal houses around Europe practiced it as well to the point where hemophilia became the most noticeable health trait indicating inbreeding.

For me, the Longstaff brothers look like normal brothers. I'd love to understand better what about their looks indicate inbreeding.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:13 pm

It's offensive, it's not really racist though. The inbred thing especially is anti-rural, elitist (as you point out, funnily so given the inbred nature of nobility) and classist.
Racism is a whole other beast.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:58 pm

For sure offensive, its meant to be. Dont see it as racist though. Fully agree with Hans. You have the same kind of comments/stereotype in latin america about rural places where people aren't majoritarily white.

People can be classist regardless of race.

I get the joke from looking at them though Laughing was funny
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Well, unlike other words, I think "inbred" is usually used by white people against other white people so imho they got to sort this out among themselves and yeah it's classist rather than racist.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:58 pm

As i've said in the appropriate thread, there is no real racism towards white people, it will be offensive jokes.

To me racism = discrimination

In this case, Longstaff brothers are not mocked for being white, they are mocked for looking inbred. Which is a common insult.

If i say Ronaldinho looks like a inbred because of his teeth (i don't think it)... some would say i'm racist because i attack a black person, but reality has more nuances.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:07 pm

I agree with the guys here, I think it's classist but not racist.

As for whether or not it's offensive, it really depends on how thick your skin is. In my case, I've lost count how many times an ignorant person came up to me and said:"You're from Tunisia, right? You guys still marry your first cousins over there?"

In that situation, you can either get mad and offended (which is within your right, I suppose", Or laugh it off like I do and accept the reality that no matter how advanced, we as a species get, there will always be people out there who want to fuck up your day and get under your skin for whatever reason (low self-esteem, self-loathing, depression,...). And you could either let them do that to you, or shit right in their lap by completely ignoring them.

Once your realize that, and instead of feeling sorry for yourself, you'll start feeling sorry for them.

My advice to you is the same one Myesyats gave. We're grown adults, and it should take more than just words to bring us down.So bring it on baby, just don't get offended when I hit back with a lovely"We've learned from the best", while pointing at the guy who asked me that stupid question Laughing

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Come on lads admit it. We have all fucked at least one cousin Laughing Laughing

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:50 pm

@Unique wrote:Come on lads admit it. We have all fucked at least one cousin Laughing Laughing

We don't all live on islands, mate.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:56 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:
@Unique wrote:Come on lads admit it. We have all fucked at least one cousin Laughing Laughing

We don't all live on islands, mate.
did you think I was beginning serious scratch

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:00 pm

So we have established that calling white people cousin fucker is not racist but would it be classed as racist if I were to call let's say a Pakistani man a goat fucker.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum