Doc
El Gunner
S
Onyx
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation - Page 4 Empty Re: GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation

Post by S Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:52 am

Getting rid of the Arsenal, Juve and Madrid sections would be too radical and I think having so many stickied threads would clutter the GS even more

I'm not down with this idea for now.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation - Page 4 Empty Re: GL Pre-Season improvements/Suggestions/Innovation

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Maybe have a subsection inside of the General Discussion for those active sections and all of these individual club threads ? I mean they would be subsections within a sub-section and then the non-active sections would just be threads.

for me it's not really about outright removing those sections but more having less clutter on the forums, I spend a lot of time in the hub and have to waste 0.1 seconds scrolling past dead club sections ffs it's depressing

I also think the forum needs a visual overhaul (not sure many others care about this) but it's probably too much effort but at least a nice minimalist dark theme (its 2018 ffs)

I always feel like it's 2005 when I visit the site
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 pm

I don't mind the sub-section idea(Xtratime style). You're right. That would be a decent compromise actually.

Remains to be seen whether RG is on board with this idea.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:08 pm

S wrote:Getting rid of the Arsenal, Juve and Madrid sections would be too radical and I think having so many stickied threads would clutter the GS even more

I'm not down with this idea for now.

Agree. The active club sections can stay. Arsenal, Barca, Juve, Chelsea, Madrid, Milan, Liverpool.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:16 pm

But why you guys absolutely want sticky threads instead of exterior sections ? It would bother even more

When you scroll down to go to Hub you come across club sections and their crests, some are active some are inactive but it looks like a real football forum, it's attractive. What's such a big deal so they must be deleted ?

And some would say i am preaching for my own parish, but Juve section has dozens of active threads in last months. And we say genuine opinions, not jokes and banters. It cannot be reduce to one thread.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm

I don't think they're suggesting removing all club sections, but condensing the inactive ones into stickies/one section instead of 5-6 could be something

I can only speak for the Juventus section but we have a handful of posters who more exclusively post in the club section as opposed to anything in the general section, I wouldn't want them to lose their place to post

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:26 pm

No need for sticky threads. People post and that way the threads stay on page 1 or 2. No problem?

@Hans Milan and Chelsea are dead actually. Sure someone might post there every once in a while but they are still dead. Combined 7 threads in which people posted this whole year.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Exactly Luca

Some posters are exclusive to club sections.

Guys like Salmano, Lucianomoggi, Andrew etc i see them very rarely in the general forum. But they write relevant posts in our section.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Removing those sections that are dead ia good idea not only because it is useless (and ugly , frankly) to keep a section just for a poster that should talk alone , but also because,moving the official thread on GS we may stimulate conversations with other "neutral" posters .On GS of course (and as I said, give honor to posters to open own thread), that " Rest of world" is another section thst should be abolished... otherwise it is useless lol
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Whatever happens, don't start messing with threads/subs that have lots of activity. The fact that they have activity should mean they are completely exempt from change. I.E don't mess with the hub because it works perfectly fine

Any dead/almost dead subs are fair game to do whatever you all decide is necessary. Active places should be untouched.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Agree with firenze about theme overhaul if admin can be bothered. Dark minimalist forums easy on the eyes >>>>>>
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:11 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RealGunner wrote:anything to add Hans?

give me a couple of hours to read back in this thread

one thing I can say right now though that there's no need to keep a whole Bayern section just for my sake

what I wonder though, what happens with the threads of a section that is scrapped? Do they go under General Football? Is content deleted?

RG screen prints every thread so he has his own personal record before we delete it.

It's a busy day for the GL office printer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am

I'm against stickied threads as well. I like that when I open a section I can immediately get a good idea of the latest and hottest topics. By those ones being at the top.

Maybe you could keep the club sections open, but anyway make "Club X '18-'19 discussion" threads in the General section and see what happens.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Not in favour of sticky threads either. Normal threads would be fine if it comes to that.

Regarding leaving some clubs (arsenal, juve, madrid etc) on and taking others off has a problem to it too. Imagine you come to GL and see about 4 club sections and a GS. What does that say to you?

In hindsight we should have never stuck with Vbulletin format and should have gone with league sections and then sub sections inside them since there was enough volume.

In any case. What's the solution to that problem?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Is it too late to adopt what you just suggested?: League sections with club sections nestled inside of them?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:09 pm

I think so.

We'll have the same issue but with extra click this time.

We can have an EPL section but what will be inside it? Just Arsenal, Liverpool and maybe Chelsea? That'd look odd. If we have others then they will be dead. Same with Serie A(Juve only) and La Liga(Barca n madrid).

The most optimal solution is still to have club dedicated threads in GS. But that brings back to the original issue I raised 2 posts back
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Dont want extra Click
scrolling on main page through club badges
that's the look of proper football forum

Keep all club sections
and hub section is good where it is
Pls keep Multimedia as well

New Forum skins would be nice for a change
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 pm

Sina wrote:Dont want extra Click
scrolling on main page through club badges
that's the look of proper  football forum

Keep all club sections
and hub section is good where it is
Pls keep Multimedia as well

Thumbs upThumbs up

Excellent post

Plus there already exists the "Calcio saga" where Serie A fans discuss, it gets thousands of posts each year. Same for every top league. Last year there was 2-3 threads specifically about Inter, many about Milan and the whomstd about Napoli. Really everything is fine as it is.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:22 pm

something is off with this page http://www.goallegacy.net/t41431p50-vinicius-jr

like the text is in italic, there is no menu for the quick reply section. the +1 system is all off. is anyone having the same issue?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:00 pm

yea i thought it was just me when i was in that thread

weird

hope someone fixes it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:03 pm

looks like its just on page 3

so it should be normal when it goes to page 4
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:18 pm

I say you actually get serious with the threats to Harmonica, Chad etc, then limit the overhyping of a certain Frenchman and limit the trolling of a few well known posters and we’ll be just fine!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:yea i thought it was just me when i was in that thread

weird

hope someone fixes it

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:50 am

I think the idea with club threads for the lesser popular clubs is fantastic btw
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Let's start with threads for Inter(robes) and Man United(Firenze, S) in the GS. I'll remove those sections.

Hans would you prefer a separate bayern thread or is bundesliga thread enough?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next