Cruijf
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
58 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:54 am

Was it claimed he made a 300k payment to her for her silence? If so, that payment should be easy enough to investigate. If he did pay her, then it's going to start looking bad for CR. As in "why would you pay that kind of money to a one night stand?"

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Art Morte wrote:Was it claimed he made a 300k payment to her for her silence? If so, that payment should be easy enough to investigate. If he did pay her, then it's going to start looking bad for CR. As in "why would you pay that kind of money to a one night stand?"

That was the settlement fee, I believe - or whatever it's called. Can't remember the right legal term for it, I'm sure Freeza will correct me. She's found a new lawyer since then, and that lawyer claims that the former settlement should be annulled because she wasn't mentally stable enough to make rational decisions then.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Was it claimed he made a 300k payment to her for her silence? If so, that payment should be easy enough to investigate. If he did pay her, then it's going to start looking bad for CR. As in "why would you pay that kind of money to a one night stand?"

That was the settlement fee, I believe - or whatever it's called. Can't remember the right legal term for it, I'm sure Freeza will correct me. She's found a new lawyer since then, and that lawyer claims that the former settlement should be annulled because she wasn't mentally stable enough to make rational decisions then.

Which is code for he thinks he can null the agreement and end up with more cash -> do not confuse this with a criminal trial because that time has probably long past

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Luca wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Which is code for he thinks he can null the agreement and end up with more cash -> do not confuse this with a criminal trial because that time has probably long past
I think from the outside looking in it's hard to measure the trauma victims from sex offense suffer with money.

I think a strong aspect of their "recovery" is to publicly speak the truth of what happens, and to just denounce the offender.

I dont know if this is about getting more money, i think this is about a woman, if her allegations are true, that feels the need to speak her truth because of a trauma she suffered and which has not gone away. I would imagine it's quite shocking to live your life PTSD while you see your rapist walking around, making money hand over fist and being loved by people who dont know it. While i dont want to underestimate woman's willingness to get in the limelight in the US, i think this is secondary to what is happening. The political and social context in the US today really favours sex victims, they tend to be believed and listened to, specially when their claims is against men of power. Cosby was sentenced to jail his week, Kavanaugh is going to be investigated by the FBI as well, etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:29 pm

Says it's difficult to measure trauma from the outside looking in -> proceeds to measure the trauma from the outside looking in

#nickthings

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:36 pm

His lawyers have come out saying there are no allegations and there is no case. Everything stems from a random report which has no authenticity.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:His lawyers have come out saying there are no allegations and there is no case. Everything stems from a random report which has no authenticity.

Shocking

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:51 pm

http://www.spiegel.de/media/media-43488.pdf
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:52 pm

^ Link to the lawsuit (why can't we edit using the mobile version ffs)
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Seems like he really took the Kobe Bryant comparison to heart. Both are going to be tainted for a long time for these actions, and make it hard for fans to deal with it.

Can’t imagine how it must feel to see your potential abuser be lauded constantly. I was bullied a lot growing up, which is a much smaller thing that this, and it’s still f’ed me up on a lot of levels.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:04 pm

I don't understand why this doesn't get its own thread. It brings more attention to the topic for those who lurk/doesn't read every thread (especially when this thread comes off as blatantly troll)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Think he's in serious trouble. Uncle Flo knew when to get rid.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Wow, this is really bad

I don't understand, why is this not huge news everywhere? Ronaldo is one of the biggest athletes in the world
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:57 pm

CBarca wrote:Wow, this is really bad

I don't understand, why is this not huge news everywhere? Ronaldo is one of the biggest athletes in the world

Because there seems to be serious doubt right now whether this is a genuine claim or some unstable person going after him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:32 pm

RealGunner wrote:

looooooooool

surprised no one has made a gl version of this yet
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Just seems to me, based on some of the facts uncovered by the statement of case, and the validity of the paper that's reporting it, that this would be spreading farther and faster than it is.

