Inter and Milan want to demolish San Siro for a new stadium

+2
Arquitecto
Robespierre
6 posters

Go down

Inter and Milan want to demolish San Siro for a new stadium Empty Inter and Milan want to demolish San Siro for a new stadium

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:26 pm

Inter CEO Alessandro Antonello has claimed that it is the right time to move forward with plans for a new San Siro.

Inter and Milan have been working on a new stadium to replace San Siro, and Antonello confirmed the city rivals were putting the final touches to their vision for the venue.

“We’ve been working on this project with Milan and we believe that a stadium we both own would be crucial for our growth,” he told Sky Sport Italia

“Inter and Milan have been working on the San Siro project for several months now. We still have work to do, but the time is ripe.

“Soon we’ll inform the city council of what choice the two clubs have made. The city of Milan needs a stadium on par with those of the biggest cities in Europe.

So the Iconic stadium to be torn down and rebuilt.

A new “modern” stadium is expected to be completed by 2023. It is reportedly going to cost around €600 million to complete and be located approximately 100 meters from the current San Siro location.

According to La Repubblica, the new facility will have capacity for a little more than 60,000 and will include new sports and recreational facilities as well as shopping centers.

Both Inter Milan and AC Milan are expected to contribute a large portion of the construction costs while the stadium naming rights will reportedly generate an additional €25 million per year in revenue

#NOT IN MY NAME
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Inter and Milan want to demolish San Siro for a new stadium Empty Re: Inter and Milan want to demolish San Siro for a new stadium

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Is this even worth posting?

Consiglio Comunale for Milan are not letting go of the San Siro and these plans per say have been going on for years if not over five.

They just see no reason to bar their own bureaucratic profit and political frontage and I've lost all thought of how a new stadio or project will be made. Call it cynical but you will see my point.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Inter and Milan want to demolish San Siro for a new stadium Empty Re: Inter and Milan want to demolish San Siro for a new stadium

Post by Doc Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:24 pm

Not possible for either club to build their own stadium?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:14 pm

I'll believe it once its been constructed.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:23 pm

RIP YNWA
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:26 pm

So they're going to spend 600m building a new stadium with the same capacity? scratch

Would love to see what kind of analysis they did on that
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Is this even worth posting?

Consiglio Comunale for Milan are not letting go of the San Siro and these plans per say have been going on for years if not over five.

They just see no reason to bar their own bureaucratic profit and political frontage and I've lost all thought of how a new stadio or project will be made. Call it cynical but you will see my point.

It's trend topic in Italy  (surely the NT break helps on it) so I expected to read it here too TBH
It's not totally  crap , I mean two clubs talk about it, Milan mayor confirms it
Then I'd think same such as Kaladin too but Sincerely ? I find even surprising and relevant that the two managements  talk about "demolition" of San Siro as if it is not a deplorable thing. Best stadium of the world for me.
Ok breaking down City halls, churches but San Siro no , San Siro is really a holy place.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Robes I do not directly disagree with you and I admire your optimism here but let it be known these same variations of San Siro (similar to Stadio della Roma) have been going on as I am more with ES when we had the whole Milan plan and visual formulated (2015? I think) with the non-stop talker but total flop that was Barbara Berlusconi and after that dissolved only cynicism will be seen until actual action happens and not just club directors speaking with the City council because I am sure you know as well as I do if not more how stubborn the Consiglio Comunale of Milano is and will further to remain given their interests of how the San Siro brings them money.

Between you and I, I want Milan to remain in San Siro with Inter building their own hopefully laughable stadio with Milan revamping San Siro akin to what Real Madrid did with the Bernabeu in 2001.

It is too historical of a stadium and remains amongst the best in the world to replicate and quite frankly the plans for the new stadium from both sides have not been anywhere near groundbreaking enough to entice me personally for the opposite choice. Usually just the 'we want to build a Premier League like stadium with focus on acoustics and a lovely shopping gallery'.

If it wasn't international break quite frankly this wouldn't have gotten your attention I bet Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Robespierre wrote:but Sincerely ? I find even surprising and relevant that the two managements  talk about "demolition" of San Siro as if it is not a deplorable thing. Best stadium of the world for me.
Ok breaking down City halls, churches but San Siro no , San Siro is really a holy place.

Inter is owned by the chinese and Milan by a hedge fund. Idk why you're surprised they don't respect the history
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Robes I do not directly disagree with you and I admire your optimism here but let it be known these same variations of San Siro (similar to Stadio della Roma) have been going on as I am more with ES when we had the whole Milan plan and visual formulated (2015? I think) with the non-stop talker but total flop that was Barbara Berlusconi and after that dissolved only cynicism will be seen until actual action happens and not just club directors speaking with the City council because I am sure you know as well as I do if not more how stubborn the Consiglio Comunale of Milano is and will further to remain given their interests of how the San Siro brings them money.

Between you and I, I want Milan to remain in San Siro with Inter building their own hopefully laughable stadio with Milan revamping San Siro akin to what Real Madrid did with the Bernabeu in 2001.

It is too historical of a stadium and remains amongst the best in the world to replicate and quite frankly the plans for the new stadium from both sides have not been anywhere near groundbreaking enough to entice me personally for the opposite choice. Usually just the 'we want to build a Premier League like stadium with focus on acoustics and a lovely shopping gallery'.

If it wasn't international break quite frankly this wouldn't have gotten your attention I bet Laughing

It is my same desire, but at opposite Laughing
In fact I liked  so much that idea of Inter to stay on San Siro while Milan would have built new stadium (as old rumours under Barbara Berlusconi. I remember even a thread was opened on GL ) but unfortunately it was a fraud thing

Modern stadiums are all the same in my eyes, zero identity. At same time San Siro is iconic.

I don't even care about revenues and other things, I haven't the obsession of the victory.

I mean Juve made a deal with new stadium also because Delle Alpi was an awful stadium, basically you watched ants in place of players in certain points ( terrible view ) but San Siro...

Anyway at the beginning I didn't even care about the matter, but it's became trend topic here so I got inside on it.

Perhaps I should thank Italian burecracy for once if I feel still safe about " no demolition" ... Because the intentions are true indeed

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Robespierre wrote:but Sincerely ? I find even surprising and relevant that the two managements  talk about "demolition" of San Siro as if it is not a deplorable thing. Best stadium of the world for me.

Inter is owned by the chinese and Milan by a hedge fund. Idk why you're surprised they don't respect the history

I could expect it , but not that much
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down