The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Thimmy Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Icardi is such a spectacularly meh striker lmao. Damn glad we did not spend a time signing a scrub ass poacher

What has he done now? I missed their last game because I was eating out with my girlfriend.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm

If he is not shooting on goal he is the most useless piece of footballer you will ever see
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:If he is not shooting on goal he is the most useless piece of footballer you will ever see

That's not true. I think he's shown in his development over the years that he possesess very good passing ability, surprisingly good vision, and he's very good at shielding the ball as well. He's not a prolific dribbler, but that's just not a part of his repertoire, nor Inter's style of play. I see that Inter lost today. He probably just had a poor game. With the amount of great performances he's had this season, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. I think he would improve in a team like ours, in comparison to a Spaletti team.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:38 pm

I have tried watching Icardi and he really sucks at all those points you mention. He is a pro player, he can do certain things but not at a high enough level that it stands out among other pros.

Spending 100 mil on this scrub would be a crime
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:00 pm

I have the opposite view of Icardi and I've probably watched way too much Inter at this point. Icardi would be great at Madrid especially paired with Benzema but like Nick coincidentally, Madrid higher ups are looking for something that doesn't exist outside of Neymar and Mbappe.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:29 pm

We're buying the best player in Benfica's history, Joao Felix. That's our striker for the summer I guess, fantastic talent we've got on our hands
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Valkyrja wrote:We're buying the best player in Benfica's history, Joao Felix. That's our striker for the summer I guess, fantastic talent we've got on our hands

Kid has dreamed all his life to play for Madrid and his agent is not Jorge Mendes.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Valkyrja wrote:We're buying the best player in Benfica's history, Joao Felix. That's our striker for the summer I guess, fantastic talent we've got on our hands

Joao Felix is an attacking mid. Great prospect I've picked up on FM many times, but not a striker, and not a player we really need unless we plan to play with 6 attacking mids.

I mean really, what is the point of Odegaard, James, or Brahim Diaz, let alone the attacking mids currently in our squad who can't get minutes like Isco and Asensio.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Kid has dreamed all his life to play for Madrid and his agent is not Jorge Mendes.
love these posts when you do the even know what position he plays, striker lmao

We are signing some kid from benficanfor 120 mil when we can sign a prospect from Brazil for 3 times less lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:28 pm

He's usually a sure pick up for me on FM but unless FM be lying, he is an AM. Also, while I am sure Benfica fans would appreciate the compliment, sure they still consider Eusebio their finest player ever lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 pm

The best CF talent of Portugal is Rafael Leap who joined Lille last summer. He started playing more and more this year and he is on a good run of goals at the moment
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 pm

So apparently Hazard has gotten assurances that RM will bid for him so he's made up his mind and ask for a transfer. Not sure how I feel about that given the emergance of Vini. If he is coming to play RW then welcome, when do you get your kit. Too bad we bid for Hazard with ZZ gone
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:46 pm

I mean, Vini is just 18 and as much as I am loving his play, the club should be careful not to overuse him. Go figure, after years of rightful criticising, I am welcoming Hazard with open arms.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Hazard is a fantastic player and is showing no signs of slowing down, but at 29 years of age and 1 year left on his contract he better be cheap. Because if we are spending 100m on a 29.5 year old, no matter how talented he may be, it's not going to last.

Then we also have Rodrygo coming. I just hope we aren't sacrificing potential world beaters in Vinicius and Rodryo for a couple seasons of Hazard. What I mean to say is, if he does come, I hope we can find a good balance and work in Vinicius, Rodrygo with Hazard so that everyone is getting the time they need.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:34 am

The fact that Vinicius at 18 is performing like a grown man should not be taken for granted, and we shouldn't be expecting Rodrigo to do the same.

Signing confirmed stars is a must. I made a post about this the other day, where we could potentially play a 4231 with a trio of attacking mids behind the CF.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:27 am

Hazard turned 28 a month ago, would be 28.5 if he joins us. Interesting how i always see peeps get their years wrong around here.

This is Madrid, not Arsenal, Rodrygo can get loaned, and in the case that Hazard does last only around 3 seasons... Rodrygo can get loaned and return if he does turn world class in the first place. The thing we do have to think about is Vinicius, but that's where player mobility and Hazard principally centrally can come in. I've yet to see anyone illuminate us here on how effective he's shown to be in that spot.

Also, it is known that world class wingers/inside forwards will be more likely to be more effective playing on the side they can shoot from, so Rodrygo and Vinicius would always bump elbows in one way or the other.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:56 am

honestly i can see Hazard playing on the right. his strengths are creativity and playmaking. if benz can keep his form up that would work out
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 am

people here have decided that when you hit 30 your career is finished lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:24 am

Woo off by a year. Big deal. The point is that I hope we aren’t spending 100m on a player with 1 year left on his contract who will have 0 resale value in 4-5 years when he nears the end of his contract.

