Mr Nick09
Kaladin
45 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba - The resurgence  - Page 4 Empty Re: Paul Pogba - The resurgence

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:24 pm

I can’t wait to see reactions of both Sports and Nick!    affraid

Reports are out today that not only have Real backed off pursuing Pogba, after Man U rejected latest offer, which included Ceballos and Bale, they have also lost interest, if there ever was any, in Neymar, after PSG put up a price tag of 300M.

Expect a pursuit now for Ndombele!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:35 pm

I am baffled at the disrespect Eriksen gets whilst Pogba is as highly touted as he remains here.

Eriksen is head and shoulders a better player than the Frenchman.

Technically, tactically and will flourish in a needed bigger team who will not use him for traits he does not work in.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:45 pm

No one is denying the talent Eriksen has. He is a fantastic player. No doubt about it. But he is the opposite of what the club needs. Honestly its frustrating to see that you guys complained how lethargic and unathletic our midfield has been this season, and believe Eriksen is the answer to that problem when he would only increase that problem.

Eriksen is another AM that we will try to convert to a CM. Something we have (foolishly) tryto do to every AM we purchase. (Isco, James, Ceballos are examples) Kroos and Modric might have bought success but their lack of athletic qualities (kroos) and aging (modric) has caused a lot of midfield problems. Are you guys seriously telling me that you see a midfield of Kroos and Eriksen running vertically to attack AND defend the flanks when the fullbacks push up? Casemiro cannot do all the dirty work you know.

Zidane did not come back just for the board to sign another AM with a 50/50 chance that he either flops at CM or becomes another Modric. I believe that's why he wants Pogba. He has played that role before and with a better team, a better coach and better management than what he has at United would certainly do him well. You guys are making it seem that Pogba should be leading United to back to back CLs. Lmao. Not with that team hes surrounded with and the pisspoor management. No offense.

If not Pogba, then Nbombele. But please no more AMs
I'm tired of purchasing AMs that we have to convert to CM. Why not just buy a proper center midfielder for once? If we had not extended Kroos and sold him.and Modric, then yes by all means bring in Eriksen along with Pogba/Ndombele. Since that's not happening let's stick with signing a proper CM
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:51 pm

I prefer Ndombele Bill... I stated that very early on and a couple of times.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:I prefer Ndombele Bill... I stated that very early on and a couple of times.

Ndombele would be such the perfect fit for us. I mean, no one would be as good as prime Modric for us in a good while but I really hope the club focuses on him if Paul doesn't come through (which is more than likely).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:I prefer Ndombele Bill... I stated that very early on and a couple of times.

Lol, you have the nerve to post this after the numerous posts about Pogba!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Real Madrid now out of the race to sign Paul Pogba, the Spanish club think they can't get past FFP restrictions to make this deal happen. [Marca]
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:27 pm

FFP in 2019 rofl

Nick pls respond
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:51 pm

there is no such article on the madrid page of marca. not to mention, planning to sign all the guys they signed, just to get here for pogba and to be afraid of FFP is highly stupid. Only numpties would believe headlines like that. FFP is irrelevant

edit: the only new article today rom their best RM writer is here below. just saying that they want pogba to force the issue about his transfer out since United are being stubborn. nothing about financial fairplay

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/06/22/5d0cb979ca47414e7a8b45ee.html

FFP in 2019 rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:56 pm

So essentially, Madrid can't afford Pogba one way or the other. Good, let's move the fk on. Other players out there ffs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:00 pm

they can afford pogba, United are just not budging from their "we are not selling position". the next step is Pogba returning to man yoo after his promotional tour to help force the issue. Just a matter of time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:16 pm

i don’t which one is worst,

Sports with his insistence that Pogba is best CM in world and solution to all our problems or

Nick saying Flo will buy Pogba, Neymar plus a RW regardless of costs! Then he calls us numpties for reading a contrary opinion.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Force the issue, lmao. Seriously, how is Paul gonna force Utd? Is he gonna go on a strike like Dembele? Gonna sabotage his own team by playing poorly? Gonna be like "I want to leave but I have considerable time on my contract. Still, let me leave"? We rightfully make fun of Utd but Pogba has little to work with when it comes to forcing anything.

I already made up my own mind, Paul is gonna be a Utd player next season. I reckon you should do the same.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:36 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

Nick saying Flo will buy Pogba, Neymar plus a RW regardless of costs! Then he calls us numpties for reading a contrary opinion.
you are a Numpty to @me with fake statements, never said anything remotely close.

Now shut the fck up and never @me again with lies

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Doc wrote:Force the issue, lmao. Seriously, how is Paul gonna force Utd? Is he gonna go on a strike like Dembele? Gonna sabotage his own team by playing poorly? Gonna be like "I want to leave but I have considerable time on my contract. Still, let me leave"? We rightfully make fun of Utd but Pogba has little to work with when it comes to forcing anything.

