Real Madrid UCL Group Stage 2019

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Real Madrid UCL Group Stage 2019 - Page 10 Empty Re: Real Madrid UCL Group Stage 2019

Post by chad4401 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:It's just striking how Rodrygo plays football in different terms than Vinicius. He is all about his first touch (which is clean af), movements and quality play. He gets along well with Benz because they see football the same. Vinicius is a différent beast, all gamble all speed all explosiveness. They each have their merits buy this year Rodrygo is having an edge  

Cut it out Nick everyone is trying to give vini a free pass, with how he plays compared to rodrygo, vini is selfish same type of selfishness asensio and isco showed before him, he isn't gambling or any retarded reason like that.

he is just selfish and want the team to win because of him, it's obvious he is emulating cr games, just how hazard is doing now and asensio failed at, hogging ball doing fuckery all game long and wave off benzema, cause you know he is gonna take the heat if the team loses, just like against Ajax and barca play the worst and just gets away with it.

I like vini but the guy had like a handful of good games and most of his starts he has been awful, especially when media was using him to put pressure on the club for mbappe for the hundredth time, he is also very fake personality can say all the nice things and fake cry for deflect goals against osasuna, still play like a selfish little prick no matter how hard the team is trying to win, that why he isn't getting called up he isn't learning or trying to be a team player, just wanna fluke goals his whole career at the club and get praised for it.

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid UCL Group Stage 2019 - Page 10 Empty Re: Real Madrid UCL Group Stage 2019

Post by chad4401 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:01 pm

@Thimmy wrote:If by steadying, it means improving upon last season’s level of performance, then that was bound to happen sooner or later. We’ve acquired some players since then, and regardless of whether or not they’ve been great - they’re certainly a step up. Other than that, this is the weakest Barcelona team I can remember, Atletico are struggling as well, and we’ve really not looked convincing in the CL, bar this particular performance against Galatasaray.

I don’t want to sound too pessimistic, and I have no doubt that we’ll improve as our younger players get more comfortable in the team and the older ones slowly phase out, but we’ve got some way to go, still. Let’s talk about Zidane steadying the ship, once we get Pogba and Manchester United miraculously start performing more consistently with a replacement that is deemed mediocre by GL Laughing

The idea of the team winning anything in cr absence is the real reason why you feel so pessimistic about the team, or should I say benzema leading the team is reason, so now barca is weak and atletico is struggling is real Madrid problem? As usual already putting up caveats just in case the team wins so you can shit on it and if they lose you can shit on them more typical narrative controlling bs.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm gonna assume Chad mentioned Benzema, Isco and we don't know anything about football in those posts.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm pretty optimistic about the team because we went into the season without being ready... Bale and James were forced to play because we had no other option... midfield was the same... style was uncertain.

We've managed to stay basically on top of all the competitions while developing Valverde and Rodrygo, transitioning out Modric and Hazard literally being absent. We no longer need Bale or James.

Could we be better? Of course. Hazard can be much much better than he is now... so that will automatically impact our attack.

Oh and Courtois doesn't look like a pub keeper anymore.. he's making the basic saves now lol.

Steadying the ship? Yes, it is steadying. There is a direction, whether you like that direction or not is irrelevant. Last year, we had no football concept we were working toward... this year we do.

THAT SAID. Top 3 in La Liga and QF of CL is what i expect (depending on 1/8 stage draw). We're a top 8 team in Europe, not top 4 on talent alone. So expectations should be adjusted.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:29 pm

@Doc wrote:I'm gonna assume Chad mentioned Benzema, Isco and we don't know anything about football in those posts.
yes yes and yes Laughing

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:37 pm

I'll also point out that you don't want to peak in November... but February/March. While you're working things out, you want to stay competitive and we have.

I don't expect any additions over the winter mercato if anyone is wondering.

That said, on our day, i think we can beat any team out there. Not saying we're better... just saying that every team has weaknesses. No great teams out there this season.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:45 pm

@chad4401 wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:If by steadying, it means improving upon last season’s level of performance, then that was bound to happen sooner or later. We’ve acquired some players since then, and regardless of whether or not they’ve been great - they’re certainly a step up. Other than that, this is the weakest Barcelona team I can remember, Atletico are struggling as well, and we’ve really not looked convincing in the CL, bar this particular performance against Galatasaray.

I don’t want to sound too pessimistic, and I have no doubt that we’ll improve as our younger players get more comfortable in the team and the older ones slowly phase out, but we’ve got some way to go, still. Let’s talk about Zidane steadying the ship, once we get Pogba and Manchester United miraculously start performing more consistently with a replacement that is deemed mediocre by GL Laughing

The idea of the team winning anything in cr absence is the real reason why you feel so pessimistic about the team, or should I say benzema leading the team is reason, so now barca is weak and atletico is struggling is real Madrid problem? As usual already putting up caveats just in case the team wins so you can shit on it and if they lose you can shit on them more typical narrative controlling bs.

I didn't even have Benzema in mind when I wrote that post. You know probably better than anyone that his up-turn in form has been perhaps the most positive thing about Real Madrid since C. Ronaldo left. If you're referring to the part where I said phase out the veteran players, I was specifically referring to the likes of Modric, Marcelo and Ramos. Of course, you never have an agenda, and we're all just irrational and stupid Smile

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:07 pm

And it's Isco's fault.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 pm

@Thimmy wrote:If by steadying, it means improving upon last season’s level of performance, then that was bound to happen sooner or later.

We’ve acquired some players since then, and regardless of whether or not they’ve been great - they’re certainly a step up. Other than that, this is the weakest Barcelona team I can remember, Atletico are struggling as well, and we’ve really not looked convincing in the CL, bar this particular performance against Galatasaray.

But would it though. There was a point last season where it felt we needed 11 new players just to get out of a never ending funk. Before ZZ took over he said the players had lost their winning mentality (or something of that ilk). Even under him, we had the same attitude early on, remember the Rayo game. You can bet any money we don't lose 4-1 at home against Ajax with ZZ coaching us. A hard fought loss, maybe, but outclassed on the pitch and on the scoreboard never.

You have to give ZZ credit here. It's not the new players carrying us, Hazard has taken his sweet time to acclimatise, Jovic has been next to useless, Mendy has played well. Rodrygo has been excellent. ZZ has revived our core, suddenly Marcelo isn't terrible, Carvajal has found form and most importantly Kroos and Casemiro have been revived. Never happened under either Lope and Solari. Even ZZ had to work with the team for 5 months before he could shake off the Solaritis they suffered and continued to suffer early on in ZZ' return. I feel like yoi are failing to give him credit here. These guys didn't suddenly turn back to their old selves. 70% of the work was done by ZZ and the coaching team. Remember what we though when ZZ took over. We felt sorry for him for destroying his legacy fighting a losing battle. Fast forward slowly slowly we are becoming Zidane's team again. Ok, I agree he might lack something in the tactics department but he didn't win CL rolling his thumbs all training

Regarding Atleti and Barca, yes they are struggling. But that's just better for us. It lets ZZ experiment until he finds a combination that works. 4 months into the season and he has. The problem right now is that when he rotates certain players we suddenly turn really crap but soon enough even the subs will hit form, I am sure

Yes, we were underwhelming in the CL, but that was early in the season when we struggled as a whole. It didn't help that Courtois couldn't get the basic saves right. But him being average has helped the coaching staff to focus on shoring up the defence, and they have. Wr are now really solid defensively

Like Sports mentioned, once Hazard starts adding goals and Rodrygo continues his good form we will firing on a cylinders. I have no doubt in my mind that we'll beat PSG in a fortnights time and maybe that game will convince people.

So yeah in short. I am impressed with the work ZZ has done to this team. I knee he would because like i have said for so long we don't need the best tactician in the world to do well. Hopefully when Zidane has tired of being too successful he'll leave the club in good hands to Raul. He's already tapping up MBappe

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:51 pm

good win for madrid last night and up to 2nd in the lge. my plans to rename them fail madrid will now have to be put on hold ffs. Evil or Very Mad

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:29 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:If by steadying, it means improving upon last season’s level of performance, then that was bound to happen sooner or later.

But would it though. There was a point last season where it felt we needed 11 new players just to get out of a never ending funk.

Zidane deserves credit where credit is due, of course. For better or worse, Lope and Solari didn’t get enough time with the club to even matter, and on top of the lethargic core they had at their disposal, they had little else to work with other than Vinicius and.. Odriozola - neither of whom are playing at the moment.

