futbol
Firenze
Lucifer
Art Morte
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Domestic cups

Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_lcap0%Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_lcap40%Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_lcap13%Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_lcap7%Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_lcap33%Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_lcap7%Do you really care about domestic cups? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Do you really care about domestic cups? Empty Do you really care about domestic cups?

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:50 pm

I lost all interest in the English League Cup years ago, but I've realized that I don't really care about the FA cup any longer, either. It's the domestic league where honour and glory really is found and even the FA cup has started to feel like a needless side product to me.

What do you think about domestic cup competitions and do you really care how your team does in them?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Do you really care about domestic cups? Empty Re: Do you really care about domestic cups?

Post by Lucifer Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Depends on who wins.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Do you really care about domestic cups? Empty Re: Do you really care about domestic cups?

Post by Firenze Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:07 pm

I don't give a flying fuck about the League Cup/Haribo Cup

I give little fucks about the FA Cup

however I figure that's because throughout my 20+ years of watching football I'm accustomed to supporting a team that's used to winning the biggest trophies..if I were a fan of a team in a huge trophy drought or something I imagine I'd feel differently

I should really respect the little trophies more considering how I ran with the Treble of Sadness nonsense for an entire season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Only when it's part of the treble.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Don't care about winning the league cup.

Now FA Cup, of course it's below winning the CL and domestic league but it's still a big trophy for me.

People use it alongside other trophies to determine the success of a football club so it's important for me that my team wins it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 pm

It depends on seasons.
If you haven't won a single cup for years, you feel it as important.
I desire it ardently now.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:47 pm

I don't give a rat's ass about the Coppa Italia, in fact i wish we weren't in it every year, the scheduling gets archaic in January, playing 3 games a week.

National cup games/ International weeks are like the modern day sections of Assasin's Creed games, you just dread it and wanna get back into the Animus.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:11 pm

I care only trebles. :coffee:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Worthless tin.

Do you really care about domestic cups? 20110602dasdaiftb_25

Least they could do in Spain is make it a one leg tie.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:25 pm

It's quite sad how most fans see it these days.

There were thoroughly important when i was young, hell I'd even make the argument that league titles feel significantly less meaningful as well.

I don't blame them though, everyone has been conditioned to think that only the CL and WC really actually matters by the players and the clubs. If they feel that way then the fans will obviously follow suit.

It's probably another example of how money has impacted the game negatively, why try and win a trophy when you can earn 100s of millions through TV money? It's sad but it's how things seem to be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Lucifer had the correct answer. Depends on who wins it. And Urban's answer is proof of that. FA Cup is a cup arsenal actually have a chance at and do pretty well in, therefore it is important :coffee:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Almost completely worthless. Almost because it becomes meaningful when you already have the double and the cup is the only thing separating you from the treble. But other than that, it's worthless.

I remember when we won the cup in 2011, while Barcelona won the double. It felt worse than finishing trophyless.

The league and the CL are the two trophies you wanna have. And if I had to rank them from most to least important, I would go like this:

1. The CL.
2. the league
The worthless cup.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:04 pm

I dont care for it......BUT, I disagree with part of demons point. Whilst I dont care for it, barcelona would have won a treble that year in 2011, and would have eliminated us in all 3 cups. Also the rivalry especially then, was too intense . They ended up winning a treble again later. But yeah I could care less about cdr. Unless the final is against barcelona, then I care a bit

@greatleader, the last cup that was really important was the fa cup because of the rivalries and how the fa has marketed their products. That said, I would still place domestic cups ahead of world club cups and super cups. And would place domestic cups below Europa league
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:24 pm

And you should care for it, it's the only legit titulero you've won the last decade.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:31 pm

If there is a Madrid-Barca final in the CdR the players give their all and it means a lot.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Harmonica wrote:And you should care for it, it's the only legit titulero you've won the last decade.

Lmao take that up with florentino and the corrupt Argentine FA, I'm only a fan
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:16 pm

When you support a club that hasn't won any silverware in 10 years, the answer at this point is yes.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:17 pm

Coppa Italia i want to win it but i don't care if we lose. Our pattern usually involves playing just Serie A clubs anyway, we enter the competition too late.

Supercoppa is a pointless joke.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:17 pm

Myesyats wrote:If there is a Madrid-Barca final in the CdR the players give their all and it means a lot.

Okay well that's a good point, if it's Liverpool v Everton or United in the FA cup final then it does matter to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:05 pm

My first trophy was UEFA Cup 1998.
After I saw no trophies for 7 years, a Scudetto lost on last matchday.... i was back to victory thanks to Coppa Italia 2005. and in fact I consider It as One of most beautiful moments. I did not care It was just a National Cup, It was a Cup. It Is what gives sense to seasons.
After It, I 've won other 3 Coppa Italia , I didn't feel same taste because if you are used to win It Is different, but I liked It.
Now.... It'd be such as 2005.
I celebrated It much and I don't believe it'd be provinciale.
Coppa Italia is my main desire for next year. So It sounds to me weird this general tendency, also by Milan fans who have similar nothingness as us in last years
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 pm

McLewis wrote:When you support a club that hasn't won any silverware in 10 years, the answer at this point is yes.

Pretty much this.

Most people here will say they don't matter because we support the best clubs who typically challenge for bigger honours. They're used to seeing their clubs treat these trophies as not important. That attitude filters down to the fans.

But when you're not winning the big trophies regularly, domestic cups are fun. Watching Arsenal lift the FA Cup in 2014 was the first trophy I'd see them lift in 10 years. The semi-final vs Wigan and the final vs Hull were two of the most tense and emotional matches I had experienced as a supporter. I still go back and watch highlights of that final (and the 2015 final, and the 2017 final...). By contrast, watching us get smashed by City in the Carabao Cup final last season sucked. It's not the most important trophy around, but once you're in that final, you want to win it.

Putting my Sevilla hat on for a moment - there's no way they're winning La Liga any time soon, so the rare Copa del Rey final is really important for them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's quite sad how most fans see it these days.

There were thoroughly important when i was young

You're 28? My friend, you're still young Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:50 am

Doesn't feel like it sometimes Laughing

But in general i more meant when i was like 10 lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:58 am

I actually like the Copa Del Rey especially (and primarily) when someone other than those two can win it. I also like the FA Cup just to see how far non PL sides can make it. And watching certain teams focus on it when they can't win any other trophy.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:11 am

It all depends on the context for me (completing a treble, rivalry final, or an unexpected team in the final), but 9 times out of 10 it's pretty useless.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next