I already made up my own mind, Paul is gonna be a Utd player next season. I reckon you should do the same.
transfer request, I guess making it clear he wants to go. Forcing the issue would be literally for him to say that he wants to leave

I want Zidane to have what he wants
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 pm

A club can reject a transfer request and the player is still legally bound by contract to report to training and games. And better be on time too. Pogba has little to force anything. He doesn't even have the English media on his side ffs.

You and Zizou need to let it go, he is gonna be a Utd player for the foreseeable future.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:43 pm

If Pogba or any other player is going to force an issue the buying club need to show concrete interest where they wont back out despite a huge asking price

Our negotiations for Hazard took months. We haven't even started negotiating for Pogba

Pogba is well within his rights to wait it out. I saw reports that he made his desire known privately to Juve that he wanted to join them. You don't want to burn your bridge with your current club if you're not sure you are going to leave
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:47 pm

Yeah of course Pogba can ask united to let him go and they still don't. He has a contract. But when we get to that point and united are still not budging, then the club will move on.

My point is simply to say that we will exhaust all avenues to make that deal happen because he is that important to Zidane.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:50 pm

I really rather us just move on to other attainable targets that would be just as good for us than having to deal with a club that does not want to sell and does not need to sell.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:53 pm

My opinion is that we should have gone for both Ndombele and pogba.

Ndombele first because he is on the market, and we can reach a deal with Lyon much more easily, then we see if Pogba is obtainable
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 am

Get Pogba and Suso and Madrid will be eating next season
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:52 am

Paul Pogba - The resurgence  - Page 4 D9LiBq2WsAAFzBb

Obviously one of the worst players on man u :whistle:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:54 am

Opta forgot most walking distance too lol. He's gonna have a lovely season at Utd, could sense it.

Or not, doesn't matter to us Madrid fans.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:01 am

Yeah... let's ignore the actual impact stats and focus on "walking". Very important. Messi should get flogged for it. As does CR. They were the leaders in "walking" of their respective teams, which is why i bring it up.

One of the stupidest stats I've ever heard. Reminds me of measuring GK quality based on his ball skills.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:04 am

Messi is not a CM, he can "afford" to walk. Also, it's Lionel fking Messi. When Paul reaches that level of legendary where he is above questioning, sure. Till then, he gets the walking distance stat. As for his criticism, there is a middle ground to all this to which Utd fans seem to have a difficult time in finding.

Also, why you even taking on DoC? Paul was head and shoulders Utd's best performing player. Thimmy I think, in his quiet moments of the day not asking his little brother to leave Madrid, knows Paul was Utd's best performing player. I mean, do we need to bring whoscored in this lol?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:29 am

You don't need my opinion to see that he was Man United's best performing player, purely based on statistics. He's not injury prone, and he's the main orchestrator and penalty taker on the team.  I can't explain what motivates Pogba to try and perform well, other than him being in a good mood. Sports mentioned him being dependent on a leader character to some extent, and that honestly makes sense to me, based on how I've seen him perform when no one and no thing has been there to motivate him. Sports also drew comparisons to Messi and Ronaldo. Well, those two are not only exceptional talents, but they know how to motivate themselves to convert their talent into results on a very consistent basis. They're not exempt from criticism when they don't put in the effort, but at least they do put in the effort often enough to make it difficult to argue against how indispensible they truly are. I don't think it's been mentioned often enough how much of an expert in self-motivation C. Ronaldo is. He might be a narcissist, for all I know, but it definitely works for him. CR7 and M10's qualities are more than just their goals and assists, but more importantly, their ability to decide matches based on talent and effort = sustained performance level. Yes, some degree of effort is necessary, even if you have more talent than you know what to do with.

Pogba can walk around and throw his arms in the air for 80 minutes, bag two assists from attacking build ups that he only put the finishing touches on, and Sports would argue that he was man of the match, although he didn't actually watch the match. There's a certain Barca fan who likes to use such statistics to back up every and all of his claims, and I thought it was common knowledge by now that statistics don't tell you the whole story. As much as people like to think that Man United are pure shit across the board, Pogba has benefited massively from the effort of others on the team. He can be a difference maker, that's his greatest strength, but I'm underwhelmed by how often he makes a difference - stat king or not, world cup winner or not, Juventus prodigy or not, french or not, Sport's sponsor or not.

It's not like I have an agenda against him. I would be absolutely ecstatic if he had a work rate and professional attitude that I could approve of. He's a rare breed of both physical and technical talent, but his frustrating lack of consistency and skewed talent to performance ratio at club level leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I don't think he's a reliable performer. I would, of course take his low effort assists and penalty goals over no assists and no goals, but I largely interpret that as an indication of his individual statistics being flattered by the performance of the team.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next