Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 pm

this one is better

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Matriarchy= Apocalypse

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:34 pm

Kraftwerk made music that was heady, calm, and danceable in an alternative sense. They were influential in style, aesthetic, and sound, albeit not all their music is essential listening. Artists like Aphex Twin and Autechre are descendants of that sort of music tradition.

Also to be described as a right wing woman fearing boy is a symptom of the prevailing identity politics i am sensing here. I was too late to save GL.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:41 pm

You might have a really terrible, misguided and harmful worldview, but then again you seem to have a good taste, and solid common sense, in terms of music so I'm going to give a you a thumbs up!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 pm

It's not too late TMO, save us!
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 pm

Red pillers, incels, levels of privilege 😂😂😂
Stay away from YouTube
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:18 am

CBarca wrote:
Can we stop calling red-pilled guys virgins and incels?  

No. They are almost certainly virgins and incels.

Why else would they be so angry? Dudes who get laid don't have the temperament of a red piller. Come on now

That's a huge blanket statement.

The issue is that tons of incels have invaded red pill and alt right forums, posting drivel and hate.  The red pill isn't a hate campaign against women, its sexual strategy. Simple as. It's amoral. What you do with the information is up to you.

@BC, women simply have an easier time with finding a partner compared to males, in terms of casual and actual relationships. That's what I mean.

I have female friends, some of them feminists, one in particular who confirms a lot of the red pill truths. Bottom line, most people are in it for themselves, being a women or a man does not magically make you a morally and sexually just person based on gender
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:16 am

I have debated with myself at least a half-dozen times over the last couple of days about locking this thread. It started out as an utter flaming dumpster fire of a shitshow, but has evolved into a somewhat more coherent discussion thanks to our resident calmer heads.

@TMO - I don't know what woman (or women) broke your heart, my man, but you sound crazy as hell right now. I had to check your IP to see if you'd been hacked or something. Still don't know for sure. What I do know is you need to cool it on that "cuck" shit. I'm having none of that toxic masculinity garbage.

My only real contribution to this topic (if it can even be called that) is that I consider myself feminist. Read into that as you will.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 am

McLewis wrote:you need to cool it on that "cuck" shit. I'm having none of that toxic masculinity garbage.

My only real contribution to this topic (if it can even be called that) is that I consider myself feminist. Read into that as you will.

Maybe it's just me, but both of those terms are obnoxious. Yet, it's a fitting symbolism for the political inclinations of GL's nonchalant population Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 am

Nah, it's not just you. Toxic Masculinity (the term itself) is indeed obnoxious and obtuse, yet I find it still accurate when applied correctly. That, unfortunately, isn't always the case.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 am

Sometimes my affinity for self-consciously sardonic and surreal (yet deep down lighthearted) pieces of intellectual neurotica comes to light, and understandably not everyone sufficiently catches on.

What essentially happened was that, at the time, i was indeed a tad aggravated about something and i felt like venting and self-amusing by dumping some spicy thoughts and musings, various of which i have quite nuanced stances on.

As i believe to have shown for years though, i am far too sharp, self-aware, and level headed (similar to Sam Harris actually) to be any sort of ideological zealot Laughing . Which leads me to my final thoughts.

I have seen various dismissive, vapid, and seemingly intellectually inarticulate and apparently un-ironic reactions and thoughts from many users (perhaps influenced in part by the enhanced provocativeness of the thread), and this is food for thought.

With love, TMO.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 am

You do you, man. It's clear you're on some kinda journey right now and it sounds trippy af. No need to be putting women down though. They're just people like anyone else. They want the same things any other person wants. I see neither nothing mystical about this nor threatening.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:18 pm

@McLewis in detail, what does the feminism you associate yourself with to support entail?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:26 am

@mclewis that I can agree with. There’s no point ranting and going nuts about this subject TMO. Hating women is not going to solve your problems with them. At the end of the day hopefully we can all agree there’s much more meaningful things in life then just sex and relationships.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 am

El Gunner wrote:McLewis in detail, what does the feminism you associate yourself with to support entail?

