El Gunner
Unique
McLewis
39 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm

Emmanuel Macron vows to 'win the battle' against Muslims creating separate communities in France

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8016455/Emmanuel-Macron-vows-win-battle-against-Muslims-creating-separate-communities-France.html

ow shit. he will regret that Neutral

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I would agree if we were talking about gun violence. Since we're talking solely about hand to hand violence, those statistics don't work.

It's all well and good to not be put off by such things and more power to the black guys that head to super white places like Russia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, etc. They are braver than I will probably ever be.  If I do come to Europe, I'll stick to countries that have more diversity like the UK, France, Germany, etc.

I wouldnt trust france. This was in "diverse" Paris:

If I can find some more I can probably convince my girlfriend not to push for a france trip this year.
dont worry mate if you get attacked your girlfriend can save you because it sounds like she is the one with the balls anyway. Thumbs up

Cant wait for The bronze bomber to put Fury on his ass tomorrow. Cool

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

If I can find some more I can probably convince my girlfriend not to push for a france trip this year.
dont worry mate if you get attacked your girlfriend can save you because it sounds like she is the one with the balls anyway. Thumbs up

Cant wait for The bronze bomber to put Fury on his ass tomorrow. Cool
i thought wilder was black not bronze:scratch: anyway i hope he does because fury is a twat of the highest order.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:22 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Unique wrote:
i agree with all of that but thats not the point im making. my point is you have 50 times more chance of getting killed where you live now than you do going to a tourist area in europe. what im trying to say is black americans getting beaten to death in europe is very very rare so dont be put off or scared to come to europe by storys like that.

I would agree if we were talking about gun violence. Since we're talking solely about hand to hand violence, those statistics don't work.

It's all well and good to not be put off by such things and more power to the black guys that head to super white places like Russia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, etc. They are braver than I will probably ever be.  If I do come to Europe, I'll stick to countries that have more diversity like the UK, France, Germany, etc.

These happened in the suburbs, the suburbs of Paris or any major City in Western Europe are horrible. Its the definition of immigration done wrong in Europe. Its basically immigrants coming but still fighting against other immigrants. I am not saying this is not downright horrible but I am saying these parts of Paris are the definition of globalization done wrong which I mean Sevran, Boulougne Billancourt, Saint Ouen, Saint Denis, Aubiervilliers, Drancy. Hell my Indian friend got stabbed by Sri Lankans while looking for a house in Bobigny.  

You will have 0 problems in Paris. I lived in Paris with no problems even while a couple of ISIS attacks happened. France is way way way better than the US, even if they have problem, they associate it politically rather than on the streets. The majority of right wing French are not racist, they just want the government to handle immigration policies better, which I agree with as an immigrant in France since the past 2.5 out of 3 years. No one was complaining when Singapore did a mass exodus of Malaysians and Indonesians.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Delete this Nish, let betty believe what he wants to believe so he doesnt come to Europe. We dont need his kind here tbh hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Myesyats wrote:Delete this Nish, let betty believe what he wants to believe so he doesnt come to Europe. We dont need his kind here tbh hmm

I've been posting a whole lot of bullshit in the GS due to a number of reasons, if this makes sense to some, I'd rather let it stay Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:12 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:

These happened in the suburbs, the suburbs of Paris or any major City in Western Europe are horrible. Its the definition of immigration done wrong in Europe. Its basically immigrants coming but still fighting against other immigrants. I am not saying this is not downright horrible but I am saying these parts of Paris are the definition of globalization done wrong which I mean Sevran, Boulougne Billancourt, Saint Ouen, Saint Denis, Aubiervilliers, Drancy. Hell my Indian friend got stabbed by Sri Lankans while looking for a house in Bobigny.  

You will have 0 problems in Paris. I lived in Paris with no problems even while a couple of ISIS attacks happened. France is way way way better than the US, even if they have problem, they associate it politically rather than on the streets. The majority of right wing French are not racist, they just want the government to handle immigration policies better, which I agree with as an immigrant in France since the past 2.5 out of 3 years. No one was complaining when Singapore did a mass exodus of Malaysians and Indonesians.

Globalization done wrong is what Europeans did in your home country....and in Vietnam.

If Europeans are worried about immigrants while acting as terrible immigrants in the the rest of the world, then thats their problem, but it is no excuse for bigotry on display in that tweet.

Im not worried about "Me" having a problem. I grew up with rolling 20's and YG and it becomes very apparent when I speak that I am american. Im worried about what she, a person with no direct experience with racism, will deal with. I mean I expressed the same concerns before we went to India...where we had a great time. It isnt lost on me though that its different as two Asan looking people there than it would be as two asian looking people in Europe now with Coronovirus exposing sinophobia. Neither of us look Chinese, but to the average person who doesnt know it clearly doesnt make a difference.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 pm

Not true, you would have a much much much harder time in India where 60% of population haven't ever seen a Chinese in their lives let alone seeing them on TV. (Even though we have South Asian descent within our country)

Globalization done wrong, true, involves colonialism and sure your Asian community is the forefront of it being done right but coming from a community which isn't capable of living among themselves let alone in developed societies with proper social routines, things go really wrong.

You can't relate, stop putting me in your boat and treating us one. It doesn't work after a point which is 1950. Things have changed. Africa and South Asia are far behind the world but that doesn't mean we justify regular daily social behavior based on colonialism.

Also, nothing will happen in Paris, New York, London, New Delhi, Beijing, Sydney, Baghdad if you just follow normal regular human precautions followed by the local citizens.

You can make this as big as you want, nothing will happen unless your tourism involves casual late night strolls in an industrial middle to lower class neighborhood.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Nishankly wrote:Not true, you would have a much much much harder time in India where 60% of population haven't ever seen a Chinese in their lives let alone seeing them on TV. (Even though we have South Asian descent within our country)

Globalization done wrong, true, involves colonialism and sure your Asian community is the forefront of it being done right but coming from a community which isn't capable of living among themselves let alone in developed societies with proper social routines, things go really wrong.

You can't relate, stop putting me in your boat and treating us one. It doesn't work after a point which is 1950. Things have changed. Africa and South Asia are far behind the world but that doesn't mean we justify regular daily social behavior based on colonialism.

Also, nothing will happen in Paris, New York, London, New Delhi, Beijing, Sydney, Baghdad if you just follow normal regular human precautions followed by the local citizens.

You can make this as big as you want, nothing will happen unless your tourism involves casual late night strolls in an industrial middle to lower class neighborhood.

There is a sizable population in India who could look like us though. That was the big point around it, and while I was able to be more comfortable taking her there.

I think a lot of daily social behavior can go back to colonialism. Even on this forum.

Our Asian sister Bellabong spoke of her family putting her in a higher category because she was taller and lighter for having a European parent. Philippinos to this day worship a European god. They have been taught to hate themselves.

Malcolm X spoke of this over half a century ago:

Fair and lovely in India
Eye surgery in Korea and Japan

Colonization effects our behavior in so many ways. Its painful when you see it.

Did the people who own the store follow the local norms?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Globalization done wrong is what Europeans did in your home country....and in Vietnam.

If Europeans are worried about immigrants while acting as terrible immigrants in the the rest of the world, then thats their problem, but it is no excuse for bigotry on display in that tweet.

Im not worried about "Me" having a problem. I grew up with rolling 20's and YG and it becomes very apparent when I speak that I am american. Im worried about what she, a person with no direct experience with racism, will deal with. I mean I expressed the same concerns before we went to India...where we had a great time. It isnt lost on me though that its different as two Asan looking people there than it would be as two asian looking people in Europe now with Coronovirus exposing sinophobia. Neither of us look Chinese, but to the average person who doesnt know it clearly doesnt make a difference.
dude where on earth did you kidnapp that girlfriend of yours if she has never seen racism first hand. aint no place on earth that has not seen some kind of racism scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:37 pm

You're looking at local populations as a whole whereas the purpose of my argument is on tourism and whether your girl will be fine and safe in Paris (Central Paris, even if you take the train to Versailles).

