rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
M99 wrote:Disagree on Euron. And I'm not in the minority either, he's a fan favorite. Even the actor came out and said he wished he was like the book Euron.

Sand Snakes, yes they totally come off as anime characters but the little we saw of them they are much better than their show counterparts. At least their dialogue was not shitty. Besides they were really not main chars, it was Arianne and Doran. Writers decided to scrap one character and totally change the other.

Euron in the books is basically a comic book villain, evil magical pirate guy with an eye patch lol. Sure that‘s still better than what we got in the show but not much better.

The reason why the last two books suck is because GRRM introduced these characters and wanted to expand the world instead of trying to come to a conclusion. Not sure how GRRM thought it would be great writing to kill Tywin, Catelyn, Robb, Joffrey, The Hound etc in ASOS, only to replace them with these over the top characters who don‘t fit this story.

Yeah exactly. There was anything deep about him, there were certainly mysterious things about him but nothing to suggest that he will turn into a GOAT character like some people here act. Might be biased as I hated the Iron Islands subplot (THREE new POVS George! Come one, show some discipline!), which people either generally hated or found good for comic relief, but no one really liked.

The actor wishing we got Book Euron doesn't make Book Euron good, just better than the show, which ain't much.

https://thehawke.github.io/twow-excerpts/chapters/forsaken.html

This chapter sold me on Euron. He is terrifying. Far more than Ramsay even.

Fascinating, intelligent and absolutely unhinged. I can't wait to see more of him.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 22, 2019 12:36 am

That's not even published though Laughing

Like I said, he might turn good, but so far he's been meh
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri May 24, 2019 10:20 am

Why didn't they wait until the books were released to finish the series?

What happened to Azor Ahai, weren't we waiting for his return.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 24, 2019 10:24 am

Vibe wrote:Why didn't they wait until the books were released to finish the series?

What happened to Azor Ahai, weren't we waiting for his return.

Because the books are never getting released most likely
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri May 24, 2019 10:31 am

I just read recently that GRRM is releasing them by 2020.

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 26, 2019 3:18 am

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFefgQ61Vjg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:53 pm

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/12/game-of-thrones-prequel-targaryens/

Dance Of Dragons prequel series nearing pilot order.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 pm

32 Emmy nominations for Season 8 Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:53 pm

A massively hyped Game of Thrones prequel series is not moving forward.

HBO has scrapped plans for a prequel from showrunner Jane Goldman that starred Naomi Watts and took place thousands of years before the original series. The network shot a full pilot episode in Northern Ireland earlier this year and has elected not to pick up the series. EW learned of the plan to scrap the pilot weeks ago but HBO wasn’t confirming the news, which broke at another outlet Tuesday.

A second GoT prequel project focusing on the Targaryen Civil War, however, is still in the works. The project hasn’t officially received a pilot order, but with this news an order seems more likely.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/29/game-of-thrones-prequel-2/
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:42 pm

That one sounded weird to me, wouldn't have been a success considering that most of the big families weren't even created that far back. No dragons either.

The Dance of Dragons (or the Targaryen Civil War) on the other hand has the politics that GoT had, all the big families were involved (aside from maybe the Tyrells, but that can be retconned), a great amount of dragons, crazy, badass people.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:29 pm

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/30/house-of-the-dragon-thrones/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:02 am

I miss this show, i miss coming on here to discuss, i miss changing avatars for GoT seasons. I miss the suspense, i feel like we all grew up with the show

Don't think we'll ever have something that can replicate GoT
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:05 am

meh don't even think about it anymore after how they ended it
we had fun times though, for sure... recently saw a poster with the three-eyed raven for season 4 on my old phone and the nostalgia was REAL
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 am

Kaladin wrote:I miss this show, i miss coming on here to discuss, i miss changing avatars for GoT seasons. I miss the suspense, i feel like we all grew up with the show

Don't think we'll ever have something that can replicate GoT

Same man. Had an incredible run of 10 years with this.

Doubt anything will replicate it either.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:33 pm

<----- bend the knee
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 pm

It was like eating an amazing pizza and thinking that it is the best pizza of our life and nothing can beat this experience ever and when you reach at the last last piece you discover there is an enormous half cockroach embedded in the cheese. And only thing worse than finding a cockroach in your food is finding a half cockroach.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Season 8 killed my love for this show. But yeah like EG said thinking back to season 4, funtimes.

House Of The Dragon next year lads.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:46 pm

The last 2 seasons were so poorly written from the fan service to the deus-ex machina to Khaleesi being the worst written character on TV I could not care less about the future of this series.

The contrast between how it was to how to became is staggering.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:54 pm

HBO butchered the show tbh, despite the recent contract with GRRM i no more have any confidence in them to produce decent spin-offs.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Worst thing about the final season is that they completely ruined the rewatchability of it . But at the end of the day, I don't really blame HBO or the showrunners nearly as much as GRRM . He had 8 years to publish his last 2 books , he didn't even finish 1
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:07 pm

can't rush an artist and his artistic integrity :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Worst thing about the final season is that they completely ruined the rewatchability of it . But at the end of the day, I don't really blame HBO or the showrunners nearly as much as GRRM . He had 8 years to publish his last 2 books , he didn't even finish 1

We have over a year of lockdown and he has not written a single new page believe it or not. Not a single page.

Forget about the book. He has lost interest and he doesn't care. He has several other projects he is actively a part of and enjoys doing.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Several times i wanted to start watching this series but i felt i should read the books before. After a decade or so i've still not read them Laughing in long-term vacations now i am tempted to watch the show... everyone here seems to agree its greatness
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:44 pm

M99 wrote:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/30/house-of-the-dragon-thrones/
Is this about aegon conquest?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:21 am

Could be about the dance of dragons ,probably more interesting than the conquest
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next