chad4401
Mr Nick09
futbol_bill
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sevilla - Real Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Sevilla - Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:58 pm

You make it sound like Solari tells Vinicius to carry the team during his team talk, or Perez calls Vinicius in the middle of the night and tells him a better score goals lmao

RM do not put pressure on kids, pressure is born out of the environment the club finds itself in, the fans, the expectations. I would be shocked if Solari is not telling all these young players to go have fun out there lol

what the club will control is whether Vinicius plays or not. Are you saying that we should protect him by keeping him on the bench? lol, i dont think so. Sink or Swin, it's hard to play for Madrid; when you get that chance you dont let it go.

And Asension was a p***y for saying what he said. That's how you identify beta mentalities. It doesnt matter whether it was true or not, you dont say stupid shit like that. Irrational confidence >>>>

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:10 pm

@tito 2 elite seasons from modric is more than enough, the team has a alot of young Midfield talent that will be ready by then, it's not a big deal and the team is not as bad as some want it to seem, let's be honest here even when the team won the second CL everyone was saying the same thing now, I get it a lot of fans want new players to cheer for the old ones are played out which is fine, but for me their champions and when it's over its over they have earn right regardless.

Asensio is a freaking coward end of story, he hogs the ball and take bad shots but he doesn't want to be held responsible, if benzema said that at his age you guys would trash from back then, and the only reason why most Madrid fans claim they agree with Asensio is because it another opportunity to take a dig at Benz and bale, that why Asensio along with isco needs to sit their asses on bench, their too pampered by marca and won't improve their games.

Last vini isn't carrying the team come on now, he basically just given the team another outlet apart from benzema, he has long way to go tbh he is a bit too selfish at times but he is trying his best to cement a spot before bale comes back so it fine, he is brave enough to try things I will give em that.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:08 pm

he isn't carrying the team; nobody is carrying the team, my point is, we can't get too caught up in what we expect from him right now, can't be overly critical nor heap too much praise on him....as far as age, millage and long term plans, i've said what i have to on that. we should not be ten points behind barcelona (technically 11 based on h2h so far), that isn't elite level productivity
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Of course Madrid puts pressure on young players to perform. They just aren't alone in that department as everyone is put under pressure to perform week in week out. It's a demanding club that isn't made for folks that can't take the jamming.

*points camera at Asensio*
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Nothing about Solari telling Vini to carry the team... it's the media, pundits, etc.  Remember Robinho?  he was absolutely breathtaking with his energy and dribbling when he came to Madrid...  actually much better than Vini.  He had some legit Ronaldinho in that aspect.  But IF the team fails while the media is hyping you at Madrid...  you take the pressure and blame.  Just how it is.

So my hope is that all the Vini hype is toned down and he can progress in relative peace.  

Keep in mind nobody has a scouting report on him yet.  But they will.  The more games he plays, the more data teams will have and they will understand his tendencies.  They will start blocking him from going to his strengths.  He doesn't have such explosive speed and incredible technique that it won't matter.  It will.  I just hope he has it in him to adjust... and real madrid media and fans better understand that he will need to figure it out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:26 pm

Same thing happened to Asensio btw.  He was scouted and other teams forced him away from his strengths to his weakness.  He hasn't developed and adjusted to what the opposition started doing to him.

He's a prime example of a talented kid who had a world of expectations put on his shoulder before he had the time to earn it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Robinho was weak physically. couldn't shoot hard enough. didn't had the pace to get past the defenders.

Vini on the other hand has all the tools.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:57 pm

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Robinho was many times the talent that Vinicius is. It hasn't even been long enough to start forgetting about him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Robinho was breathtaking, absolutely mesmerising in the way he managed to dribble past opponents

Vini isn't at that level yet, I think he prefers to go the Ronaldo route of trying to be a scorer rather than an assister which is why he takes about 6/7 shots a game. If he improves his shots he will be great because he has a quality we have lacked for seasons and that is speed to go along with his technique

I agree with Sport, we shouldn't expect too much from him right now but since the other options are terrible, a single dribble past a players gets the fans on their feet clapping even if the subsequent move is a shot to goes to thr corner flag. We have been starved of a good winger since prime Ronaldo and Robinho and that was nearly a decade ago
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:24 pm

He was very talented. there is no doubt about that. but didn't have the tools.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:33 pm

He did though Mamad, don't do the man that. He was really good but sometimes, things just don't work out for players.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Meh, Vinicius has never particularly excited me. He is clearly talented but is missing certain pace/explosiveness and 1 on 1 dribbling ability. In my eyes, his potential is to be a 7.5ish/10 LF/SS who mostly cuts in and has Benzema-like associative skills. None of our prospects (other than 1) particularly excite me actually. Not Brahim, Odegaard, or Rodrygo.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:25 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Meh, Vinicius has never particularly excited me. He is clearly talented but is missing certain pace/explosiveness and 1 on 1 dribbling ability. In my eyes, his potential is to be a 7.5ish/10 LF/SS who mostly cuts in and has Benzema-like associative skills. None of our prospects (other than 1) particularly excite me actually. Not Brahim, Odegaard, or Rodrygo.

