titosantill
VanDeezNuts
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Thimmy
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Varane is the best defender of 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: Varane is the best defender of 2018

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:
The level of the EPL until recently was all hype imo.  Past 2-3 years, it has raised itself quite a bit.

Dude, when Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard etc were in their prime, English teams provided 75% of the CL semifinalists, while Real Madrid couldn't get past the last 16.
You talk about levels and then you come with National Team performances, I mean I know WHY you do that Laughing , but it's completely evident that international level is nowhere near club level, not even comparable.

Schürrle assisted a World Cup final winning goal, my friend, THAT'S how highly I rate your French NT players if all you want to invoke here is NT football

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Varane is the best defender of 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: Varane is the best defender of 2018

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Doc wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Vidic was the boss...so was Evra.  Rio was good but he benefited immensely from how good those others were.

As far as opinions go, this one is definitely top 5 in questionable stuff. Rio and Vidic complimented each other extremely well but they were both world class defenders in their own right. Rio benefited from having a CB partner that was as good as him, I agree, but he was always a fantastic CB.

You sure you not confusing him with his brother?

I compliment you extremely well tbh.
Rio and Vidic on the other hand complemented each other IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:44 pm

Varane was amazing last season, both in CL and WC no doubt and probably my best defenders for 2018 but Marcelo was terrifying for any Madrid non sympathiser. Absolutely dreaded the guy. Am sure my fellow cules share the same opinion.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Doc wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Vidic was the boss...so was Evra.  Rio was good but he benefited immensely from how good those others were.

As far as opinions go, this one is definitely top 5 in questionable stuff. Rio and Vidic complimented each other extremely well but they were both world class defenders in their own right. Rio benefited from having a CB partner that was as good as him, I agree, but he was always a fantastic CB.

Doc is good gay, so allow it.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:31 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Doc wrote:

You're well gay, tbh, while @Doc is a good guy IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

You're well gay, tbh, while @Doc is a good guy IMO
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Good and gay, I mean, why not yes.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:19 pm

I also still think Sports is talking about Rio's brother.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2