Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today.

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 5 Empty Re: Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today.

Post by jibers on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 am

@FennecFox7 wrote:I just hate it when i see stuff like “CR was trash while mbappe led his country to a WC” or “CR is a legendary player don’t compare that pleb to mbappe”

Like why do you have to put down a player to praise another?

I’d like to make some clarifications though, if we are talking about the same age (20)
CR is a better dribbler then Mbappe.
Mbappe and CR are about on par speed wise
Mbappe has the better decision making and footballing brain.
CR has more creativity and magic
Mbappe is more lethal in front of goal

Giggity Proud

I agree with everything except speed. Mbappe is faster than Ronaldo ever was. He's arguably the fastes player I've ever seen bar maybe Aubameyang.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 5 Empty Re: Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today.

Post by Arquitecto on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:34 am

Mbappe is a generational talent and one cannot doubt that despite his obvious limits but comparing him to CR7 is a joke considering CR even at that age was better and has gone on to be a Top 3 all-time great if not the greatest. Mbappe definitely has developed earlier similar to Fabregas who peaked early per say but Neymar is a better comparison of levels for Mbappe.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:44 am

@Arquitecto wrote:Mbappe is a generational talent and one cannot doubt that despite his obvious limits but comparing him to CR7 is a joke considering CR even at that age was better and has gone on to be a Top 3 all-time great if not the greatest. Mbappe definitely has developed earlier similar to Fabregas who peaked early per say but Neymar is a better comparison of levels for Mbappe.

Arq ffs Proud

Arq, Mbappe is way ahead of Ronaldo at the same age. there really is no comparison. In fact the fans and his teammates were fed up with him because of his playing style and his pointless dribbling and diving. Mbappe has already torn the Cl up at age 18, won a WC and finished in top 6 in two consecutive years in the Ballon Dor and Fifas best awards as well as being in top 10 for UEFA best player in Europe in 2 of the last 3 seasons. This is all before he was 21.

Ronaldo was a frustrating player at the same age and his end product and big game performances can't even be compared. As Giggity said, Ronaldo had better ball handling but his decsion making was frustrating.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:44 am

Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 5 T0eqxTb

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 am

@jibers wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:
@jibers wrote:

If France had Mbappe in Euro final in 16 they would have smashed Portugal. Meanwhile Ronaldo was 19 in Euro 04 and flopped in the Euro final against GREECE. Internationally and club level, the difference is night and day.

If PSG had Mbappe, they wouldn’t have lost 1-3 to Man United’s Chuck E Cheese division. Oh wait, Mbappe played that entire match Proud

I don’t care much for this argument, but you’ve had a clear bias against C. Ronaldo for over a decade now. At least, bring back the humor. You know, the Ronaldo fighting against gravity thing you did before, or something like that. Your «Ronaldo is overrated and sucks» narrative is getting quite stale, in my humble opinion.

What are you on about? Agenda against Ronaldo? Gravity thing? What?

Couldn't care less about Ronaldo or Messi for that matter. Never said Ronaldo was ovverated. In fact, I compared Mbappe now to Ronaldo at the same age, that is it. Ronaldo is one of the greatest players of all time and one of the best forwards.

Where was Ronaldo when we finished bottom of a cl group in 05/06 that contained Villareal, Lille and Benfica?  

Aren’t you the guy who did the «whooa, I’m attacked by gravity»- thing on the old, Lithium forums? Maybe I’m getting you mixed up with someone else who likes to write walls of text about Ronaldo and Man United, despite not caring about either of them. In fact, the first thing I think of when I see your name is Cristiano Ronaldo, similarly to how Harmonica reminds me of Messi hmm

@farfan wrote:There is nothing spot on or rational about baselessly predicting an unusually bleak/stagnating trajectory for the most precocious talent in world football. Laughing

You're all being danyjr right now, hating on a player simply because you're annoyed by the hype.

Well, you’re referring to one particular individual. He’s spot on in stating that, a player who looks bright at an early age, might just be an early peaker who doesn’t necessarily get much better with age. I’ve made the same argument on here several times in the past, but a lot of people still seem to assume that someone who stands out at an early age, definitely has some kind of potential advantage over players who peaked closer to the norm.

I don’t see the rationality in making such assumptions and reacting accordingly, just like I struggle to see the rationality in criticising managers as if we know the full context behind the decisions they make. Fans likely do that because being a fan becomes more entertaining when we convince ourselves that we have some unrealistic level of control over the players and managers, and that’s fair, but I can’t take it seriously. On topic, I don’t believe I’ve ever «hated on» Mbappe, unless it was an attempt to instigate a certain someone who tends to be predictably defensive of french players, at the expense of non-french ones.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 am

Some of the arguments against Mbappe on here are just silly.... let it go Jibers.  People forget you're a die hard Man U fan and loved CR; while understanding his flaws.  Not a blind fanboy other than the club Man U.

Nobody is saying Mbappe is as good as a prime CR today.  That would be silly.  However, he's a phenomenal player very early in his career, which gives him an unusual amount of time to maybe improve to that level (or maybe higher).