If he’s cheap, great, but I’d rather RM spend money on a striker or CM or CB.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:54 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:people here have decided that when you hit 30 your career is finished lmao

i'm in that camp....at 30 plus, we should start phasing people out, there's like what? 3 peak years left? and those years aren't as crisp as say when the person was in their mid 20s. i read your 4 2 3 1 hypothesis; liked it actually, as i've also been against replacing players "like for like". i made a comment a while back about having an attacking mid to create in the final third, and many on here said attacking mids where lazy (i guess isco and james might have given that position a bad name lol, ozil too)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:people here have decided that when you hit 30 your career is finished lmao

Deez pretty much summed it up. You're not very marketable at that age, unless you're someone like Cristiano Ronaldo. The time at which a player starts declining, and when that decline transitions into a steep drop in form, is different from person to person - but top teams don't traditionally hold onto players when they go into their 30s, just to squeeze every drop of fitness out of them. I'm 30 myself, and I don't consider myself old, but despite being a phys ed teacher and in pretty good shape, there's just no way I can compete with people who are in their early 20s, in terms of pace and stamina.

I felt like I was in better physical shape 2-3 years ago, and I haven't changed my diet or exercise much during that period of time. I've had to come to terms with the fact that my body isn't in it's 20s anymore. Which is fine. I don't feel notably rusty in terms of technique or strength, I've just come to the realization that it's pointless for me to try and outrun people who have a better natural lung capacity and restitution. Of course, not everyone's like me, but I'd hesitate to put any money on someone being able to perform well into their 30s. Whether they like it or not, football players typically hit a wall sometime just beyond their 30s, and then it's up to them to adapt so that the decline impacts their game as little as possible.

I recently saw a Goal.com headline proclaiming Cristiano Ronaldo as possibly the greatest athlete in football history, based on the fact that he's still performing up to par at age 34, but I think we all know that, even despite his physical prowess and discipline, he's had to adapt his playing style a lot as he's gotten older. I still recall how much his explosive pace had declined when he was only 28. He got completely demolished when he attempted to out-pace Abate in the Champions League, and we had to put up with watching him miserably fail at taking on defenders with pace, for about half a year until he seemed to acknowledge his own shortcomings. His effectivity has increased exponentially since then, but he doesn't help drive the ball forward as much, and I'm pretty sure he sees less of the ball in general. But he's an exception. Generally speaking, I wouldn't expect too much from a player who's passed 30, in terms of pace and stamina. It may differ from player to player, but they're at a point in their career when it's only going to go downhill along with their market value, and I don't know why any top club would be willing to gamble on when that steep decline is going to occur, unless replacing them poses economical issues.

In other words, 31-32 seems like a fair gamble to me. Beyond that, you'll have to assess whether the player is still capable of sustaining a satisfying performance level, and even then, I don't think any top team should hold onto multiple players far beyond the 30 mark, unless they all happen to have exceptional athleticism, which is highly unlikely.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm

I am still seeing more pros than cons for the signing of Hazard though Deez's point of over paying on 1 more year left on his contract is something I hope the Madrid higher ups are at least taking note of.

Rodrygo should start using his left foot all now if he wanna have a realistic shot at starting. His competition would be an always injured Bale, Lucas and maybe Asensio. Not exactly the stiffest competition out here.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:36 pm

I get what Deez is saying, but at the same time, who do we have at the moment that our future and current, young forwards can learn from? Benz? Modern striker. Can’t teach that shit. Bale? 28 may not be an ideal age to sign a player at for the long-term, but our forward situation is far from ideal, to begin with. I don’t know if we’re in a position to pick and choose now, after being a transfer window spectator for so many years.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Preferably our young players would learn from a proper coach, and by playing.

It just seems odd that after throwing away this season, we wouldn't stand by the youth we brought in and instead renege for a 28 y/o who could be amazing, but have no resale value after all.

What I'm trying to say is our transfer philosophy is all over the place. There is no nuance. We went from buying stars about to hit their peak to drastically (and I think irresponsibly) going for nothing but youth. Now as soon as we start to see some of the fruit of this labor (tossing this season in the trash), we buy a 28 y/o player who is in direct conflict with one of the only bright spots of this season in Vinicius.

Where was this big name player last summer before we threw our season away? Or the summer before?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:47 pm

nah their tired of these players specifically remember this discussion has been going when the players were in their mid to late 20's Laughing, all this posturing aren't gonna change Flo plans to transition out the core slowly until a new core is set, especially if they can still compete at a high level for 2 more seasons and gives the club a chance to develop the younger players and see what's on the market, there is nothing hard about any of this.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Hazard has been playing as a striker, as well. That might be the plan for him, if we do get him.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next