iftikhar
Kaladin
sportsczy
Collblanc
58 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Vote_lcap47% Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 9 ]
 Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Vote_lcap53% Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 19

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:12 pm

His arms aren't spread out though. You jump with your arms slightly out, that's a natural motion.

It gets even worse when you factor in the speed of the ball coming at the player. There is certainly no intention there. So the only arguable piece is that the player is attempting to make himself bigger and I don't buy it.

I don't want to watch football where defenders have to tuck their arms in the entire time they defend. I already get pissed off enough that it happens so much. Not to mention the amount of people who say stupid shit like "it should be an automatic handball if it touches someone's hand/arm even if it's not deliberate".

I understand that there is some grey area so it's not dumb to think it's a penalty, but for me it's never a penalty. Refs and VAR have messed up here on the largest stage.

Why did they even look at it? It's not a clear and obvious error.

The implementation of VAR has been incredibly erratic and it's really starting to grate on me even if I like it overall.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Just watched the incident and it's a clear handball. His arm is away from his body, making himself bigger, while jumping in to block a shot / cross. You simply cannot allow that, otherwise every defender becomes a second goalkeeper, too.
hands were moving towards body and not the ball. don't see how you can read intent in that.

Intent... So if that happened on the goalline and denied a goal it still would be fine? Every defender can now try to block shots with back-to-the-ball jumps as long as their arms are moving towards their body It's a clear handball. simple.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:15 pm

Guys you're ignoring one important factor, it's PSG who it happened too so the ref made the right decision.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:15 pm

Anyone else saw this? Laughing

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Captur11
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:15 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote: Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Dev70w

lmaoo Michael Owen is a proper numpty

unwelcome at Liverpool and United, man looking like an English Sportsczy

He's unwelcome everywhere Laughing Every fan base literally hates him.

Imagine living that life.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote: Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Dev70w

lmaoo Michael Owen is a proper numpty

unwelcome at Liverpool and United, man looking like an English Sportsczy

He's unwelcome everywhere Laughing Every fan base literally hates him.

Imagine living that life.
multi millionaire young fit healthy good looking with a hot wife and trophies in the bank. yes imagine living that life. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:
rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Tonight isn't the night for facts IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tonight isn't the night for facts IMO.
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Just watched the incident and it's a clear handball. His arm is away from his body, making himself bigger, while jumping in to block a shot / cross. You simply cannot allow that, otherwise every defender becomes a second goalkeeper, too.
hands were moving towards body and not the ball. don't see how you can read intent in that.

Intent... So if that happened on the goalline and denied a goal it still would be fine? Every defender can now try to block shots with back-to-the-ball jumps as long as their arms are moving towards their body It's a clear handball. simple.
back to the wall jumps were never banned and have been around forever. not sure why you're acting like this is something new.

I think according to the letter of the law the ref had enough to decide for a pen, but if he hadn't no one would be crying about it. Most people find the pen fundamentally unfair if maybe lawful, doesn't that say something about it?

These laws need to be revised with VAR around anyways, it's way easier to get a pen nowadays and it's kind of ruining the game, especially for knock-off competitions (see WC).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Anyone else saw this? Laughing

neymar
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:21 pm

rofl It gets better LMAO
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Guys you're ignoring one important factor, it's PSG who it happened too so the ref made the right decision.

I thought this was fking understood but nah, men wanna be all about rules and shit. It's PSG ffs. It was the correct call and they lost to Chong, Dalot and Greenwood.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:22 pm

the best 2 consecutive nights in the history of football. Can't make this up even in FIFA 19
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Gonna warn all of you, I'm gonna use that picture of Neymar for anything. You were warned.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:23 pm

I've already bookmarked it lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:Anyone else saw this? Laughing

neymar

neymar
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:25 pm

best night on GL ever ffs cheers cheers cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:26 pm

I agree BC.

The refs can see VAR in slow motion, no?

That NEEDS to go. The center ref should ONLY be allowed to see the play at the speed that it happened. To have another eye on something he previously saw.

If it's true they can watch in slow motion, to me that's the only reason this is called. Things look a lot more intentional in slow motion. In fact, I recall people saying Otamendi had handled on purpose, even when he was pulling his hand towards his body! In slow motion, you could almost convince yourself he had put his arm out to block, only to pull it back in and make it seem unintentional. In reality, it's never like that.

Does anyone have an answer for why it was even reviewed? Again, this is not a clear and obvious error.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:29 pm

CBarca wrote:I agree BC.

That NEEDS to go. The center ref should ONLY be allowed to see the play at the speed that it happened. To have another eye on something he previously saw.

If it's true they can watch in slow motion, to me that's the only reason this is called. Things look a lot more intentional in slow motion. In fact, I recall people saying Otamendi had handled on purpose, even when he was pulling his hand towards his body! In slow motion, you could almost convince yourself he had put his arm out to block, only to pull it back in and make it seem unintentional. In reality, it's never like that.

Does anyone have an answer for why it was even reviewed? Again, this is not a clear and obvious error.

get out of this thread. NOW neymar
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm

CBarca wrote:I agree BC.

dude PSG are out. do what the rest of us are doing and play with your dick. its what the rest of us are doing cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 pm

From my viewing @cBarca, no one made any appeals after the shot deflected. In fact, they were gonna take the corner as normal. Then the ref stopped play and went to the sideline which the broadcast said "potential penalty VAR review" and we all saw the incident. In all honesty, shocked it was given since it really wasn't a cut and dry PK call but it is PSG and since it is them, correct call. Stonewall PK.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Doc wrote:Gonna warn all of you, I'm gonna use that picture of Neymar for anything. You were warned.

Round of 16 - Manchester United vs PSG - Page 20 Ezgif-4-15575a35c4e7

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:35 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Doc wrote:Gonna warn all of you, I'm gonna use that picture of Neymar for anything. You were warned.

rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Maradona has the grace of Goethe in comparison
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next