The Racism Thread

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:00 pm

So we have established that calling white people cousin fucker is not racist but would it be classed as racist if I were to call let's say a Pakistani man a goat fucker.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 pm

@Unique wrote:So we have established that calling white people cousin fucker is not racist but would it be classed as racist if I were to call let's say a Pakistani man a goat fucker.

Yes.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:07 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:
@Unique wrote:So we have established that calling white people cousin fucker is not racist but would it be classed as racist if I were to call let's say a Pakistani man a goat fucker.

Yes.
so what's the difference.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:36 pm

If I, a black guy, call a white guy an inbred hillbilly.....I'm indicating that my race, who do not have a history incest (as far as I know anyway) is better than theirs because we do not inbreed. That's where my charge of racism comes from.

Is it racist if other whites say it? I think that angle exists alongside the same line of thought of us black folks calling each other the n-word. Internally, that's not seen as racist, but if others do it, it becomes racist. The use of "inbred" is the inverse of that logic, at least to me anyway.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:59 pm

This is a pretty abstract concept given that there is no such thing as "race" and if you discriminate you get called a "racist" regardless of whether you discriminated because of skin color, ethnic group, religion, etc. "Racism", as it is now used in daily life, is just shorthand for "discrimination against others".

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:32 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:
@Unique wrote:Come on lads admit it. We have all fucked at least one cousin Laughing Laughing

We don't all live on islands, mate.

neymar

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Also, calling a Pakistani man a goat fucker is just going by the stereotype (the whole anti-rural remark) that a man in a village would fuck a goat as no available woman is around. Same way people would watch the Longstaff boys and wonder if they are inbred by how they look.

It's disrespectful, kinda funny, hell, might even by discriminatory but racist? That's a stretch. Would it be racist to the many people that hear my accent and ask me what part of Trinidad is Jamaica? Or whenever I tell them where I am from if there are any cars, roads or the Internet? I just see the remarks as ignorance and stupidity than anything.

Then again, racism is essentially that as well. What I am trying to say, people on Islands don't go fucking their cousins Viva, you jerk!

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:26 pm

@McLewis wrote:If I, a black guy, call a white guy an inbred hillbilly.....I'm indicating that my race, who do not have a history incest (as far as I know anyway) is better than theirs because we do not inbreed. That's where my charge of racism comes from.

Is it racist if other whites say it? I think that angle exists alongside the same line of thought of us black folks calling each other the n-word. Internally, that's not seen as racist, but if others do it, it becomes racist. The use of "inbred" is the inverse of that logic, at least to me anyway.
do you and your friends do that.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:33 pm

I’ve been accused of being a nazi on the internet more than once, purely for stating that I’m from Norway in the context of someone asking where everyone is from. I’m sure there aren’t a lot of people who associate Norway or Scandinavia with nazism, but it’s still silly.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:41 pm

@Thimmy wrote:I’ve been accused of being a nazi on the internet more than once, purely for stating that I’m from Norway in the context of someone asking where everyone is from. I’m sure there aren’t a lot of people who associate Norway or Scandinavia with nazism, but it’s still silly.
did you know the giant chrismas tree that stands in the city of london every year is a gift from norway to britain for helping them fight the nazis.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:32 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:I’ve been accused of being a nazi on the internet more than once, purely for stating that I’m from Norway in the context of someone asking where everyone is from. I’m sure there aren’t a lot of people who associate Norway or Scandinavia with nazism, but it’s still silly.
did you know the giant chrismas tree that stands in the city of london every year is a gift from norway to britain for helping them fight the nazis.

Yeah, I heard about that on the news once. The majority of Norwegians probably aren’t aware of it.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Did the Norwegians and British know that christmas trees are a completely German tradition?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:50 pm

I don’t know, but something tells me that they cared about as much as I do hmm

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:01 pm

As a kid and teenager i was also called a Nazi by some school mates. Not that i am facist in any way but because i am blonde with blue eyes.

With age my beautiful blond locks are becoming darker and it sucks, and people are getting more mature too. But back then i look like a real "aryan" and those incults assumed i was also Nazi as if i choose how i look Laughing while you think of it, that was racism and i should have been offended by that Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:04 pm

@Thimmy wrote:I don’t know, but something tells me that they cared about as much as I do hmm
Thumbs up Thumbs up

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:12 pm

@Warrior wrote:As a kid and teenager i was also called a Nazi by some school mates. Not that i am facist in any way but because i am blonde with blue eyes.

With age my beautiful blond locks are becoming darker and it sucks, and people are getting more mature too. But back then i look like a real "aryan" and those incults assumed i was also Nazi as if i choose how i look Laughing while you think of it, that was racism and i should have been offended by that Laughing

You should have been flattered. They thought you were the perfect human, after all.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:16 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@Warrior wrote:As a kid and teenager i was also called a Nazi by some school mates. Not that i am facist in any way but because i am blonde with blue eyes.

You should have been flattered. They thought you were the perfect human, after all.

Who would have had the best chance of surviving the ww2 as well
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Jokes aside, yes it was racism and it's interesting that kids and teens even had n*zi in there vocabulary back then. I thought it was a current thing with the increase in internet.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:19 pm

talking about ww2 you guys are lucky im here today. the nazis tried to exterminate us with the jews. ( people thinking fucking hitler had one job to do and we are stuck with unique ) eco smile

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:19 pm

@Doc wrote:
Then again, racism is essentially that as well. What I am trying to say, people on Islands don't go fucking their cousins Viva, you jerk!

Technically speaking we all live on islands since we are surrounded by the ocean :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:20 pm

@Unique wrote:talking about ww2 you guys are lucky im here today. the nazis tried to exterminate us with the jews. ( people thinking fucking hitler had one job to do and we are stuck with unique ) eco smile

Churchill tried the same with us so that doesn't make you unique, Unique. :coffee:
not to mention y'all got 100,000 Indian soldiers killed in the ww2 because y'all had no balls to fight at the front line.

Myesyats is the true fighter here with his Polish ancestry.

Anyways enough ww2 back to the topic.

Last edited by Nishankly on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:23 pm

@Nishankly wrote:
@Unique wrote:talking about ww2 you guys are lucky im here today. the nazis tried to exterminate us with the jews. ( people thinking fucking hitler had one job to do and we are stuck with unique ) eco smile

Churchill tried the same with us so that doesn't make you unique, Unique. :coffee:

Myesyats is the true fighter here with his Polish ancestry.
french people thinking the is a topic i should avoid Laughing

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:26 pm

@Doc wrote:Also, calling a Pakistani man a goat fucker is just going by the stereotype (the whole anti-rural remark) that a man in a village would fuck a goat as no available woman is around. Same way people would watch the Longstaff boys and wonder if they are inbred by how they look.

It's disrespectful, kinda funny, hell, might even by discriminatory but racist? That's a stretch. Would it be racist to the many people that hear my accent and ask me what part of Trinidad is Jamaica? Or whenever I tell them where I am from if there are any cars, roads or the Internet? I just see the remarks as ignorance and stupidity than anything.

Agreed, its the same way the Welsh are called "Sheep Shaggers" within the UK. I am not able to use any of these phrases while its funny, it is crossing the line.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:26 pm

@Nishankly wrote:

Jokes aside, yes it was racism and it's interesting that kids and teens even had n*zi in there vocabulary back then. I thought it was a current thing with the increase in internet.

I'm quite sure by 4th grade everybody knew who the Nazis were. since i had to explain why i wear this red armband

More seriously we had various books about the WW2 in the library which every boy was trying to rent. And we It was a time where Private Ryan was still a somewhat recent film.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 pm

@Warrior wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:

I'm quite sure by 4th grade everybody knew who the Nazis were. since i had to explain why i wear this red armband

More seriously we had various books about the WW2 in the library which every boy was trying to rent. And we It was a time where Private Ryan was still a somewhat recent film.

The west is so much more liberal in terms of history. Its so amazing. We back in India learnt about the British colonization properly around the age of 15. That is way too late and the information is blatantly incomplete, civilized and neutral.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:32 pm

talking about things that have happened in history i see a lot of black people today that really take it personaly to slavery in the past like people that were not born at the time really feel it on a personal level. my people were treated just as bad by the nazis when they tried to wipe us off the face of the earth and i agree that both are equaly as bad but for some reason i dont feel it as personal not sure if that makes me a bad person or not but it feels like it was something terrible that happened to other people and not me even though it was mt people. maybe its because nobody really talks about what happened to the gypsys as much.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next