1) The woman obtaining evidence of rape shortly after (which were positive for the claim) (2) Ronaldo admitting that he had intercourse with her, that she was laying on the bed and he "went from behind" including admitting her "saying no and stop several times" (he does deny anal penetration and says the injuries are from someone else). (3) Gave her $375,000 to drop it as well as hiring a team to uncover information about the woman in an attempt to destroy her in case she went public

There is probably more physical evidence that could be uncovered to make it more blatant (or not), but damn if that's not kinda damning for Ronaldo on the face of it.

Guess we'll find out more in due time
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:36 pm

No one ever believes rape victims. That's why it's not a bigger story.

Well, maybe that's not true. After watching the Kavanaugh hearings it's clear everyone believes them. They just don't care. Women deserve to be raped, especially if they've consumed alcohol.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Art Morte wrote:
CBarca wrote:Wow, this is really bad

Because there seems to be serious doubt right now whether this is a genuine claim or some unstable person going after him.  

I don't believe anything until more facts come out, but I think this would have gotten more attention if suing celebrities for rape or sexual misconduct several years after the fact wasn't such a relatively common thing, these days. I don't really keep track, but off the top of my head, comedian, TJ Miller as well as pretty boy singers, Justin Bieber and Nick Carter were all accused of rape in recent years. I'm sure there are a lot more cases like these that don't create much media attention, since it's so easy and convenient to sue people in the US.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Freeza wrote:No one ever believes rape victims. That's why it's not a bigger story.

Well, maybe that's not true. After watching the Kavanaugh hearings it's clear everyone believes them. They just don't care. Women deserve to be raped, especially if they've consumed alcohol.

Now, you're just being melodramatic.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:52 pm

tbh some of these rape cases must be so hard for the police to investigate without any physical evidence. on the one hand you dont want to tell the victim you dont believe her and on the other hand you cant just jail someone for 10 years on the say so of another person. i wouldnt like to be the police in this situation. sometimes they look at the background of the victim and the accused and make a judgment from that and that is totally wrong imo. i wouldnt like to be the one incharge of cases like that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 pm

this is not just a random accusation though THimmy, it's one that is documented with police report, medical exam, lawyer's questionnaire with conflicting answers from Ronaldo, payment, , etc... what kind of proof fo you want? a video?

this is about as good as it gets with this type of cases
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 pm

She actually did go to the police and the hospital the day after and told them it was cr7. She was treated in the hospital for something apparently. I'm guessing he damaged her anus, because he did it forcibly and without lubricants.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:58 pm

if thats true why the hell didnt ronaldo get arrested then and there. Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:this is not just a random accusation though THimmy, it's one that is documented with police report, medical exam, lawyer's questionnaire with conflicting answers from Ronaldo, payment, , etc... what kind of proof fo you want? a video?

You make it sound as if I don't want him to be convicted of rape. If he's guilty, obviously, I hope he suffers as much as possible for it. Similar evidence has been provided in several other cases of sexual misconduct allegedly committed by celebrities. A lot of the time, the celebrity actually had intercourse with the victim, like in Kobe Bryant's case.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Unique wrote:if thats true why the hell didnt ronaldo get arrested then and there. Shocked

Thimmy might say I'm melodramatic. But I'm not wrong.

There's hardly ever done anything about rapes. Especially not with athletes.

Look at that Brock Turner dude who was convicted of rape. He got six f'ing months...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:this is not just a random accusation though THimmy, it's one that is documented with police report, medical exam, lawyer's questionnaire with conflicting answers from Ronaldo, payment, , etc... what kind of proof fo you want? a video?

You make it sound as if I don't want him to be convicted of rape. If he's guilty, obviously, I hope he suffers as much as possible for it. Similar evidence has been provided in several other cases of sexual misconduct allegedly committed by celebrities. A lot of the time, the celebrity actually had intercourse with the victim, like in Kobe Bryant's case.

Also I'm the biggest Kobe Bryant fan on here for basketball reasons. But I can't exactly see how there's conclusive evidence that he didn't rape her. Even his statement about the whole thing doesn't seem good today.

It's basically "I felt it was consensual, and she didn't, and I'm sorry for making her feel that way"
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next