BarrileteCosmico
El Gunner
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fifa The Best 2018 - Page 4 Empty Re: Fifa The Best 2018

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:02 am

Atletico Madrid were relatively underwhelming last season, as well. And they still managed to place 2nd in the league, no less than 14 points behind Barcelona. No one's harping on Messi's talent, or lack thereof. We all know how talented he is, but I don't think his level of talent always translates into an equal level of performance. I don't know about you, Barca fans, but if he had been a Real Madrid player, I'd much rather prefer if he stepped up his game in the face of adversity, as opposed to stomping league teams that his team are expected to beat, with or without him. One could argue that he almost single-handedly destroyed Chelsea last season, but I saw a game that Barca looked bound to win eventually, and as much as I hate to say it, a goalkeeper who fell for the same trick twice, and generally looked about as concussed as Loris Karius did in the same tournament.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:35 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Are those numbers supposed to mean anything, beyond the fact that La Liga was a one horse race that Barcelona dominated last season?

And why did they dominate? Because of Messi, right?

Nope. It was more down to Madrid being shit than Barcelona or Messi being dominate. Let me remind you that Madrid were out of the title race in October. That's your direct rival crashing out before the season even begun. Let's not kid ourselves here and pretend that Barcelona and Messi had to overcome a mammoth task to win the league.

It was one of the easiest one-horse title races to win in La Liga history, and it was won by one of the worst Barcelona sides in recent years. That should tell you how crappy your competitions were last season.

Your comment make no sense. How is Real Madrid going to win la liga last season? only way to do is go unbeaten season and thats not going to happen, even with your best ever squad( I believe that last season starting 11 was one of your best ever, and tbh only suitable for 10-15 games in a tournament rather than 38 games.). So what ever level Madrid was playing in la liga is irreverent. simply because even if you play to another level you had to win all 38 games to win la liga.
Last season in laliga barcelona was simply godly doesn't matter what ever you say. By no means it was worst barca team of recent  with the talent of Messi, Suarez ,Coutinhio Busquets etc.. if anything they hugely under performed in UCL. Messi under performed in UCL too.
Barca was so good because of Meesi, as soon as he didn't play one of the last game their unbeaten run ended.
IMO last season was Messi's best Laliga performance in term of wining and big game performance  not stats-wise. Without him No way Barca wining La liga last season, they would have been second to Atletico Madrid.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:02 pm

I mean when it comes down to it, when messi needed to perform or step up, he didnt do it. Its debatable about Ronaldo stepping up in the clutch if you look at the UCL semis and finals but he at least got his team past serie zzz in the quarters.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Ronaldo stepped up in my butt nothing else. Messi stepped up in more big games than him. If Messi was great because lack of competition then Flopnaldo is the reason for this. he flopped and couldnot give a competition to Messi. It goes both ways

Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:10 am

Amazing how Real fans will alternate between "our team is the best ever" and "we only lose to Barca because our team is trash" depending on which is convenient Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:43 am

Cruijf wrote:Amazing how Real fans will alternate between "our team is the best ever" and "we only lose to Barca because our team is trash" depending on which is convenient Laughing

Madrid lost the league in October. Fact.
Madrid had its worst league start to the season in its entire history last season. Fact.

By the 36th round, Barcelona were 18 points ahead of Madrid, something that no even prime Guardiola Barcelona could achieve (I think pep record was 15 if I'm not mistaken).

I'm not trying to belittle your title win, it was certainly deserved. But what I'm trying to say here is, what may be perceived as dominance to you may very well be a lack of motivation and perseverance from Madrid.

