Hapless_Hans
The Madrid One
26 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Matriarchy= Apocalypse

Post by Doc Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:02 pm

@McLewis

I grew up with mom as well after my parents got divorced. Pops was still around but my mom when she was alive had a far greater influence on me. And I guess it actually helped, quite a lot actually. Particularly when it comes to understanding women. I ain't no expert obviously but I do not carry that same "disdain" other men tend to carry. I disagree about the "archaic" stuff about man-ing up. Personally find that us men should at least strive to have propensity to be providers, if not for our families but for the very least, ourselves. But at the same time, if your lady is the one who doing the leg work, support her in other functions. Basically, I'm agreeing to disagree on that one but I get where you're coming from.

In essence, my pops and my uncles showed me their version of being a man and my mom and sisters showed me how to understand being around and indirectly being with women.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:07 pm

Also, read the whole article, well, glad she (well, he) finally understands what it means to be a man. Not particularly an ez game, ez lyfe sort of living. Also also, being called an asshole by women is really not gonna make most men stop doing what they are doing as that is a common insult for a man to get.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:44 am

This test is hilarious. It's clearly aimed at Americans, but it's still ridiculous.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am

And this was back in 2014. Things have gotten much worse. I'm kind of relieved I live in my vodka-loving Slavic society because we only laugh at all that shit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 am

Thimmy wrote:This test is hilarious. It's clearly aimed at Americans, but it's still ridiculous.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?

It's kind of ridiculous, but then not as ridiculous as, say, slavery
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 am

Care to elaborate? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:14 am

Nope.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am

Alrighty then Very Happy Freeza or CB - did you guys take the test?

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 5 Rally_Fathers_Day
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:49 am

I don’t see the problem with the idea of the test. Some of the questions are a bit repetitive. A lot of them give a bit of a perspective on a lot of various kinds of discrimination people face.

I “scored” 52/100 when I took it.

I don’t know why a lot of you guys on here are so easily offended by stuff like this tbh. Especially considering it’s an American test. It’s hard to compare white privilege in US to Scandinavia, when we’re probably the most homogeneous place in the western world.

Makes no sense to mad at white privilege when it’s more of a problem in the US. It’s still true to a minor extent, but the criticism is mainly directed at whiteness in America.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 am

Also if you want to talk about how feminism is needed.

Seems like Denmark is finally changing rape laws. Right now rape is classified only as that if they’re fighting against the attacker with force.

The law is being changed to consent. They have to give consent for it not to be rape.

And before you guys get up in arms about people being accused without evidence etc. There’s still a burden of proof on the accuser.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:59 am

If you have ever taken a buzzfeed quiz on the level of your privilege, it tells me a lot about you as a person rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Myesyats wrote:If you have ever taken a buzzfeed quiz on the level of your privilege, it tells me a lot about you as a person rofl

I would say it’s dishonest for Thimmy to post the quiz and critique it if he didn’t bother taking it himself.

A bit like criticising a movie without watching it. A bit like those idiots rating Captain Marvel badly on RT because they were offended.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Whatever. I'm not buying any of that. And also I don't care. If people want to make victims of themselves for some reason, fair enough. If that's your hobby. Sometimes I feel sorry for you and others. Wait, no, actually, take that back. I don't. I never do.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 pm

I’ve never said I wanted any pity lol. I’m the whitest fucking guy on here.

Also you don’t care? You just talked shit about me for researching the buzzfeed article Thimmy mocked.

Seems pretty rich from the guy who gets all his opinions from condensed Joe Rogan clips and Breitbart.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Freeza wrote:I don’t see the problem with the idea of the test. Some of the questions are a bit repetitive. A lot of them give a bit of a perspective on a lot of various kinds of discrimination people face.

I don’t know why a lot of you guys on here are so easily offended by stuff like this tbh. Especially considering it’s an American test. It’s hard to compare white privilege in US to Scandinavia, when we’re probably the most homogeneous place in the western world.

Makes no sense to mad at white privilege when it’s more of a problem in the US. It’s still true to a minor extent, but the criticism is mainly directed at whiteness in America.