To keep it concise, I support women being able to make their way in this world without having to do it solely off their looks, their bodies or ability to bear children. I support gender wage equality in all professions, I support women not having to work twice as hard or being held to impossibly high standards to prove themselves in male-dominated fields. I support their ability and desire to be able to protect themselves and not have to depend on men for that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:38 am

McLewis wrote:
El Gunner wrote:McLewis in detail, what does the feminism you associate yourself with to support entail?

To keep it concise, I support women being able to make their way in this world without having to do it solely off their looks, their bodies or ability to bear children. I support gender wage equality in all professions, I support women not having to work twice as hard or being held to impossibly high standards to prove themselves in male-dominated fields. I support their ability and desire to be able to protect themselves and not have to depend on men for that.

Women have to work harder in some positions where they compete against men because men are more ruthless. Both genders have different qualities and traits; you can teach women assertiveness but at the end of the day, statistically, a man is more likely to do more or sacrifice more to achieve the desired result.

Anyway, when you compare pay for men and women who are similarly qualified and working the same job, the "gender pay gap" drops below ~80 cents on the dollar. This is not a drastic difference by no means and why is there a difference at all? Probably because a woman is less likely to ask for a raise. You'll say they shouldn't have to ask if they work the same job but it doesnt work that way in a work environment.

I don't know what you mean when you say you support women's ability and desire to be able to protect themselves and not have to depend on men for that?

Women are treated pretty fairly in today's western societies in general. They are just more likely to choose a lesser paying job which makes them happy while men are more likely to strive for a career that they don't necessarily enjoy but makes them lots of money.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Kraftwerk isn't a chicken sandwich? Oh my
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:39 pm

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Women have to work harder in some positions where they compete against men because men are more ruthless. Both genders have different qualities and traits; you can teach women assertiveness but at the end of the day, statistically, a man is more likely to do more or sacrifice more to achieve the desired result.

Anyway, when you compare pay for men and women who are similarly qualified and working the same job, the "gender pay gap" drops below ~80 cents on the dollar. This is not a drastic difference by no means and why is there a difference at all? Probably because a woman is less likely to ask for a raise. You'll say they shouldn't have to ask if they work the same job but it doesnt work that way in a work environment.

I don't know what you mean when you say you support women's ability and desire to be able to protect themselves and not have to depend on men for that?

Women are treated pretty fairly in today's western societies in general. They are just more likely to choose a lesser paying job which makes them happy while men are more likely to strive for a career that they don't necessarily enjoy but makes them lots of money.

What a load of bs

Men are more ruthless Or the systems were always been owned by and designed by men so they get the automatic preference.

Gender pay gap exists because women don't ask for raise.. Why do you think any person would not ask for a deserved raise? Because they know it is futile to ask when the entire system is against them. They have seen the women who had a mind of their own and what happened to them for speaking their mind. How they were labelled as having attitude, head strong and bitchy.

I thought Europe has decent education.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:51 pm

So in physical jobs, if women can carry 12kg and men can carry 30kg doing THE SAME job should they be paid equally?

Different standards, different pay.

I know this is a narrow line of thinking and doesn't apply everywhere, I am aware that there is discrimination but GENERALLY women are treated fairly in the West and that's pretty clear.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:38 pm

McLewis wrote:Nah, it's not just you. Toxic Masculinity (the term itself) is indeed obnoxious and obtuse, yet I find it still accurate when applied correctly. That, unfortunately, isn't always the case.

I used to hate the term before I tried to understand it.

I still hate the name because it gets people on edge who don't understand the deeper meaning, but I myself have found peace with it overall. Glad to see someone else in the same boat.

Also, the gender pay gap is, by all accounts I've read, fairly negligible (around 5% difference). Of course, there are reasons for that that could be debated (that number would be controlling for women leaving professions to be parents which is a burden women unfairly have to face as compared to men) but it's not a debate I think is worth having really. Especially since I can tell people are going to start quoting Jordan Peterson and I'm going to bash my head against a wall

I could be wrong though
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I think you're trying to say that men are more decisive than women? I mean because unless we're talking about ruling a kingdom or managing a Fortune 500 corporation, ruthlessness doesn't really come into the discussion. Nonetheless, I disagree completely. Women are very much capable of decisiveness and that's been proven over and over again throughout world history and even in current events.