Barcelona of 2018 is not even as good as the shadow of prime Pep's Barcelona. Yet statistically speaking, they're up there with them, which goes to show that basing one's entire argument on statistics is an unsound approach.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:46 am

Also, Real fan, singular, only DoC brought it up and he usually explains his reasoning (and no, what Thimmy wrote doesn't count). I mean, you can literally count the Madrid fans that posted in this topic and what each wrote.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:16 am

Cruijf wrote:Amazing how Real fans will alternate between "our team is the best ever" and "we only lose to Barca because our team is trash" depending on which is convenient Laughing

I'm not one of the people who ever claimed that a specific Real Madrid team was, is, or has been "the best, ever". I don't pay much attention to such things.

"We only lose to Barca because our team is trash", is just you shoving words down our throats, in order to fit your narrative. Can't blame you for caring so much about Madrid matters, considering the current state of AC Milan.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:26 pm

More or less official that Modric will win the price hmm

Juvr have confirmed that Ronaldo will not attend the award ceremony........due to their game on Wednesday that everyone has

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Such a brat. Must be awful to share the dressing room with this guy
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:12 am

halamadrid2 wrote:More or less official that Modric will win the price hmm

Juvr have confirmed that Ronaldo will not attend the award ceremony........due to their game on Wednesday that everyone has

Anyone surprised? unbelievable shitty mentality. As i said he achieved more than his talent. All his goals etc is over flattered, he basically force his all team mate to pass to him , all penalty, free kick taken by him. 200 shots to score 20 goals etc, ultimate selfish player ever. doesn't care about any club. I simply don't understand how people support this guy who is opposite nature of this beautiful team game.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:40 am

Idris with the good old British humour. Nobody understands it at that event
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:52 am

Lol everyone calling Bales goal the best
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:54 am

Salahs goal won the puskas award
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 am

Dechamps wins coach of the year
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:04 am

I mean, I really like Salah's goal, but I think Bale's and Ronaldo's goals are better.

Congratulations to him anyway. It was a beautiful goal.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:24 am

That's what you ger when you let the fans vote. Egypt won this for Salah. It was such a generic goal no matter how beautiful yoi see those goals regularly. Bale's goal never gets scored and neither Ronaldos
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:27 am

Love Salah and that goal for us but definitely the most unimpressive goal win for the award I've seen in a long time as clearly some political motive behind it. Bale's goal at the stage it was in and acrobatics was far superior.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:30 am

Absolutely. This is the perfect example to show how unfair the result can be when you let the fans vote.

Bale and Ronaldo's goals are far, far better than Salah's. Congratulations to him, but those two deserve it more than him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:03 am

Luka has won the award. Watch out for Ronaldo's sister, agent, gardener and tailor to cry injustice.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:07 am

salah should not have won the best goal award. A similar goal was scored by LACA against Everton this weekend.

Clearly Ronaldo and Bale goals were much better.

Disappointed with FIFA Award this year.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 am

Modric speaking in Spanish to thank specifically RM. Nice, classy player. Now onto Bd'or
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 am

Also wtf are Alves and DDG doing in the world 11 :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:23 am

Arquitescu wrote:Love Salah and that goal for us but definitely the most unimpressive goal win for the award I've seen in a long time as clearly some political motive behind it. Bale's goal at the stage it was in and acrobatics was far superior.
bales goal was lucky thats why it didnt win. goals like that look spectacular but they are mostly down to luck thats why you dont see many of them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:30 am

Unique wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Love Salah and that goal for us but definitely the most unimpressive goal win for the award I've seen in a long time as clearly some political motive behind it. Bale's goal at the stage it was in and acrobatics was far superior.
bales goal was lucky thats why it didnt win. goals like that look spectacular but they are mostly down to luck thats why you dont see many of them.

Tbh i always thought most of this bicycle goal is mostly down to luck. if it was purely skill based many player with those skill would have scored more. eg. Ibra.
On the other hand dribbling goals are mostly skill based an should be nominated more.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
Unique wrote:

Tbh i always thought most of this bicycle goal is mostly down to luck. if it was purely skill based many player with those skill would have scored more. eg. Ibra.
On the other hand dribbling goals are mostly skill based an should be nominated more.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next