Mbappe is as good as Henry right now.  That's how good he is.  He's the fastest footballer i have ever seen.  Why is he better than Henry?  His finishing is not quite as good; however, he knows how to play with other elite superstars who occupy the same spaces... which Henry never could as shown on France NT.  Also, both for country and club, Mbappe shows up big in big matches almost every time.  He had a hiccup against Man U second leg last year... but that was it.  He was a game changer in every other game.

Anyhow, I've said my piece.  It doesn't matter what you think:

Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 5 9k=

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:35 am

@Harmonica wrote:Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 5 T0eqxTb

goals at what level though.  Are you including secondary leagues and youth? Brazilian top league is about on par with Russian and Portuguese leagues. Also, CL is a far higher level than Libertadores.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 am

@sportsczy wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 5 T0eqxTb

goals at what level though.  Are you including secondary leagues and youth? Brazilian top league is about on par with Russian and Portuguese leagues. Also, CL is a far higher level than Libertadores.
Well those are still higher level than farmer league. Chart includes official games at senior level.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@jibers wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:

If PSG had Mbappe, they wouldn’t have lost 1-3 to Man United’s Chuck E Cheese division. Oh wait, Mbappe played that entire match Proud

I don’t care much for this argument, but you’ve had a clear bias against C. Ronaldo for over a decade now. At least, bring back the humor. You know, the Ronaldo fighting against gravity thing you did before, or something like that. Your «Ronaldo is overrated and sucks» narrative is getting quite stale, in my humble opinion.

What are you on about? Agenda against Ronaldo? Gravity thing? What?

Couldn't care less about Ronaldo or Messi for that matter. Never said Ronaldo was ovverated. In fact, I compared Mbappe now to Ronaldo at the same age, that is it. Ronaldo is one of the greatest players of all time and one of the best forwards.

Where was Ronaldo when we finished bottom of a cl group in 05/06 that contained Villareal, Lille and Benfica?  

Aren’t you the guy who did the «whooa, I’m attacked by gravity»- thing on the old, Lithium forums? Maybe I’m getting you mixed up with someone else who likes to write walls of text about Ronaldo and Man United, despite not caring about either of them. In fact, the first thing I think of when I see your name is Cristiano Ronaldo, similarly to how Harmonica reminds me of Messi hmm

What are you on about seriously? Gravity and Ronaldo? I'm a United supporter yet I don't care about United?  What? I was never on Lithium... scratch

Such strange comments...

@sportsczy wrote:Some of the arguments against Mbappe on here are just silly.... let it go Jibers.  People forget you're a die hard Man U fan and loved CR; while understanding his flaws.  Not a blind fanboy other than the club Man U.

Nobody is saying Mbappe is as good as a prime CR today.  That would be silly.  However, he's a phenomenal player very early in his career, which gives him an unusual amount of time to maybe improve to that level (or maybe higher).

Mbappe is as good as Henry right now.  That's how good he is.  He's the fastest footballer i have ever seen.  Why is he better than Henry?  His finishing is not quite as good; however, he knows how to play with other elite superstars who occupy the same spaces... which Henry never could as shown on France NT.  Also, both for country and club, Mbappe shows up big in big matches almost every time.  He had a hiccup against Man U second leg last year... but that was it.  He was a game changer in every other game.

Anyhow, I've said my piece.  It doesn't matter what you think:

Not even sure what he's on about considering I've defended CR multiple times over the last decade. Very strange stuff and then he brings up a forum that I've never even been on.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:58 am

Fair enough, I’ve gotten you mixed up with someone else who talks a lot about C. Ronaldo, like I already alluded to in that post. I think it might help if you express even more profound confusion, though. For good measure.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 am

We actually comparing Mbappe, a guy who is playing in a farmer's market of a league, and has been operating in one of the worst CL eras in history, an era where a coach like Zinedine fucking Zidane won 9 CLs in a row, to a similarly aged Ronaldo, whomst've faced some of the finest CBs in PL history, whomst've played against CL's giants left and right?

Pipe down clowns, and yeah, WC as a barometer is falsely indicative, especially in arguably one of the most star studded France squads ever.

Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:03 am

The "most stacked France" that fielded 4 CBs, a donkey up front, and motherfucking Matuidi on the wing. Laughing Mbappé was one of the few reasons why that team was able to move the ball forward at all.
farfan
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:49 am

I rate him , he's already a  great player and  I think he has everything to be an elite player ,  but I believe he should leave Ligue One as soon as possible. Simply I think you can't improve if you play  without worthy opponents for too many years. is there a player who has improved and not regressed in his PSG experience ? For me Verratti has regressed for example

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:29 pm

let klopp have this player for 2 years and he would be the best player in the world.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:44 pm

@Unique wrote:let klopp have this player for 2 years and he would be the best player in the world.
Zidane will take care of that. you handle Minamono