Anyway, when you compare pay for men and women who are similarly qualified and working the same job, the "gender pay gap" drops below ~80 cents on the dollar. This is not a drastic difference by no means and why is there a difference at all? Probably because a woman is less likely to ask for a raise. You'll say they shouldn't have to ask if they work the same job but it doesn't work that way in a work environment.

You're right. That's exactly where I'm going. They shouldn't have to ask for a raise because the people in charge should be able to recognize the merit in doing so proactively. I don't particularly or completely consider such failure a purely discriminatory practice, but also recognize that some people just aren't astute leaders in general. The "It doesn't work that way" dismissal is rather low effort. Why doesn't it work this way? What can be done to fix it? These are the questions that get women closer to better wage equality.

For centuries, women of all races and cultures have had to define themselves by the men they choose to spend their lives with. There was a time where this could mean the difference between literal life or death. Even today, women in poorer backgrounds still psychologically are trained by their parents to find men of higher economic standing in the hopes of having a better life. This isn't a western problem solely, this is a global problem. That mindset must be corrected and I believe it will be as the older generations die out.

Well this doesn't surprise me in western society so I won't contend that point. As I mentioned above though, this is a global problem though. What about women outside of the West? They deserved to be treated fairly as well by all people yet so many of them are not. I look to the recent story about a Japanese pop star who felt compelled by her male-dominated society's demands to apologize for speaking out about being sexually assaulted as an example of this. The very fact that she felt she had to apologize for something that happened to her, that was outside of her control, is abhorrent. That's why I'm a feminist.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:04 pm

McLewis wrote:I look to the recent story about a Japanese pop star who felt compelled by her male-dominated society's demands to apologize for speaking out about being sexually assaulted as an example of this. The very fact that she felt she had to apologize for something that happened to her, that was outside of her control, is abhorrent. That's why I'm a feminist.

God damn it. Meant to quote you, but mistakenly thumbed you up instead. Japan is largely a patriarchic country. If they're the reason why you're a feminist, you should work on changing the mindset of people in the land of the rising sun - because we certainly don't think the same way in the majority of western countries.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 pm

I don't know what happened there, but in the US there are more than enough backwards cases regarding sexual assault, harassment and more to make it a pretty logical thing for McLewis to feel the way he does even in the US.

I don't want to speak for him, but I'm willing to bet as a US citizen, the majority of his opinions on all of this have been shaped from an American or European centric POV, not from what happens in Japan. I think it was likely just an example illustrating the need for feminism outside of the US as well as in it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Reason I asked is because nowadays one can't be sure what "to be a feminist" actually entails - therefore a lot of people try to refrain from labeling themselves as that, I have come across a lot of women as well who wouldn't subscribe themselves to it.

Everything you mentioned I humanly stand for as well, in conversations around this topic I would bring it up as well, but that's as much as I can do to be honest, as I am not active politically. And still I don't think I would take the measure to label myself a "feminist" when these days there are plenty nonsensical perspectives around what the movement stands for, so yea, just my two cents.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 pm

You're entirely correct CB. My views on women's rights in non-Western nations is largely formed from my perspectives as an American and as someone who has studied largely European-centric history, which was just as patriarchal as Japan's at some of its darkest points.

However, there's one more really important reason why I'm a feminist and unless you follow me on FB or Twitter, it's not something I've mentioned until now: I have a daughter.

In my experience, nothing can make a man more of a feminist quicker and with more certainty than raising a daughter. A part of me will always want to protect her from how bad this world can be to women. Another knows that's impossible and that it's my responsibility to prepare her for the harsh realities that exist for women outside of the relative safety of western society. These feelings inform my overall worldview as a feminist.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Let's turn this thread into something more positive and empowering Molenation

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor