El Gunner
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
Firenze
McLewis
37 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

The 19/20 Europa League Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The 19/20 Europa League Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Shockingly bad atmosphere in the Emirates stadium tbh. What the f is this

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The 19/20 Europa League Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The 19/20 Europa League Thread

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Jay29 wrote:Saw United lost to Astana.

Then I saw they literally played their u23s... except Grant and Lingard.

Still, not a great look for Ole, is it?

This is a club that still believes that, and acts as if, the Europa League is beneath their level and not worthwile.
With that kind of attitude, the only way is downhill.

We did the same thing and it only helped us fall further down in terms of rebuilding, player interest and even league positions.

They're still top of their group, though hmm I suppose it is possible that they lose against Alkmaar, but if they do that, then they didn't deserve to advance from their group in the first place.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

This is a club that still believes that, and acts as if, the Europa League is beneath their level and not worthwile.

We did the same thing and it only helped us fall further down in terms of rebuilding, player interest and even league positions.

They're still top of their group, though hmm I suppose it is possible that they lose against Alkmaar, but if they do that, then they didn't deserve to advance from their group in the first place.

They're qualified already, so I guess, yeah, OKAY, a C team away thousands of miles at the last place Kazakh team is kind of acceptable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Yeah, that's what I figured. Not a good look for Ole, though. Bet he'll remember this moment when he gets sacked for incompetence Cool
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:37 pm

If he is sacked, it surely will NOT be because of this game.

Anyway, BT found a woman to be co-commenter who comes up with brilliant stuff like claiming that David Luiz has the "experience to be disciplined and keep his position", telling Xhaka to "just work hard, keep his head down and give stability to the midfield", and claiming Frankfurt, of all teams, is not used to the "pace of Arsenal running at them" lmao.
It's like the female Robbie Savage, well done.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Shockingly bad atmosphere in the Emirates stadium tbh. What the f is this

I think there is more people coming to my family Christmas lunch than are at the Emirates tonight.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Nishankly wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

err, you clowns do know that we're already through right? which is why we had no issue playing kids. we respect the europa league, we will be winning the europa league this season, even.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Frankfurt equalise Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:24 pm

Kick wrote:Frankfurt equalise Laughing

Now Frankfurt are 2 1 up Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:28 pm

These Arsenal fans simply do not deserve anything better from their team. Appalling stuff, imagine them having the nerve to complain about the players' attitude
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:These Arsenal fans simply do not deserve anything better from their team. Appalling stuff, imagine them having the nerve to complain about the players' attitude

Harsh on the fans, tbh. Most of them have seen their team go from invincibles and CL finalists to the second best team in north London in the last 15 years.

They are rightfully mad and have to send a message to the owners some how.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:41 pm

the woman commentator is much better now in the second half tbf
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 pm

you can clearly hear the about 25 Eintracht fans who managed to sneak in chanting "Auswärtssieg! Auswärtssieg" ("Away win") Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:you can clearly hear the about 25 Eintracht fans who managed to sneak in chanting "Auswärtssieg! Auswärtssieg" ("Away win") Laughing

I think that was the entire crowd, mate Wink
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:10 pm

Well, this made me happy, at least.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:00 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

GTFO. We were already qualified. And if we next match even draw with AZ at home we can top the group. It was like a 9 hour flight. Heck Kazakhstan is like near China. We already have a bare bones squad. Have to play some big games in the PL soon. So, completely justifiable what Ole did. Great to see him giving debuts to 6 academy players in a single match too.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 am

Fucking hell

Its just sad now

FUCKING ASTANA
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:06 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Well, this made me happy, at least.

Frankfurt got Kovac sacked, now they got Emery sacked.

Might be my favourite German team tbh.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:43 pm

They can meet Sevilla at some point Smile

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Amazing cup IMHO
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:08 pm

That was a pretty sketchy performance against Wolfsberger. We only just move on to the next round. Istanbul actually won the group and that after we put 7 goals total past them.

I want this team to take this comp seriously and this performance doesn't really demonstrate that. If we can get some of our injured players back, we can make a deep run in this comp. I'm not ready to say we can win it though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:36 am

More like that was a terrible performance by Roma and the worst I've seen this season dare I say.

Yes this is not to take away from a fearless Wolfsberger who have a stadium of 7k only and were dauntless in the cauldron of Olympico but goodness that midfield to defence was torn apart on the regular and by Niangbo in particular.

Roma did create much chances that were not converted, one of them by Dzeko to his pointe blank half volley to their keeper who miraculously saved it.

While the ending of the group was highly entertaining given Gladbach's highly unexpected ending and a goal separating Roma finishing top of the group or completely out, I struggle to see what was the reason for Fonseca's team to struggle as much as they did in group, not to take away from the performances of the others.

It will be interesting to see how Fonseca can have Roma perform in a two-legged tie but if the same complacency is seen as it was over this group no doubt they deserve to go through and Inzaghi's Lazio Losers were prime example of that.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:51 am

McLewis wrote:That was a pretty sketchy performance against Wolfsberger.

just to point it out quickly, you didn't play against "Wolfsberger", but against the "Wolfberger SV", ie the SV (sports club) from/of Wolfsberg. The -er ending is genitive/possesive case. So it's like saying "we played against of Wolfsberg"

Have also seen people write someone was playing against "Hamburger" before, as the club is called Hamburger SV, yet of course it means the club is from Hamburg and thus you're playing against Hamburg, or the HSV.

edit: sorry it's Wolfsberger AC, "Athletik Club" from Wolfsberg. Must admit I had not heard of this club before this season...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
McLewis wrote:That was a pretty sketchy performance against Wolfsberger.

just to point it out quickly, you didn't play against "Wolfsberger", but against the "Wolfberger SV", ie the SV (sports club) from/of Wolfsberg. The -er ending is genitive/possesive case. So it's like saying "we played against of Wolfsberg"

Have also seen people write someone was playing against "Hamburger" before, as the club is called Hamburger SV, yet of course it means the club is from Hamburg and thus you're playing against Hamburg, or the HSV.

edit: sorry it's Wolfsberger AC, "Athletik Club" from Wolfsberg. Must admit I had not heard of this club before this season...

Very useful post. Thanks Smile
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Sorry Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm

No need to apologize, bud. I'm always up for learning something new and being corrected. Especially about other languages. I took 2 years of German like 15 years ago in high school, but have forgotten nearly all of it so this was actually quite helpful.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next