futbol_bill
halamadrid2
Perucho21
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sales tracker: Spanish clean out - Page 5 Empty Re: Sales tracker: Spanish clean out

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:53 pm

Who Zidane starts in preseason will tell us who he'll count on this season 100% unless they decide to leave themselves

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Sales tracker: Spanish clean out - Page 5 Empty Re: Sales tracker: Spanish clean out

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:10 pm

According to Marca's director, RM are accelerating the transfers out

Vallejo >>> loan to Wolverhampton
Ceballos >>> loan to Arsenal
James: Mendes travelling to Napoli to negotiate the transfer
Mariano: club wants him out for 25-30 mil
Bale:...

With James and Mariano we could make about 70 mil in transfers
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:57 pm

So adding Pogba is going to make up for not having Ceballos, James, Kovacic, & Llorente?

Have we been linked to any other midfielder in addition to the Erikson/Pogba rumors?

lol where's the depth
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:18 pm

So many of those players are redundant / play the same roles. If you list the 23-25 first team players, the picture is clearer.

Pogba will become a starter which means Modric/Kroos become depth, that's how it works. There have been some speculation that we might add another midfielder as well, since we don't have another DM.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:So many of those players are redundant / play the same roles. If you list the 23-25 first team players, the picture is clearer.

Pogba will become a starter which means Modric/Kroos become depth, that's how it works. There have been some speculation that we might add another midfielder as well, since we don't have another DM.

If only it were that simple. I have my doubts especially when it boils down to crunch time with suspensions/injuries.

I guess we'll see once this season actually gets underway.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:49 pm

If Pogba comes we have 6 midfielders:

Kroos, Modric, Pogba, Casemiro, Valverde and Isco.

This lineup will obviously have to have some rotation and will largely depend upon configuration used. It sure looks like Zidane either plans to play without a DM (Casemiro) at times and if a replacement is needed Kroos or Valverde would be slotted into that role.

The loss of Asensio may possibly complicate this if Isco is used as RAM.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Official - Ceballos gone to Arsenal on a one year loan. Arsenal will pay his salary and DO NOT have an option to buy at end of loan.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Experience has shown Isco is not great playing deep in midfield, he needs to be closer to goal. And he will not be used as a RAM he is not good in that role, that was tried and tested without success under Benitez.

I don't know what's the value of Valverde, I would prefer having a real holding/defensive mid that can replace Casemiro without us fearing it would be a disaster. No one in the squad can give that reassurance today.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Experience has shown Isco is not great playing deep in midfield, he needs to be closer to goal. And he will not be used as a RAM he is not good in that role, that was tried and tested without success under Benitez.

I don't know what's the value of Valverde, I would prefer having a real holding/defensive mid that can replace Casemiro without us fearing it would be a disaster. No one in the squad can give that reassurance today.

Nick, I’m just stating the options that will be available! Isco is definitely at this point remaining. For a large part of his time here, he was inserted into lineup in place of Bale, who was RW. Whether he plays on the right or not, it definitely was as an AM in front of Modric or it was in place of Modric.

I don’t understand your post nor argument (unless it is for the sole purpose of disputing anything I put up). I was just stating facts, we have only 5 midfielders now and if Pogba comes it will be 6. There have not been any indications of any other midfielder coming.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:01 pm

Pogba is coming.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:15 pm

Say something less obvious sports, where is the right winger? Back up DM?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:32 pm

We could always buy Robert Skov imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:37 pm

Is he the Danish version of Lucas Vasquez?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Is he the Danish version of Lucas Vasquez?

If Vazquez scored 30 goals in a season sure hmm

He's kind of like a wing version of Juninho.

The Danish Lucas Vazquez is Yussuf Poulsen.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Say something less obvious sports, where is the right winger? Back up DM?

I have a feeling that Vini is the right winger.   Rodrygo and Isco can back him up.  Or we may go to a 442 with two CFs.

As far as a backup DM...  we may not have the budget for one. There's some rumor that Modric will be sold so there is that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:08 am

I expect Modric to move on once we sign Pogba so there is that. But don't expect big bucks from that sale.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:54 am

Julian Weigl is available for 30 mil
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:58 am

Weigl is not that type of DM that can cover the pitch Sports. There are names out there from youngsters like brahima Sangaré to older guys Witsel, but for the role and given that we just gave Llorente away, it needs to be an experienced guy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:19 am

Sanagre is a good shout.. Should check out Diadie Samassékou. Defensive MONSTER. Marc Roca would be fine. Sander Berge.

The move I could see working out really well is Santiago Cáseres: 3.5 defensive actions per match. Probably has a reasonable buyout clause. Only problem is the non-EU thing.

Honestly I don't care who we get as long as we get someone to cover Casemiro

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:47 am

We don't need another midfielder, guys.

We've already got Jaime Seoane
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:15 am

Freeza wrote:We don't need another midfielder, guys.

We've already got Jaime Seoane

I don't know what's worse: Us pouring all of our resources and expectations into someone like Pogba, who's blessed with great talent, but rarely justifies it with his performances and is a morale killer as soon as things look hairy, or being left with someone like Seoane, who doesn't appear to have any more talent than someone who plays for my local club. We still need a right wing and more depth, as always. Mendy's out for a couple of weeks now, as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:05 am

Zizou wants Pogba and no one else. No one. Not a single other midfielder or RW out here. Just Pogba.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:52 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I used statistics, you ranted using no facts and my logic is flawed. Okay. With your superior logic explain to me how Fede is better than Ceballos considering they have the same defensive output while Ceballos has a better offensive output in the same league during the same timeframe. And I’d like to hear some facts instead of the usual love story.

If I’m honest, they are both not good enough for RM, which is why Ceballos is going on loan to Arsenal, and Fede will sit the bench.

By the way I’d love for you to show me a player who looks like an “Elite” player statistically in a top league but is actually a nobody. Maybe you don’t know how modern football statistics work?
Ladies and gentleman, VanDeez, the toxic poster with no sense of humor or logic.

@Bill, please. Do you even know which foot Ceballos kicks the ball with?

Last edited by The Madrid One on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:40 pm

And all you have are insults because you can’t come up with a single reply that has logic or facts. Good for you.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Does this forum have any moderation?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:49 pm

*Sigh,* i'll be more "civil" and just say that it does not seem you can be reasoned with. Seek professional help.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next