She will be fine and what you say is completely different and another discussion which I have been saying while always focusing back on how you and her will be okay.

Whether you don't believe that is different and that's fine but as someone who isn't French and White and having in Paris for about 8 months and France for about 2.5 years, I have had more problems in Singapore with the Chinese than the French as an Indian immigrant.

Hell Paris is dominated by Asians, the luxury sector, tourism and shopping runs on them.

Last edited by Nishankly on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:37 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Not true, you would have a much much much harder time in India where 60% of population haven't ever seen a Chinese in their lives let alone seeing them on TV. (Even though we have South Asian descent within our country)

There is a sizable population in India who could look like us though. That was the big point around it, and while I was able to be more comfortable taking her there.

I think a lot of daily social behavior can go back to colonialism. Even on this forum.

Our Asian sister Bellabong spoke of her family putting her in a higher category because she was taller and lighter for having a European parent. Philippinos to this day worship a European god. They have been taught to hate themselves.

Malcolm X spoke of this over half a century ago:

Fair and lovely in India
Eye surgery in Korea and Japan

Colonization effects our behavior in so many ways. Its painful when you see it.

Did the people who own the store follow the local norms?
your asian sister bellabong was infact a brother you do know that dont you?
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

dude where on earth did you kidnapp that girlfriend of yours if she has never seen racism first hand. aint no place on earth that has not seen some kind of racism scratch

She grew up in an outer suburb of Nagoya. Not exactly the most diverse area. I think before she got to university there was only one person in her entire school who was not "Japanese Japanese" and it was a Korean girl like 2 grades ahead of her whos dad worked at the Toyota plant. Its not something she ever had to deal with.

In that sense everything becomes class related, and since its a suburb and everybody is making the same outside of the upper class middle management types who send their kids to different schools anyways, a person has no tools with which to analyze anything of the sort.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

She grew up in an outer suburb of Nagoya. Not exactly the most diverse area. I think before she got to university there was only one person in her entire school who was not "Japanese Japanese" and it was a Korean girl like 2 grades ahead of her whos dad worked at the Toyota plant. Its not something she ever had to deal with.

In that sense everything becomes class related, and since its a suburb and everybody is making the same outside of the upper class middle management types who send their kids to different schools anyways, a person has no tools with which to analyze anything of the sort.
so in japan you dont get any racism because the country is pretty much all the same race. you are a japenese american that likes to tell us how the us and europe is full of racism but your real country does not have the same problems because they pretty much keep all other races at a minimum hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:

so in japan you dont get any racism because the country is pretty much all the same race. you are a japenese american that likes to tell us how the us and europe is full of racism but your real country does not have the same problems because they pretty much keep all other races at a minimum hmm

Theres a ton of other races in big cities(including Nagoya) and other areas. She just lived in an area without any. Theres a ton of racism too. She just lived in an area without other people to be racist to explicitly. Even in a homogenous environment people still hold bigoted views. Before I met her dad she told him she was "Dating an American" and his whole demeanor changed when he saw me and said "Oh hes not really an American" despite the fact that I am. His racism caused him to not view me as an American. She found it cute, but I had to educate her that he dad was actually exhibiting racist behavior. If she had grew up in a more diverse environment she would have knew that beforehand.

Last edited by Young Kaz on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Theres a ton of other races in big cities(including Nagoya) and other areas. She just lived in an area without any. Theres a ton of racism too. She just lived in an area without other people to be racist to explicitly. Even in a homogenous environment people still hold bigoted views. Before I met her dad she told him she was "Dating an American" and his whole demeanor changed when he say me and said "Oh hes not really an American" despite the fact that I am. His racism caused him to not view me as an American. She found it cute, but I had to educate her that he dad was actually exhibiting racist behavior. If she had grew up in a more diverse environment she would have knew that beforehand.
how did you meet this girl if i might ask.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:27 am

Nishankly wrote:You're looking at local populations as a whole whereas the purpose of my argument is on tourism and whether your girl will be fine and safe in Paris (Central Paris, even if you take the train to Versailles).