Couldn't dissagree more lol. anyway...
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Robinho was 20-ish when he signed so he had more than 2 years on Vinicius. Besides, Robinho flopping under a different era, coach, and environment has no bearing on the current situation, they are different players.

But if we have to compare the two, I'd say Vinicius seems to have a lot more mental toughness than Robinho. That to me, more than the skills, is what can make a player go far in his career.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:40 pm

Robinho was definitely more impressive but he was also 3 years older when he came, not a fair comparison. Also out of all the things Vinicius is lacking, pace seems pretty far down the list to me.
Sevilla - Real Madrid - Page 4 Giphy
He really needs to work on his finishing though, it's Lucas level atm Laughing
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Robinho was a bigger star than Neymar when he left the Brazilian league. Vini is still just a talent. He started playing for the Flamengo first team the season before we brought him in. Robinho was a mental midget but his quality was undeniable. I'd love to have that Robinho today, would help alot with our rubbish offensive game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:55 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Meh, Vinicius has never particularly excited me. He is clearly talented but is missing certain pace/explosiveness and 1 on 1 dribbling ability. In my eyes, his potential is to be a 7.5ish/10 LF/SS who mostly cuts in and has Benzema-like associative skills. None of our prospects (other than 1) particularly excite me actually. Not Brahim, Odegaard, or Rodrygo.
I ain't know why you just didn't say Valverde's name lol. About "other than 1". It's Valverde.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 am

a couple of things, as vandeez pointed out, robinho was 20 when he came here and had won copa libetadores if i'm not mistaken, vini is still a kid. i disagree with vandeez about the mental toughness part though, its too early to reach that conclusion unless you know the player personally. we haven't seen vini long enough to know that

i liked robinho but he came into the wrong environment, which is ironic considering he came here cos there was a bit of a brazilian revolution, carlos, ronaldo and a brazilian coach. but there where tensions between brazilians vs spanish. and when the brazilians where forced out, wind got to robinho about him being used as a tool to get cristiano and he'd had enough

i don't think robinho was weak mentally, he never shied from a challenge, would never give that asensio type presser and never considered himself to be a supporting cast type dude or a dude who should take the back seat or play robin to someone else's batman. if anything his ego was what got the best of him at madrid......and his poor work ethic
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:47 am

What Vinicius has going for him is that at 17/18 he looks like a better athlete than Robinho was when he came to Madrid. He is just as fast but he looks stronger and he runs more.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 am

umm no Nick. Vini is just stronger physically (just his body type). But Robinho was an excellent athlete. His change of direction was like Ronaldinho almost. And in my eyes, he looked faster than Vini.

People forget how good Robinho was. A supremely talented player. Madrid ruined his prime years unfortunately.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 am

My point is that, even for a more mature (and imo more talented) player like Robinho... madrid is hard. Very hard. Vini is nowhere near that yet and the media are making him into a savior.

It's unfair imo to the kid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Robinho wasn't a mental midget can you stop making stuff up hala, anyway vini ain't no Robinho yet and probably won't be Robinho was extremely skilled in ways I still have yet to be seen replicated but vini is good in his own right and has a bright future ahead of him if it all comes together.

The only media I see acting like vini is savior is retarded ass marca and that idiot Guillem Balagué, that just another stupid narrative to take a dig at the team and especially forwards, as I said before too much of a toxic atmosphere surrounding the team.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Am i the only one thinking that you all are overrating Robinho?

maybe i'm wrong. should go watch some of his games again....
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:My point is that, even for a more mature (and imo more talented) player like Robinho... madrid is hard. Very hard. Vini is nowhere near that yet and the media are making him into a savior.

They are not imo. they see for about 5 games in a row the 18 year old kid with no experience has been our best player and despite his flaws he plays with heart and is full of energy.

and they are just reporting it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:My point is that, even for a more mature (and imo more talented) player like Robinho... madrid is hard. Very hard. Vini is nowhere near that yet and the media are making him into a savior.

It used to be, but not anymore sadly. There are many players who honestly don't deserve to be here, and yet they are still with us and playing with no pressure at all.

Our top scorer is not even in the top 10 of La Liga top scorers. And we have many starters who are either not ready yet for the big stage or way past it.

We just have to be honest with ourselves and admit that the Madrid board does no longer have the same expectations and demands as before.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next