The Madrid One
Harmonica
Firenze
Luca
Mr Nick09
37 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Varane is the best CB in the world and there is nothing you can say it about it - Page 2 Empty Re: Varane is the best CB in the world and there is nothing you can say it about it

Post by jibers Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:24 pm

He's a monster. Best CB in Europe along with Godin

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Varane is the best CB in the world and there is nothing you can say it about it - Page 2 Empty Re: Varane is the best CB in the world and there is nothing you can say it about it

Post by Unique Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 pm

futbol wrote:Yeah, "Messi of defenders, Ramos among the best, Modric best controller (2nd best player in the world), Marcelo best LB, Carvajal best RB."

You got to wonder how Madrid managed to concede 40+ goals more than Barca in the last 4 seasons considering what jokers we have at the back (Alba, Pique, S. Roberto). Laughing
you just ended this thread tbh Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Would take ½ of Maguire over Varane tbh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 am

terrance511 wrote:
futbol wrote:
zigra wrote:

The whole Barca team - from defense to attack - has been protected by Messi for the last decade or so.

Shame he can barely protect Argentina to get out of the groups in a low quality tournament like WC 18.

harmonica, u gonna let this slide?
I don't usually talk to trolls, deluded posters yes because I like to put them down. But trolls, no there's no point, this isn't the 2000's anymore.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:11 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:you take less goals because you play tiki taka, no thanks to your collective bunch of jabronis lol

The next time you inflict a burn of this magnitude, have the decency to provide the victim with the adequate cream to treat the irreversibly damaged area. Thank you.

weakest burn of all time lol

We haven't played 'tiki taka' since like 2013.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 am

possession %.  I bet you guys are well over 60% of and probably around 65% for the season.  So your defense has to defend less and are victims of fewer chances.

It's simple math.

At NT level, you're going to face a lot more chances AND strikers will get balls in less than ideal conditions...  NT teams just aren't well oiled machines like clubs.  So individual talent and adaptability is FAR FAR more emphasized at the NT level.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Quick check and we had an average possesion of 58% in La Liga last season whereas you had 56%.

Drastic difference! Sit down clowns....
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Only thing Varane hasn't won is the treble. Got a feeling he will someday.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:Quick check and we had an average possesion of 58% in La Liga last season whereas you had 56%.

Drastic difference! Sit down clowns....

That had to be the only time you were under 60% in the last 10 years....

It's also a factor of where the opposition possesses the ball. We sit lower so opponent possession in our half is going to be MUCH higher.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:23 pm

All this talk about ball possession, where the team sita etc etc... What do your eye balls tell you?

He's been a monster for years. He performed at peak abilities the end if this season for the WC. Currently the best
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:47 pm

BTW enjoy it while it lasts. Varane is all about pace more than his 1v1s and defending... But his defending is still good. But needs to evolve his game for it to be the best in his later years
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:27 pm

guest7 wrote:BTW enjoy it while it lasts. Varane is all about pace more than his 1v1s and defending... But his defending is still good. But needs to evolve his game for it to be the best in his later years

You mean a 25-year-old CB still has space to develop his game scratch

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Varane is not all about pace ffs.  What is wrong with you.  His lecture of the game is what everyone raves about...  it's the speed to go with that tactical awareness that makes him special. Do you know how many fouls he committed in the entire WC? 2..... TWO!

The knock on him was his ability to play rough and tough when needed. He's learned that... without fouling.

His nickname is "Don Limpio" at Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Well, I don’t disagree. His defending is good like I said but without his pace he won’t be the best. Of course being faster than any winger usually has that effect on any player lol.

I never called him the Jordi Alba of CBs. That’s a defender that is 100% about his pace. But right now it’s Varane’s prime and I’m saying enjoy it because one day we won’t have his pace and it will weaken him as a defender considerably alot

Last edited by guest7 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Maybe I'm too harsh, I've never seen someone own Varane 1v1, atleast my goldfish memory cant remember it right now. His weaknesses are more his leadership (remember how Juve destroyed us with 3 goals in Bernabeu without Ramos?) and his concentration in lower La Liga games... Seen him make some dumb mistakes in the past.

But his pace is such a big part of his defending. Believe me, I know the kid is humble right now but he is gonna have to be even more humble when his pace is gone because I've seen him own Messi so many times with raw pace alone
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm

I can say many things about it
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Juve didn't destroy Varane ffs... we were forced to play Llorente, who never played, and Lucas Vasquez was the RB due to injuries to both Carvajal and Nacho.  Casemiro completely missed his match.  

Two goals happened directly due to mistakes by Llorente and Modric was forced to play quasi RB to help Vasquez... so the middle of the park was completely open. Varane was covering a boulevard as he had to help Llorente AND try to help the raping that was happening to the right side of our defense.  

Dude come on.  I know you watched more carefully than that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:Juve didn't destroy Varane ffs... we were forced to play Llorente, who never played, and Lucas Vasquez was the RB due to injuries to both Carvajal and Nacho.  Casemiro completely missed his match.  

Two goals happened directly due to mistakes by Llorente and Modric was forced to play quasi RB to help Vasquez... so the middle of the park was completely open.  Varane was covering a boulevard as he had to help Llorente AND try to help the raping that was happening to the right side of our defense.    

I never claimed Juve destroyed Varane haha... Read it again. I said Juve destroyed US. And they did. 3 goals in the Bernabeu. And I agree, our midfield was a tactical mess. On top of that, Juve were abusing us with crosses to Madzukic since they knew our fullbacks are very weak and that will expose our midfield since they will try to help out. It was a great play on Allegri's part but Varane wasn't exactly flawless that game. He was missing Ramos leadership!

He is our 4th captain btw and since he came at 18 it's not farfetched that he will one day captain us too. But needs the same prescence Ramos has
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 am

Just to correct Sports, it was Vallejo, not Llorente who caused a serious imbalance in our centre of defense. Basically, he got roughed up by Wingzukic and co.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 am

sportsczy wrote:Juve didn't destroy Varane ffs... we were forced to play Llorente, who never played, and Lucas Vasquez was the RB due to injuries to both Carvajal and Nacho.  Casemiro completely missed his match.  

Two goals happened directly due to mistakes by Llorente and Modric was forced to play quasi RB to help Vasquez... so the middle of the park was completely open. Varane was covering a boulevard as he had to help Llorente AND try to help the raping that was happening to the right side of our defense.  

You're forgetting someone. A certain nice guy.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 am

That's right Valljo...  sorry Doc.  These guys played so little i forget their names lol.

Marcelo is course wasn't much help I might add.

Add to that, we had defensive stalwarts in CR and Benzema to help the midfield and wings. Isco tries hard enough... Asensio doesn't.

It was a complete shit show that game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 pm

https://twitter.com/Ultra_Suristic/status/1020350158004006913

Pogba calls Varane "Champions League Varane"

He is the only one on that team that has won a CL. Which isn't weird considering we're the only ones winning it nowadays :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:59 am

A Pace Merchant disguising as a Defender, Since day 1 never rated him.

Varane Without Goatmos in CL: Madrid 1-3 Juve; CSKA 1-0 Madrid; Madrid 1-4 Ajax
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:27 am

nasir6371 wrote:A Pace Merchant disguising as a Defender, Since day 1 never rated him.

Varane Without Goatmos in CL: Madrid 1-3 Juve; CSKA 1-0 Madrid; Madrid 1-4 Ajax

I can't tell if you're trolling, or not. Yes, it helps when Ramos is playing. He and Varane have a mutual understanding, which is the result of several years of playing together and creating a defensive partnership. Nacho and Varane don't, and Nacho hasn't been playing regularly for some time now. There's no Messi or Ronaldo of defenders, because defenders can't do everything on their own. They can't be in multiple places at the same time. It doesn't work that way.  I wouldn't trade Varane for any currently active defender. He's one of incredibly few players we have, who's at an age that's not too mature, nor inexperienced. If you can't see his quality, then that's fair, but don't tell me he's only a pace merchant Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:45 pm

But you can't deny the fact that he relies heavily on his physical god given talent that are pace and strength.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:19 pm

danyjr wrote:But you can't deny the fact that he relies heavily on his physical god given talent that are pace and strength.
like 99% center backs lol. Like being tall sturdy and strong isn't the bread and butter of centerbacks in Europe lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next