She will be fine and what you say is completely different and another discussion which I have been saying while always focusing back on how you and her will be okay.

Whether you don't believe that is different and that's fine but as someone who isn't French and White and having in Paris for about 8 months and France for about 2.5 years, I have had more problems in Singapore with the Chinese than the French as an Indian immigrant.

Hell Paris is dominated by Asians, the luxury sector, tourism and shopping runs on them.

What kind of problems did you have in Singapore?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:28 am

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote: so in japan you dont get any racism because the country is pretty much all the same race. you are a japenese american that likes to tell us how the us and europe is full of racism but your real country does not have the same problems because they pretty much keep all other races at a minimum hmm

Theres a ton of other races in big cities(including Nagoya) and other areas. She just lived in an area without any. Theres a ton of racism too. She just lived in an area without other people to be racist to explicitly. Even in a homogenous environment people still hold bigoted views. Before I met her dad she told him she was "Dating an American" and his whole demeanor changed when he say me and said "Oh hes not really an American" despite the fact that I am. His racism caused him to not view me as an American. She found it cute, but I had to educate her that he dad was actually exhibiting racist behavior. If she had grew up in a more diverse environment she would have knew that beforehand.
how did you meet this girl if i might ask.

An ex coworker of mine was from the same prefecture as my family originated in so one weekend when I was working in tokyo he took the train back there with me and dragged me out to a party.

I was miserable being there with a bunch of college students. Met her with her friends while there. They had a dance competition with another school the next day which is why they were in the city. She hated the party too so we hung out together in front of a tv playing a show called atashinchi. She laughed and knocked over a bowl of potato chips. Culture dictates we go replace them so me and her left, never got the chips, and just walked through the city and talked. I gave her my jacket, brought her back to the party when her friends were leaving, and left. I went to the event they had the next day, kissed her, and went to Karaoke after that. Been official since then.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:46 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Nishankly wrote:You're looking at local populations as a whole whereas the purpose of my argument is on tourism and whether your girl will be fine and safe in Paris (Central Paris, even if you take the train to Versailles).

What kind of problems did you have in Singapore?

I'll answer that this weekend, not only using Singapore but even Europe as a comparison of all the racism I've faced as a brown person meandering through all of these places since now it has been nearly 4 years since I've left India.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Well long story short.

I moved to Singapore, feeling a global citizen after living 1.5 years in France, traveled to about 14 countries by that time in 2018, I landed in Singapore booking a hotel and then planning to find a house contacting agents on the spot. That being said, almost all of them rejected me who were Chinese agents. Some even sent me back voice mails stating their rejection. They were in Chinese, when I made my Chinese friends listen it was basically "We love killing your Hindu cows, you will not live with us". This is was more than one voice mail. I found it hilarious since I love a well cooked beef. My other white friends had the same agent offer them empty houses that I applied for and they contacted them regardless since we wanted to take it together but obviously different contracts.

Anyways, I've never let racism pull me down. Singapore was easily the worst. As mentioned before I've had problems throughout. I was pulled into an interrogation room for solo travelling in Estonia because of my color of skin. In Hungary, I was denied entry to bars and clubs since "They weren't sure". In Denmark, I was subjected to insult and almost an attack with a beer bottle by 1 individual who took about 30 seconds of time to direct abuses at me on the street while I was walking with my other (white friends). In Bratislava, Slovakia, People pointed at me and changed their footpath even though it was a long road with no houses.

France? Zero aka 0. 2.5 years and counting.

This is all fine, I don't mind a couple of people changing pavements after looking at me. I came away with amazing memories from all these places. The funniest part is that I got a house finally in Singapore in the heart of ChinaTown with Chinese landlords and they were the sweetest.

Stupid people exist, it doesn't mean its a problem. I have a problem with colonialism deniers or apologetics.

Last edited by Nishankly on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Nishankly wrote:Well long story short.