I would bet money on us losing against Ajax with Zidane coaching us, if we had that exact team. Praise him all you want, but he’s not a miracle worker and I can’t imagine he’d be able to do anything with that team, just like he couldn’t do anything after he took over after the turn of the year last season. Ajax simply had a younger, more vibrant and far more in-form team than us. Several players let us down in that match. Take Modric, for instance. He was largely a liability then, and he still is now. Without the addition of our most recent players, we’d still be stuck with the same, restricted team who aren’t even challenged for their spot in the starting XI. I’m not convinced that Marcelo has changed his form around, for that matter. The addition of Mendy should motivate him to do so, but Marcelo needs to start showing some consistency again.

I want to write a longer response to your long post, but my Macbook has broken down and it’s a pain in the ass to write through my phone keyboard. I don’t know if we’ll beat PSG. I honestly don’t fancy our chances. The mental midget mentality in their team is well documented, but I think they are a stronger, more coherent side than us right now, and I predict that to ultimately decide the difference between us. I’m also a big fan of Tuchel as a coach. He may seem like he fits somewhere on the autism scale, but he’s undoubtedly a very talented manager. Anyway, as of right now, Zidane’s doing just fine. Like I keep saying, I’m really not worried about Zidane unless he brings in Pogba without a backup plan for him.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:01 am

I get your point but let us compare this season to last in terms of personnel:

-The revelations of this season are Valverde and Rodrygo (past couple of games)
-Mendy has provided support on that left side
-Apart from them no new player has done anything of note. Correct me if I am wrong

Last season:

-Vinicius was having a bigger impact than Rodrygo is having right now
-Brahim Diaz started playing really well when he found a coach that trusted him
-Valverde was still with the team and playing some games
-Reguillon was having arguably a better impact than Mendy

What's the difference?

Zidane recognised that we needed a new midfielder because the combination of MKC was not good enough. Hence going after Pogba like he was second coming of Jesus. So happy the club refused. Valverde has been in house since we signed him. Solari gave him chances but what fecked him up other than being a dick was going with the failed midfield 3 when it mattered hence us getting ripped apart on the counters. Zidane had one big loss and he changed it, he now uses Modric for rotation and Valverde when it matters.

The biggest difference is the performance of everyone else. They have all improved. The lot of them. Even Varane has, didn't think that was possible. Last season we started really well, then the performances of the whole team dropped and not even changing coach could get them to play better. Yes, it was starting to look bright when Vinicius was introduced but the performances of the rest was still the same. Solari couldn't motivate or help them to get their groove back.

We will likely still be losing games as we find our feet but if that means we hit the right notes when it matters i am all for it as long as we fight for it in every game. If i am not mistaken we have conceded the 2nd least goals in the league, and that with Courtois in goal, that's a welcome improvement in our most vulnerable area that has been underrated

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Brahim brought in during the january transfer window? I don’t think he was available under Solari and Lopetegui. Those two basically shared half a season until Zidane decided to return. Either way, we have some motivated players on the team now, and that certainly counts for something. Vinicius was the only player on our team who consistently provided energy and enthusiasm last season, and that allowed him to stand out in such a dramatic fashion (No, Chad/Varangel, I’m not mocking Benzema). I think I recall Solari giving up on our veterans and introducing the youth he had at his disposal towards the end of his tenure, but he was pretty much fucked from the moment he took the job. Not enough time to take risks, not enough time to drill the team into whatever philosophy he has.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:53 pm

If Courtois actually made the easy saves... we would have the best defense in the league. Off the top of my head, i count 5 preventable goals....

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:57 pm

Please stop defending Solari... he's a shitty coach.  Lopetegui, although not the best, was miles better than him.  Problem with Lope is that he wasn't pragmatic AT ALL.  You fit your style to the squad... not the other way around.

By the way...  we went defensive this season after trying to open up a bit because Carvajal and Courtois were shocking.  We needed to protect them.  Marcelo always needs protection; so that's nothing new.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Yeah there is a growing trend among the Madrid Internet Community that seems to think Solari was some sort of misunderstood manager who needed time. I disagree. He was fucking terrible and the only time he needed was time away from the role of club manager.

As for Lope, his Sevilla side is doing fine so he clearly is a decent to good manager. He just didn't work out with us.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:35 pm

I have no particular opinion about Solari. I think Lopetegui should’ve been given more time, but that doesn’t matter now. They both shared half a season and left very little impression beyond fielding the same lackluster team with a few changes here and there.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10