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by frbenzema2014 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Real Madrid draw up plan to sign PSG star Kylian Mbappe in 2021
The reason for that timeframe is that Mbappe’s current contract in Paris expires in 2022 and he is yet to sign a renewal.
Mbappe has scored 73 goals and provided 39 assists in 103 appearances for the club and still has over two years remaining on his contract.
Mbappe is the biggest fraud in football today. - Page 5 Maglia_PSG_Mbappe_2020_prima

frbenzema2014
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.magliecalciocn.net/premier-league-c-281.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:03 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:
@Unique wrote:let klopp have this player for 2 years and he would be the best player in the world.
cool. minamino will join the best team in europe and mbappe will join the has beens.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Mr Nick09 wrote:
cool. minamino will join the best team in europe and mbappe will join the has beens.
deal. lets hope we dont copy you and spend 20 years in complete irrelevancy. please share any advice to help

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:26 pm

@Thimmy wrote:Fair enough, I’ve gotten you mixed up with someone else who talks a lot about C. Ronaldo, like I already alluded to in that post. I think it might help if you express even more profound confusion, though. For good measure.

I wish I could remember the name. I know what you're talking about. Was the highest kudos'ed post on the lithium forum.

** I looked it up! The person you're thinking about is feverpitch

Here is the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20100209212914/http://forums.goal.com/goal/board/message?message.uid=20495#U20495

Doesn't have any of the pics now though...

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:31 pm

If Mbappe doesn't extend and PSG want to get maximum value, this is the summer to sell. If they wait another year, Mbappe's contract will go into its last season and the fee would drop quite a bit. In fact, Mbappe may just decide to play his contract out and get himself a 100 million signing bonus... would not surprise me at all.

If he waits 2 years to run out his contract, he's still just have turned 23. People don't realize how young he is.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:30 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Fair enough, I’ve gotten you mixed up with someone else who talks a lot about C. Ronaldo, like I already alluded to in that post. I think it might help if you express even more profound confusion, though. For good measure.

I wish I could remember the name. I know what you're talking about. Was the highest kudos'ed post on the lithium forum.

Here is the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20100209212914/http://forums.goal.com/goal/board/message?message.uid=20495#U20495

Just went down memory lane, I always wanted to see this again, thanks.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:27 pm

@jibers wrote:
@Arquitecto wrote:Mbappe is a generational talent and one cannot doubt that despite his obvious limits but comparing him to CR7 is a joke considering CR even at that age was better and has gone on to be a Top 3 all-time great if not the greatest. Mbappe definitely has developed earlier similar to Fabregas who peaked early per say but Neymar is a better comparison of levels for Mbappe.

Arq ffs Proud

Arq, Mbappe is way ahead of Ronaldo at the same age. there really is no comparison. In fact the fans and his teammates were fed up with him because of his playing style and his pointless dribbling and diving. Mbappe has already torn the Cl up at age 18, won a WC and finished in top 6 in two consecutive years in the Ballon Dor and Fifas best awards as well as being in top 10 for UEFA best player in Europe in 2 of the last 3 seasons. This is all before he was 21.

Ronaldo was a frustrating player at the same age and his end product and big game performances can't even be compared. As Giggity said, Ronaldo had better ball handling but his decsion making was frustrating.

I really think CRs technique is criminally underrated.. He has world class technique and very good dribbling. His problem was his awful decision making until probably his late 20’s. His man u days were vinicius jr levels.. it shows how insane ronaldo’s physical and on the ball talent was that it didn’t make a difference. That’s when we were able to win 4 CLs in 5 years. Big part of that is CR7 played 100% for the team.

I think CR is quicker off the mark and has more agility. His first couple steps were insanely quick. Has tons of strength to go with it.. i’ve never seen CR actually 100% out muscled; he’s just a diving pos so he would fall if he thinks he could get a foul. mbappe has that straight line speed that is killer.

I prob have more bias to mbappe since he’s half algerian tbh. He is a generational talent. And his career has been perfectly managed so far. When CR and messi retire he will be racking up ballon dors
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:57 am

@farfan wrote:There is nothing spot on or rational about baselessly predicting an unusually bleak/stagnating trajectory for the most precocious talent in world football. Laughing

You're all being danyjr right now, hating on a player simply because you're annoyed by the hype.
Laughing
Touché.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:08 am

I didn’t know Mbappe was half Algerian. You should probably keep your expectations tempered in regard to him becoming a future Ballon D’or champion, though. Grandiose assumptions and expectations hardly ever lead to anything good, and you never know what the future will bring.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:10 am

@CBarca wrote:

Right, Feverpitch Proud I believe he was an Arsenal fan, but he had some kind of obsession with C. Ronaldo. Of course, he would never admit that, but I consider him the OG Ronaldo hater Razz And I suppose that makes sense, considering Ronaldo dished out more pain on Arsenal than Pogba does these days.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:45 am

@farfan wrote:Sports needs to get in here and start dropping some world cup pictures on your asses.

The funny thing is that we have plenty of shit players that people can make fun of... like "the token white guy" Giroud, "hard work is better than achievement" Matuidi, "i can't believe i'm here" Sissoko, "one-legged" Fekir, "slower than my grandma" Thauvin, "false Messi" Lemar, etc.  

But people decide to criticize our actual legit good players like Mbappe, Pogba and Griezmann.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum