Mr Nick09
urbaNRoots
42 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sarri Sack Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Sarri Sack Watch

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Myesyats wrote:
danyjr wrote:How many of Chelsea players could get into City's team?

I reckon only Higuaín, Kanté and Hazard.

If you say Higuain then you also have to mention Azpi and Jorginho.

Naah Jorginho wouldn't cut it imho. I'm surprised by how slow he is. He excelled in Italy and their defensive minded, slower paced football. He just can't cope with the pace and physicality of EPL.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Kaladin wrote:Stop posting

Proud Proud Proud Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm

The lack of talent excuses is hilarious.

Their defence is solid usually, their midfield is good enough to compete (if anything it should be better than that )and with Higuain they have enough firepower.

What more do you really need to at least compete?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:47 pm

As always, the answer is somewhere in between.

Chelsea is a team that for the last decade has been built on defensive football. You can't expect Sarri to change the entire culture of a club right away. It was always going to be a bumpy process. In fact, I said in the summer that Chelsea will probably resemble closer to Arsenal in the sense that they'll be all style and no substance.

Right now there isn't either. Sarri and the players are both to blame.

I was reading earlier that Conte wanted like half the team to be replaced if he was to stay lmao. The team lacks quality. The players are overrated simple as.

-Marcos Alonso is shit.
-David Luiz has never performed well aside from when he was in a back 3.
-Azpi adds nothing to the attack.
-How long are we going to pretend to rate Kovacic? He's been around the scene since like 2011 and has yet to develop any kind of identity lmao. Fancy ball carrier.
-Willian and Pedro are both awful.

Not only are they overrated in terms of quality, but they also have an awful attitude that stems back to the Mourinho years. He couldn't motivate them, Conte couldn't motivate them after the first season, and Sarri complained about motivating them too.

These are three world-class coaches complaining about the same thing. The culture inside the club is awful.

Now I know Sarri was able to overachieve with Napoli with the likes of Callejon and Mertens, but again Sarri isn't in Serie A where Juve is the only team with the financial pull to compete. In the PL you literally have United, Liverpool, and City spending hundreds of millions each summer so they can win the PL. Midtable teams are spending 50M on players ffs.

The competition is simply greater, so you're gonna require better talent.

Now Sarri isn't blameless. Of course, he has to share the blame, especially if he's losing 6-0 (that's inexcusable). I mean everyone knew he was incredibly stubborn and fixed on his principles. This is where I laugh at those who called Pep inflexible. Pep in his first season was always trying different things. He played with a 4-3-3, 3-4-2-1, 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1 all in the attempt to find something that could stick. Sometimes he'd play a Fernando-Fernandinho double pivot, KDB on RW, Sane as a LWB, Kolarov at CB etc. Obviously, they didn't work out that well, but at least he was constantly tinkering in an effort to find a winning formula, so to speak.

Sarri, on the other hand, has just played a 4-3-3 with the same profiles of players. In fact, he's trying to copy his Napoli template with Chelsea, to the point he's even buying his old players. When you look at Chelsea's starting lineup it feels like he just switches who will play LCM and who will play RW lol. Aside from trying Hazard as a 9 because Morata is crap he hasn't changed much.

Now, I don't think there's much wrong with his football. Tbh, I don't even think he needs to change much in terms of the system. He just has to replace the profiles of the players like City did. Let's use Pep as an example. He had Alaba-Alonso-Lahm shielding his CB's. Look at who he has shielding his CB's at City lol... when all are fit it's Mendy-Fernandinho-Walker.

Those are completely different profiles to who he was using before. He adapted to the league and signed more PL-suited players (who can play his football). I think Sarri should do the same. Now the only question is whether Chelsea is willing to invest in another squad-building project.

Provided that Chelsea doesn't implode over the rest of the season. I think they should give him another chance next season. Give him financial support and give him another season to better implement his football. If you're getting 90 points with Napoli you aren't a scrub lol. He's a good coach who is still adapting to a new league and a different crop of players.

Sarri's coaching style is heavily based on automatisms and repeated training patterns. More time with the team + better-suited players should see Chelsea performing better. I wouldn't be totally pessimistic yet. If he's still totally stubborn and the players underperform next season as well, then he'll get the boot.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 pm

good post. But, again, i disagree with your assessment of kovacic. He is a fantastic player who is a box to box defensive midfielder. he has good technique and that can fool people into thinking he’s attacking minded. but his defensive work is very good. just look at how useless alonso looked defensively without kovacic covering his ass
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 pm

danyjr wrote:Sarri is in no way shape or form considered successful. The guy was a nobody before he joined Napoli and hopefully will go back to his roots once he is shown the boot by Abramovich.

Success is relative. Of course, Sarri was a successful coach, otherwise Roman wouldn't have hired him. Anyway, it's not the coach, it's the club and as long as Roman owns it and doesn't change his ways, they will always be like this. This was obvious way before they hired Sarri.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 am

Casciavit wrote:As always, the answer is somewhere in between.

Chelsea is a team that for the last decade has been built on defensive football. You can't expect Sarri to change the entire culture of a club right away. It was always going to be a bumpy process. In fact, I said in the summer that Chelsea will probably resemble closer to Arsenal in the sense that they'll be all style and no substance.

Right now there isn't either. Sarri and the players are both to blame.

I was reading earlier that Conte wanted like half the team to be replaced if he was to stay lmao. The team lacks quality. The players are overrated simple as.

-Marcos Alonso is shit.
-David Luiz has never performed well aside from when he was in a back 3.
-Azpi adds nothing to the attack.
-How long are we going to pretend to rate Kovacic? He's been around the scene since like 2011 and has yet to develop any kind of identity lmao. Fancy ball carrier.
-Willian and Pedro are both awful.

Not only are they overrated in terms of quality, but they also have an awful attitude that stems back to the Mourinho years. He couldn't motivate them, Conte couldn't motivate them after the first season, and Sarri complained about motivating them too.

These are three world-class coaches complaining about the same thing. The culture inside the club is awful.

Now I know Sarri was able to overachieve with Napoli with the likes of Callejon and Mertens, but again Sarri isn't in Serie A where Juve is the only team with the financial pull to compete. In the PL you literally have United, Liverpool, and City spending hundreds of millions each summer so they can win the PL. Midtable teams are spending 50M on players ffs.

The competition is simply greater, so you're gonna require better talent.

Now Sarri isn't blameless. Of course, he has to share the blame, especially if he's losing 6-0 (that's inexcusable). I mean everyone knew he was incredibly stubborn and fixed on his principles. This is where I laugh at those who called Pep inflexible. Pep in his first season was always trying different things. He played with a 4-3-3, 3-4-2-1, 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1 all in the attempt to find something that could stick. Sometimes he'd play a Fernando-Fernandinho double pivot, KDB on RW, Sane as a LWB, Kolarov at CB etc. Obviously, they didn't work out that well, but at least he was constantly tinkering in an effort to find a winning formula, so to speak.

Sarri, on the other hand, has just played a 4-3-3 with the same profiles of players. In fact, he's trying to copy his Napoli template with Chelsea, to the point he's even buying his old players. When you look at Chelsea's starting lineup it feels like he just switches who will play LCM and who will play RW lol. Aside from trying Hazard as a 9 because Morata is crap he hasn't changed much.

Now, I don't think there's much wrong with his football. Tbh, I don't even think he needs to change much in terms of the system. He just has to replace the profiles of the players like City did. Let's use Pep as an example. He had Alaba-Alonso-Lahm shielding his CB's. Look at who he has shielding his CB's at City lol... when all are fit it's Mendy-Fernandinho-Walker.