I moved to Singapore, feeling a global citizen after living 1.5 years in France, traveled to about 14 countries by that time in 2018, I landed in Singapore booking a hotel and then planning to find a house contacting agents on the spot. That being said, almost all of them rejected me who were Chinese agents. Some even sent me back voice mails stating their rejection. They were in Chinese, when I made my Chinese friends listen it was basically "We love killing your Hindu cows, you will not live with us". This is was more than one voice mail. I found it hilarious since I love a well cooked beef. My other white friends had the same agent offer them empty houses that I applied and contacted them the same agents for since we wanted to take it together but obviously different contracts.

Anyways, I've never let racism pull me down. Singapore was easily the worst. As mentioned before I've had problems throughout. I was pulled into an interrogation room for solo travelling in Estonia because of my color of skin. In Hungary, I was denied entry to bars and clubs since "They weren't sure". In Denmark, I was subjected to insult and almost an attack with a beer bottle by 1 individual who took about 30 seconds of time to direct abuses at me on the street while I was walking with my other (white friends). In Bratislava, Slovakia, People pointed at me and changed their footpath even though it was a long road with no houses.

This is all fine, I don't mind a couple of people changing pavements after looking at me. I came away with amazing memories from all these places. The funniest part is that I got a house finally in Singapore in the heart of ChinaTown with Chinese landlords and they were the sweetest.

Stupid people exist, it doesn't mean its a problem. I have a problem with colonialism deniers or apologetics.
man that is bad shit. Shocked Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:07 pm

Unique wrote:

I moved to Singapore, feeling a global citizen after living 1.5 years in France, traveled to about 14 countries by that time in 2018, I landed in Singapore booking a hotel and then planning to find a house contacting agents on the spot. That being said, almost all of them rejected me who were Chinese agents. Some even sent me back voice mails stating their rejection. They were in Chinese, when I made my Chinese friends listen it was basically "We love killing your Hindu cows, you will not live with us". This is was more than one voice mail. I found it hilarious since I love a well cooked beef. My other white friends had the same agent offer them empty houses that I applied and contacted them the same agents for since we wanted to take it together but obviously different contracts.

Its fairly normal and this isn't a brown man's problem post. This can apply for a white man in a smaller parts of Asia and Middle East or a Black man in the other parts of the world including America or Asia (Albeit, not as much for white people compared to us)

We all have problems whether bad or not. We just need to believe in humanity and globalization but never over simplify situations, that's what I stand by.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:11 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:

Its fairly normal and this isn't a brown man's problem post. This can apply for a white man in a smaller parts of Asia and Middle East or a Black man in the other parts of the world including America or Asia (Albeit, not as much for white people compared to us)

We all have problems whether bad or not. We just need to believe in humanity and globalization but never over simplify situations, that's what I stand by.
i have seen racism in england many times but i have never seen anything that bad tbh. they even sent you a voicemail insulting you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote: man that is bad shit. Shocked Shocked

i have seen racism in england many times but i have never seen anything that bad tbh. they even sent you a voicemail insulting you.

well, life is tough for everyone travelling. We suffer the stereotypes created and supported by the locals.

Never expected Singapore to have this, they have the most legitimate and equivalent government that i've ever seen. Not one government advertisement has lesser than 4 ethnicities to describe the most basic problem, not mentioning equivalent representation and then they still have this with the Chinese doing this to us Indians. It shows how Humans are flawed if anything.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

well, life is tough for everyone travelling. We suffer the stereotypes created and supported by the locals.

Never expected Singapore to have this, they have the most legitimate and equivalent government that i've ever seen. Not one government advertisement has lesser than 4 ethnicities to describe the most basic problem, not mentioning equivalent representation and then they still have this with the Chinese doing this to us Indians. It shows how Humans are flawed if anything.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:38 pm

McLewis wrote:Apparently there were 2 shootings at Shisha bars in Hanau, Germany just last night. 43-year old German citizen with xenophobic far-right leanings shot up 2 bars, killing 8 people. He then killed his mother and himself.

Unsurprisingly, the shooter was a white guy and his victims appear to have been of Middle Eastern descent.

Awful stuff.

The shooter wasn't just white, he was also a white supremacist.
Right wing terrorism is on the rise in Germany again. It's fucking depressing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next