Marvel Super Heroes
Golden Axe

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Nostagic Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Top 5 Nostagic Games

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:45 pm

I think i answered before in a similar thread, since nostalgia depends on current mood i might have different games now

- Crash Bandicoot
- Star Wars Kotor
- GTA San Andreas
- Mario Kart
- F Zero X

and Runescape as bonus because it was the first game that made me stay awake all night to play video games, a habit i still have til this day

and of course any Gran Turismo game, all episodes combined i played 1000+ hours
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Doc wrote:Starcraft: Broodwar
FIFA 98
X-Men Children of the Atom
Marvel Super Heroes
Golden Axe

Golden Axe is the first game I have any recollection of playing, was probably like 5
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:41 pm

WoW classic
Pokemon
Mario 64
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)
Minesweeper
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Mine is just the games that evoke the most feeling of nostalgia
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Its been 12 years since 2007 lads, holy shit even games in those era feel nostalgic
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Damn, how could I forget Pokemon Red ffs.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:13 pm

Firenze wrote:
FIFA 98
Marvel Super Heroes
Golden Axe

Golden Axe is the first game I have any recollection of playing, was probably like 5

Golden Axe and streets of rage on sega
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 pm

Kaladin wrote:WoW classic
Pokemon
Mario 64
Minesweeper

Minesweeper  rofl

what a peasant :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:42 pm

M99 wrote:Damn, how could I forget Pokemon Red ffs.

Ufff

Coming back to Pokemon, Crystal.. Before Ruby or Emerald aka the rich games where released, this game had 3 regions inside of it. unbelievable.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:43 pm

silver wrote:Pokemon Crystal
Golden Sun
Runescape
Marvel vs Street Fighter (+ variants)

Going back to really young;

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Could never get past stage 3 when I was 5 years old. Replayed it when older on emulator and didn't realize how easy it was.
Alex the Kidd - again, got stuck on last stage when young. Replayed in years later and finally finished it. Much easier when you have save slates unlike on Sega when unable to to save ever.
The Incredible Machine
Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego - I do remember this. Manly from the cartoon and song. The game is actually really really easy.

God I love emulators and being able to replay old games.

Carmen Sandiego taught me more about geography than my classes tbh
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Kick wrote:I've been playing Age of Empires 2 recently :bow:

Got it for like $10 on steam :bow:

My top 6:
Pokemon Gen 1 and 2 (Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, and Crystal)
GTA San Andreas
Age of Empires 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Racedriver Grid (Pumped for the next installment)
Need For Speed Underground

Im planning to buy one of them even though I have AOE 2, wanna go 1v1 ill rekt u
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:53 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Kaladin wrote:WoW classic
Pokemon
Mario 64
Minesweeper

Minesweeper  rofl

what a peasant :coffee:

When you're good and quick at it, it's quite a challenge
Fun to pass the time when there was no internet

That or the Pinball 3D Razz
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:31 am

Haha I was actually devastated when they removed minesweeper from Windows.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:20 am

does Assassins Creed 1 count? 2007 is already 12 years ago ffs

AC is probably my favorite game series alongside legendary titles like GTA, love it

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:44 am

I even kinda get nostalgic playing GTA 5...

That was six years ago, whenever I'm playing through the story I'm reminded of my last year of high school. GL was at its peak activity at that time too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:55 am

Myesyats wrote:does Assassins Creed 1 count? 2007 is already 12 years ago ffs

AC is probably my favorite game series alongside legendary titles like GTA, love it

I mean sure, crazy it was that long ago

fun fact: The original Assassins Creed reveal was what hyped me for next gen consoles and the reason I bought an XBOX 360 (think it was revealed in 2006)

game turned out to be a huge disappointment for me, but thankfully they salvaged it with the Ezio trilogy which was incredible.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:28 am

RealGunner wrote:
Firenze wrote:
FIFA 98
Marvel Super Heroes
Golden Axe

Golden Axe and streets of rage on sega

Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Fatal Fury, Ninja Gaiden on the NES, Turtles in Time, Frozen Throne, Double God-damn Dragon, Captain Commando, Samurai Showdown 1-4, Puzzle fucking Bubble (seriously, Puzzle fucking Bubble!). Sigh. The nostalgia with those games is almost like remembering past loved ones. Life can be beautiful in 8-16 bit.

Reason I wouldn't name Pokemon Blue and Red and the greatest sequel to a video game ever (don't you dare fucking @ me) in Gold & Silver is that I still play Pokemon, still trying to catch 'em all. Those games I honestly do not play or ever think of playing anymore. They are part of my memory that I would always love and hate at the same time because most of the games were cheap af ffs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:37 am

Puzzle Bubble seems to be something I remember as Bubble Bobble/Bust-A-Move. Me and my sister would play that for hours as kids in the late 90s/early 2000s. And funnily enough my grandparents who were in their late 50/early 60s at the time and didn't even know what videogames were really, would play them with us too and eventually bought a PS1/PS2 purely to play and they were legitimately hooked on it lol. The game was like crack and brought the entire family together ffs. Good times. Haven't thought of that game series in 20 years nearly.

Streets of Rage 4 is coming out soon with the same developers and an all star cast of composers doing the OST. Kinda hyped.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:07 am

The most nostalgic games for me is FF6, FF7, and Metal Gear Solid. All three of these games made you look at gaming much deeper and marvel at their complexity. True works of art.