Those are completely different profiles to who he was using before. He adapted to the league and signed more PL-suited players (who can play his football). I think Sarri should do the same. Now the only question is whether Chelsea is willing to invest in another squad-building project.

Provided that Chelsea doesn't implode over the rest of the season. I think they should give him another chance next season. Give him financial support and give him another season to better implement his football. If you're getting 90 points with Napoli you aren't a scrub lol. He's a good coach who is still adapting to a new league and a different crop of players.

Sarri's coaching style is heavily based on automatisms and repeated training patterns. More time with the team + better-suited players should see Chelsea performing better. I wouldn't be totally pessimistic yet. If he's still totally stubborn and the players underperform next season as well, then he'll get the boot.

What a superb post from a Milanista who has evolved resoundingly well in front of my eyes over the last 6 years.

Refreshing to see a post that doesn't just go black and white on the points of Sarri and the clearly deeper crisis at Chelsea that is yet to be addressed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:51 am

Now the only question is whether Chelsea is willing to invest in another squad-building project.
I can't say if the youngish defenders or midfielders are quality enough or compatible enough; but the attack is aged (and Hazard is probably leaving).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:18 am

Chelsea have had a player power problem since 2011 when Andre Villas Boas was manager. The big difference between now and then though is that the 2011 squad had strong personalities like Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba who could pull the squad together when they didn't get on with the manager. Those players wouldn't have allowed a 6-0 loss no matter how bad the relationship with the manager was.

This current squad is a lot flimsier. Mourinho was too strict so they stopped trying. Conte was too intense so they stopped trying. Now Sarri is reportedly too "tactical" and there have been games where they've stopped trying. It's a squad that thinks it has all the power (as that's been the culture at Chelsea for a decade) but has none of the leadership or personality to justify it.

Hence this summer is going to be fascinating as we'll see which side the club backs.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:59 pm

@Casciavit

I joined goal legacy forum on 2012-11-10 i.e 12-11-10 or 10-11-12. Since than UR post is the best. It so best that it wants me want to masturbate its so sexy.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm

please do an anatomy of arsenal please

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Jay29 wrote:Chelsea have had a player power problem since 2011 when Andre Villas Boas was manager. The big difference between now and then though is that the 2011 squad had strong personalities like Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba who could pull the squad together when they didn't get on with the manager. Those players wouldn't have allowed a 6-0 loss no matter how bad the relationship with the manager was.

This current squad is a lot flimsier. Mourinho was too strict so they stopped trying. Conte was too intense so they stopped trying. Now Sarri is reportedly too "tactical" and there have been games where they've stopped trying. It's a squad that thinks it has all the power (as that's been the culture at Chelsea for a decade) but has none of the leadership or personality to justify it.

Hence this summer is going to be fascinating as we'll see which side the club backs.
I could understand if one argued that one or two players have power in the club but to simply say "the players" having too much power I don't think is very plausible. I don't believe there is a "club culture" of giving players more authority than the coach at Chelsea. And the squad has changed drastically since AVB days as you pointed out, so even if there were a couple of players who had a big voice due to their long legacy at the club or good relations with the chairman/owner, they are no longer at Chelsea.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:58 pm

Jay29 wrote:Chelsea have had a player power problem since 2011 when Andre Villas Boas was manager. The big difference between now and then though is that the 2011 squad had strong personalities like Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba who could pull the squad together when they didn't get on with the manager. Those players wouldn't have allowed a 6-0 loss no matter how bad the relationship with the manager was.

Thats are not as good as as the Real players, but obviously it seems likely they need to hire more of a man management type of manager who can get on and motivated the players.

Im waiting to see how Zidane does in his next job and who knows, basically Chelsea can hire anyone, would be cool to see how Zidane does if they get him Very Happy Doubt he would choose EPL though... but Chelsea need someone who can change things as well as keeping his stars happy, not an easy job.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm

That is a great post Casciavit, but it is missing another criticism with Sarri that he has not deviated from the same starting players since he arrived. Forget tactics and formation, he has basically played the same players.

You say Luiz, Alonso, Kovacic, Willian, and Pedro are poor and i agree. But there are young players like Christensen, Emerson, RLC, and Callum Hudson Odoi who have shown on the few chances they have had as possible solutions. But Sarri ignores it and they find themselves back on the bench, and the players who underperform they keep their place.

There is no doubt this squad for the majority are not suited for this style, but Sarri is insane. He is trying the same thing again and again, expecting different results.

He is reaching a level of stubbornness and rigidness that i have never witnessed with any other manager, and most likely any human i have ever interacted with.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:42 pm

You are never going to see a club buy players to fit a system unless that manager is Pep Guardiola.  Otherwise, it's the manager's job to implement the system that gets the best out of the current squad.

It's also a complete non-starter to ask an elite club to be "patient". If that's what a manager needs, he should go to a struggling club with the hope of building them up (like Klopp did at Liverpool).

The requirements of an elite club aren't that complicated.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:You are never going to see a club buy players to fit a system unless that manager is Pep Guardiola.  Otherwise, it's the manager's job to implement the system that gets the best out of the current squad.

It's also a complete non-starter to ask an elite club to be "patient". If that's what a manager needs, he should go to a struggling club with the hope of building them up (like Klopp did at Liverpool).

Even more unlikely when the manager has not won a single trophy in his career.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:You are never going to see a club buy players to fit a system unless that manager is Pep Guardiola.  Otherwise, it's the manager's job to implement the system that gets the best out of the current squad.

Then Chelsea should have hired a different coach, someone who is a quick fixer. Or admit that they aren't an elite club at the moment. They hired him because of how his teams play, asking him to change this, do this, play that way is dumb af.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:36 pm

I hope he doesn't make it to the end of the season.

Comrade Roman make it happen Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:46 pm

Mourinho III?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Mourinho III?
Imagine Solskjær salvaging United's season while Jose does Chelsea's. It would be a fairy tale ending :wub:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:52 pm

News that Sarri has been sacked
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Not seeing it. Chelsea is an utter circus but honestly Sarri is done so better now IMO.

What approach do they take now though? Who is even available? can they afford to go for someone like Howe?

no idea who they'll appoint
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:00 pm

I think I've said this before: The Chelsea manager position is a poisonous chalice. Expectations still high, investment in the squad not what it used to be.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:07 pm

boyzis wrote:@Casciavit

I joined goal legacy forum on 2012-11-10 i.e 12-11-10 or 10-11-12. Since than UR post is the best. It so best that it wants me want to masturbate its so sexy.

Sarri Sack Watch - Page 4 Tenor

boyzis wrote:please do an anatomy of arsenal please

Read the posts of @Jay29. He does a better job than I ever could.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 pm

Blue wrote:That is a great post Casciavit, but it is missing another criticism with Sarri that he has not deviated from the same starting players since he arrived. Forget tactics and formation, he has basically played the same players.

You say Luiz, Alonso, Kovacic, Willian, and Pedro are poor and i agree. But there are young players like Christensen, Emerson, RLC, and Callum Hudson Odoi who have shown on the few chances they have had as possible solutions. But Sarri ignores it and they find themselves back on the bench, and the players who underperform they keep their place.

There is no doubt this squad for the majority are not suited for this style, but Sarri is insane. He is trying the same thing again and again, expecting different results.

He is reaching a level of stubbornness and rigidness that i have never witnessed with any other manager, and most likely any human i have ever interacted with.

Yeah as I said he's incredibly rigid and stubborn. I'm not too sure if those players you mentioned would fare much better either tbh. However, I guess at this point he doesn't have much to lose lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 pm

His rigidity is something else. Saw a stat that said he subbed off Kovacic for Barkley and incredible 19 times this season so far. Last year at Napoli, he subbed off Hamsik for Zielinski 19 times too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next