Hapless_Hans
35 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Niko Kovac Sack Watch - Page 7 Empty Re: Niko Kovac Sack Watch

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:You don't need to tell me Laughing at one point he turned down Pele. Did he mention that? Maybe not yet but he will soon.....

The hell are you talking about?

Wenger has never claimed to have turned down Messi or  Ronaldo or someone close to that caliber. He has said that he was close to signing them which is a fact, Ronaldo himself spoke about it as did Mendes, his agent. We’ve all seen the pics of Yaya Toure/Ibrahimovic in Arsenal gear.

The same is true about the jobs he refused while he was Arsenal manager, I think it was Hoeneß who talked in length about the time when they wanted Wenger at Bayern. I see no reason to not believe that Real Madrid wanted Wenger at the time either, Real Madrid were a mess and Wenger was one of the hottest manager in the mid 00’s.

Figure of speech. Wenger is known for making these statements like I nearly signed such and such player. It has become a joke now. Hence my Pele reference. I have no doubt in my mind that we were after Wenger at some point in his career but that wasn't the point I was making. It was in a response to someone who said it's disrespectful for Bayern to air in public the fact that he contacted them and they refused. He has done and still does it all the time so I don't feel like it is disrespectful for Bayern to do it in this instance. As for an exact list of which players he nearly signed, i have lost count so dont keep a tab anymore. He's almost signed the whole football world

Wenger didn’t say that it was disrespectful did he, it was some users on the Internet who are trying to get a reaction from another user. So I don’t see why you needed to take these shots at Wenger instead of the people who actually said that it was disrespectful. You are taking offense on something he never did/said.

You seem to have some kind of resentment for Wenger, which is strange because Wenger has always been a respectful man. If he “almost signed the whole football world” then it’s probably because be almost did, he was in the game for a long time and he must’ve been refused / or has refused a lot of players in his career.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:00 pm

Oh for the love of God. If anyone is being sensitive it is you. I have nothing against Wenger, in fact the last time I posted anything about him was when he left Arsenal. I have no opinion of him, I don't support Arsenal/Bayern so couldn't care less what he's up to as long as he's never becoming our manager.

Let me rehash:

Poster 1: It is disrespectful for Bayern to publicly say he wants to coach Bayern but they turned him down
Me: I disagree, what goes around comes around. Wenger does it himself therefore in this instance it being done to him is justified

Everything else I and others have said about him is also true. No need to be defensive about that. Its not only a joke on GL but a worldwide meme. Everyone knows Wenger has nearly signed most footballers (whether true or not) it's become a little joke. I am not being a hater for saying that. Come off it yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and said he nearly signed MBappe when he was a boy, its inevitable, I am waiting eagerly for the next name drop
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:58 am

I am just proud that Urban is defending Wenger again, it's been a while.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:47 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Oh for the love of God. If anyone is being sensitive it is you. I have nothing against Wenger, in fact the last time I posted anything about him was when he left Arsenal. I have no opinion of him, I don't support Arsenal/Bayern so couldn't care less what he's up to as long as he's never becoming our manager.

Let me rehash:

Poster 1: It is disrespectful for Bayern to publicly say he wants to coach Bayern but they turned him down
Me: I disagree, what goes around comes around. Wenger does it himself therefore in this instance it being done to him is justified

Everything else I and others have said about him is also true. No need to be defensive about that. Its not only a joke on GL but a worldwide meme. Everyone knows Wenger has nearly signed most footballers (whether true or not) it's become a little joke. I am not being a hater for saying that. Come off it yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and said he nearly signed MBappe when he was a boy, its inevitable,  I am waiting eagerly for the next name drop

The meme is “he almost signed everyone” not “he arrogantly refused everyone” which is what you tried to make it be. So your “what goes around comes around” doesn’t make sense really. FWIW I agree with you that it was not disrespectful for Bayern to come out and squash the rumours.

As for Mbappe, Wenger has already almost signed him, as confirmed by Mbappe himself Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:15 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:You know what that shows? GL doesn't discriminate and hate Bayern regardless of whether or not they hire Wenger.

Count me out, I love Bayern Munchen.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Wenger just answers Richard Keys's question on the Bayern job.

Wenger effectively says he was approached but not in the running for the job thus rules it out. His ringing phone interrupts further questions and to his favour given how uncomfortable he already looked.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Niko Kovac Sack Watch - Page 7 Conf-une-1
They were about thirty journalists, due to health restrictions, present at the press conference to present Niko Kovac, the new manager of AS Monaco, at the Hotel Fairmont. Accompanied for the occasion by the Vice-President and CEO, Oleg Petrov, as well as Paul Mitchell, the Sporting Director, face masks on for their arrival, the former Bayern Munich manager was quick to receive praise before his first press conference.

“We are very happy to present to you today our coach, Niko Kovac. The arrival of Niko is a strong choice; it demonstrates our ambition. It also demonstrates our willingness to do our utmost to achieve our goal: to make AS Monaco a successful club,” said Oleg Petrov, during his keynote speech, delivered in French.

https://www.asmonaco.com/en/oleg-petrov-larrivee-de-niko-demontre-notre-ambition/
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:11 am

That's a team more his level.

I called him out as a Bayern flop from the early days. Reading back my older posts I really did get it spot on wow.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 am

Poor Monaco
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:27 pm

Casciavit wrote:That's a team more his level.

I called him out as a Bayern flop from the early days. Reading back my older posts I really did get it spot on wow.

Not really.
You were spot on in predicting Kovac's capabilities and limitations, but you couldn't have been more wrong about Bayern's motives and goals in hiring him.

You claimed Bayern hired him to play more reactive underdog football in CL knockout stages, when in fact, Kovac was fired because he took a reactive underdog football approach (not only, but most prominently) in CL knockout stages.

All of Rummenigge, Brazzo, and key players were deeply and vocally dissatisfied with the reactive and defensive approach Kovac displayed vs Liverpool, which basically broke Kovac's neck at Bayern even if they kept him around another half year
Rummenigge in particular dressed him down publicly several times and emphasized that FC Bayern DNA means dominance, attacking and possession football.

And that's why I disagreed so strongly with your analysis back then.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7