Every time i hear these soundtracks, i am placed back in time remembering things so vividly.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:12 am

Not as much of a fan of FF8 and 9?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:45 am

Thimmy wrote:Not as much of a fan of FF8 and 9?

Didn't get to play 9 until many years later, because my brother scratched the first CD. It is most memorable due to freezing. I tried so many times to avoid freezing with no luck. Fantastic game no doubt.

I liked 8 but it does not resonate much for me over time. Loved the GF summoning and the card games though.

Some other nostalgic games for one reason to another, they have stained my memory.

This game was super difficult as i recall Contra: Hard Corps
Top 5 Nostagic Games - Page 3 ?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Top 5 Nostagic Games - Page 3 Adventures%20of%20Batman%20%26%20Robin%2C%20The%20%28Europe%29

Top 5 Nostagic Games - Page 3 220px-NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:53 am

One thing I really miss about the PS era Final Fantasy games, is that every iteration in the series had a distinctively different art style and atmosphere. Like you point out, 8 didn't resonate with you, since it was so different from both it's predecessor and it's successor. I miss that. I'm sure someone like Rincon, who seems to be much more fond of the post PS2 era FF games will disagree, but I never appreciated the fact that FF 10-15 have a very similar, more realistic art style and what I consider to be more streamlined character personalities. They have their pros and cons like all other games, but ultimately, they all just seemed kind of... sanitzed to me. Unlike those who really enjoyed and liked those games, I think the drop in creativity between those two generations was a deal-breaker.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am

Lol Puzzle Bobble. Next we'll be talking about Tetris.

Arcades were a bit before my time. Thank god we have consoles now.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:21 am

Thimmy wrote:One thing I really miss about the PS era Final Fantasy games, is that every iteration in the series had a distinctively different art style and atmosphere. Like you point out, 8 didn't resonate with you, since it was so different from both it's predecessor and it's successor. I miss that. I'm sure someone like Rincon, who seems to be much more fond of the post PS2 era FF games will disagree, but I never appreciated the fact that FF 10-15 have a very similar, more realistic art style and what I consider to be more streamlined character personalities. They have their pros and cons like all other games, but ultimately, they all just seemed kind of... sanitzed to me. Unlike those who really enjoyed and liked those games, I think the drop in creativity between those two generations was a deal-breaker.

I am much more critical of PS2 FF, and FF12 is an abomination. If you have played it, and recall the bazaar system. Where to create some of the best weapons in the game you had to collect a bunch of items. And most time to do so, you had to melt bunch of items to another then on another. Very time consuming already, but what made it even more time consuming is that some enemies that dropped these items were super rare to appear in their zone. And these enemies didn't not drop the item you wanted many times, in fact that was rare itself. So imagine how frustrating it was going into a zone, where enemy to appear 5% and in that percentage the enemy to drop the item would be 2%, and some time you needed multiple of these items. Their Hunt/mark quests were also dreadful, kill a bunch of monsters with little to no context.

This is basically how modern RPG are, grindy to the point of insanity. They tell you do a lot of chores with little context. This is the same templet for popular RPG such as Elder scroll series, Fallout, Witcher, etc. These games are not fun, where most time you mistake your addiction to complete these quests as pleasure but they are far from that.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:23 am

Blue wrote:
Thimmy wrote:One thing I really miss about the PS era Final Fantasy games, is that every iteration in the series had a distinctively different art style and atmosphere. Like you point out, 8 didn't resonate with you, since it was so different from both it's predecessor and it's successor. I miss that. I'm sure someone like Rincon, who seems to be much more fond of the post PS2 era FF games will disagree, but I never appreciated the fact that FF 10-15 have a very similar, more realistic art style and what I consider to be more streamlined character personalities. They have their pros and cons like all other games, but ultimately, they all just seemed kind of... sanitzed to me. Unlike those who really enjoyed and liked those games, I think the drop in creativity between those two generations was a deal-breaker.

I am much more critical of PS2 FF, and FF12 is an abomination. If you have played it, and recall the bazaar system. Where to create some of the best weapons in the game you had to collect a bunch of items. And most time to do so, you had to melt bunch of items to another then on another. Very time consuming already, but what made it even more time consuming is that some enemies that dropped these items were super rare to appear in their zone. And these enemies didn't not drop the item you wanted many times, in fact that was rare itself. So imagine how frustrating it was going into a zone, where enemy to appear 5% and in that percentage the enemy to drop the item would be 2%, and some time you needed multiple of these items. Their Hunt/mark quests were also dreadful, kill a bunch of monsters with little to no context.

I remember the Bazaar system. I spent some time farming for rare items for certain weapons, but I eventually gave up without crafting anything. It just wasn't fun. At some point in that game, I decided to just rush through to the end, because I really wasn't enjoying it. I ended up doing the same thing with FF13. I really disliked the main character in 12, and pretty much everything else just seemed stale and uninspired to me.

Rincon seemed to be a big fan of it, though. I recall him talking about being excited for the remastered version, a few years back. I've also noticed that a few people on the internet seem to really like FF 12, which makes me wonder if I missed something important, or if I'm just hard to please Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next