juvealbanian
zigra
sportsczy
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Man U fans:  New Pogba story - Page 2 Empty Re: Man U fans: New Pogba story

Post by rincon Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:27 pm

He was great against Bayern. I wasn't clear with the way I wrote that.

By scrub killer I didn't mean that he only showed up vs scrubs, but that he also showed up vs scrubs. Unlike what he is doing now.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 pm

He was terrible in the UCL final. Marchisio was our best player on the night.

In general, he was very hit and miss in CL for us apart from a few moments of individual quality (goal against Olympiakos for example where we were struggling badly)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:34 pm

BusterLfc wrote:What has Pogba actually done to be considered bigger than the manager? Laughing When he is playing for United he is walking on the pitch Messi-esque and not giving a *bleep*.
Pogba is not the main player of the team, he wasn't one at Juventus, he isn't one at United.

I agree with that and he will never be that type. Honestly, the pricetag came with massive expectations. He's performed well statistically at least. But it's not good enough for most. People are expecting him to be GOAT week in week out. I don't think he will ever be the main player or a leader.

I'm hoping the Fred signing, from what I know of his profile..will help him. But it honestly seems like a case of motivation under Mou being a massive issue for him and that's not gonna change unless he himself overcomes it or Mourinho is sacked. By that point it could be too late, at least for United fans. If what Sports said about Pogba being sat down by the team and changing over the tournament for the good of the team is true, maybe he has it in him to do it for United..but I'm skeptical, like Nick says..4 weeks is different than a full season. But it at least shows Maturity I thought he didn't have.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:27 pm

2 months... not 4 weeks.  And Deschamps didn't sit down with him individually.  He had all the players buy in.

Deschamps also handed Pogba the leadership of the team overtly.  So Pogba couldn't be the care free joker anymore.  He joked of course... a lot lol.  But he also knew that he now needed to lead by example.

Mourinho basically castrated Pogba... it's as if he has no idea how to deal with millenials.  You can't order today's kids.  You have to explain and convince them.  Mou doesnt do that.

It's not just Pogba btw...  Bailly, Herrera, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, etc.

Mourinho's ego can only handle "yes" men.  Pogba isn't an never will be a "yes" man.  Not his personality.  Most talented players aren't either.

Mourinho also doesn't have Pogba's trust at all.  He feels Mou stabs him in the back (and he does).  So he's not going to believe him at his point anyway.

Situation is hopeless imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:08 pm

https://twitter.com/FabioProd/status/1019317903324274688/video/1

He is saying: "We want to see warriors on the pitch. I don't want to go home tonight. We don't go home. All together. Warriors. We are going to kill those Argentines. Messi or not, we don't give a *bleep*, we will win this *bleep* World Cup"

This is the Pogba we want to see
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:You guys don't understand how toxic Mourinho is.

As an example... all the creative Madrid players HATED him as well as anyone with any personality. For Mourinho, everything has to be about him and he throws players under the bus when the team fails because of him and his shit personality.

The reason France was able to play the way they did and get all the players to buy in... especially Griezmann, Mbappe and Pogba... was that Deschamps made it about the players. In the documentary today, he told them that the games are about you (the players). If you (the players) listen to me and give everything, I will defend you against everything. MOST IMPORTANTLY, he told the forwards and Pogba... I will give you the liberty to do what you want going forward as long as you're keeping your defensive responsibilities.

He had players buy into his tactics. Zidane, as another example, did the same thing at Madrid.

At the end of the day, the manager's job is to get the best out his top players. Do you really believe the Mourinho gets the best out of his best players? Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Bailly, Herrera, etc.?

At Madrid, the guys that loved Mou were Arbeloa, Khedira and Varane. At Man U, Matic, Valencia, Young, Lingard, Fellaini, etc. Other than Varane and maybe Matic, do you consider any of the other guys as the top talents on the team?

Sounds about right... its stranges often though, in the past Mou did get some of the stars to perform, perhaps only for a certain amount of time after which if results/performances dips he loses everyone, but for example Sneijder, Eto'o, Ozil, Benzema, etc., he got them to work hard and really perform on the defend and counter attacking very well...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Paul would quicker rot on the bench before Jose gets fired. He simply does not have the clout at Utd or the PL to pull that sort of demanding. And if he leaves, the boys at Sky would run the mantra that Pogba failed in England, the supposed best league in the world.

Why did the decision makers at Utd thought having a man like Jose and a player like Pogba would be an excellent combo is stuff of mysteries.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2