The test makes a lot of highly offensive assumptions. Like if you are white you are privileged even if you are dirt poor and never benefited from the "system". It's just the same old culture war thing that only serves to divide.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Freeza wrote:I’ve never said I wanted any pity lol. I’m the whitest fucking guy on here.

Also you don’t care? You just talked shit about me for researching the buzzfeed article Thimmy mocked.

Seems pretty rich from the guy who gets all his opinions from condensed Joe Rogan clips and Breitbart.

What is breitbart?

Man, you should take a long hard look at yourself.

So progressive but all you do is divide, not bring together as CB said.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:I’ve never said I wanted any pity lol. I’m the whitest fucking guy on here.

What is breitbart?

Man, you should take a long hard look at yourself.

So progressive but all you do is divide, not bring together as CB said.

All I do is divide?

I hadn’t even discussed anything until Thimmy called me out. And then you joined by attacking my personality because I actually checked out the quiz, because I don’t want to hate on something before going through it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:I don’t see the problem with the idea of the test. Some of the questions are a bit repetitive. A lot of them give a bit of a perspective on a lot of various kinds of discrimination people face.

The test makes a lot of highly offensive assumptions. Like if you are white you are privileged even if you are dirt poor and never benefited from the "system". It's just the same old culture war thing that only serves to divide.

It’s clearly not refined at all the test. There were like 10 questions about sexuality there were basically in the same ball park.

I wouldn’t say it’s the same old culture war though. I think people don’t give a shit about a quiz like that at all.
I feel some of the content in the quiz could be useful if used in a different kind of content.

It’s good to see how other people are discriminated against. It’s gives perspective and makes it easier to emphasise with people.

I also think it’s wildly difficult to talk about privilege between countries. There’s way less of a problem with this in me and Thimmy’s countries which can make the white privilege discourse seem like an attack. But that discourse is not meant for us entirely, as we have pretty much equal society where it’s actual possible to break the social heritage.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:30 pm

I didn't tak shit about you personally, I just said I know who I'm dealing with if someone says they took the effort and sacrificed their free time to take a Buzzfeed survey or quiz on the topic of privilege or any Buzzfeed quiz for that matter.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Myesyats wrote:I didn't tak shit about you personally, I just said I know who I'm dealing with if someone says they took the effort and sacrificed their free time to take a Buzzfeed survey or quiz on the topic of privilege or any Buzzfeed quiz for that matter.

Drunk adults? Mainly there I’ve seen them taken
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:44 pm

I wrote a long reply on my phone, but then the log-in timed out and the entire message was apparently erased. Will respond when I get home tonight. I took the test, scored 70.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:47 pm

That's true BC. If you're born dirt poor, even white, you're facing an upward battle in life.

You're still privileged compared to someone who is black but dirt poor, though
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:09 pm

CBarca wrote:That's true BC. If you're born dirt poor, even white, you're facing an upward battle in life.

You’d also score extremely low in the quiz if that were the case and be deemed not privileged
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:37 pm

43/100. Not privileged, fucking duh. Also, this was clearly geared to Americans and a very loaded questionnaire. Loved it.

"You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it." I really wouldn't say complicated or intersectional at all but sure, I was reminded quite a bit of my complexion lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Freeza wrote:
CBarca wrote:That's true BC. If you're born dirt poor, even white, you're facing an upward battle in life.

You’d also score extremely low in the quiz if that were the case and be deemed not privileged

i read the first 20 questions or so and they were all about how white you were... Doubt that would be the case

Edit: filled it out from the perspective of a poor, white, hetero, Christian, non addicted person and got the following:

You live with 65 out of 100 points of privilege.

You're quite privileged. You've had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don't have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:53 pm

I'd like to note that I never gave my stamp of approval to this quiz

I just argued that, at least in the USA, the concept of privilege as it applies to race doesn't simply disappear because you're poor.

It's arguable and in fact I would agree with someone that said that if you were born dirt poor that you don't have much privilege compared to anyone, regardless of race. Yeah, I would agree. But again, I would still argue that being dirt poor and white is a much better life than dirt poor and black. If that's the case, there is still some semblance of privilege as it relates to race, even if poor.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next