Congratulations to France for winning World Cup 2018!

+19
Winter is Coming
Luca
CBarca
messixaviesta
McLewis
BarcaLearning
Clutch
VivaStPauli
Myesyats
Robespierre
S
LeBéninois
Nishankly
Lucifer
futbol_bill
farfan
sportsczy
BusterLfc
urbaNRoots
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Congratulations to France for winning World Cup 2018! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations to France for winning World Cup 2018!

Post by Luca Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 pm

France is a fantastic defensive team. Forget about the goals they have conceded.. the quality of chances they give to opposition is extremely low.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to France for winning World Cup 2018! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations to France for winning World Cup 2018!

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Probably the worst team in the knockouts (argentina) scored 3 against them and you said no one can score against them, that was my point, I didn't even say anything about the Belgium game. Laughing
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 pm

We really got this...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Like you got Portugal in Euro 16 rofl

nevertheless probably true.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:05 pm

As if Croatia can score against Umtiti-Varane rofl

OUT.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:We really got this...

Yeah you do. France honestly has no excuse. None. Deschamps would be tarred and feathered if his manage to fk this up and I'm really struggling to see how France would.

Gratz on being World Champions, don't drink too much.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Like you got Portugal in Euro 16 rofl

nevertheless probably true.

We were like Croatia going into that final...  less than 72 hours to the final and having gone through an absolutely monstrously hard game against Germany.  In the first 15 mins of the final, I could tell we had no legs. Portugal parked the bus and then saw us basically lose it physically come the last 20 mins the game. We were dead on our feet in OT.

This time, we're fresh and rested while Croatia is shattered.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:11 pm

This " now or never " attitude from Croatia is really scaring me.
I'm predicting a Brozovic screamer ffs.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Croatia as world champions would be just UNREAL. An upset such as Greece 2004, Leicester 2016... probably even more memorable given the importance of the World Cup

Not mad if France wins as well. Touchy sometimes but very fun people overall.
My blood is more than 75% french, i've never care for that before, but if France wins it will matter a lot during the next 4 years Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 am

honestly, i think i'd rather a french win, i really like their team, and for all the flak deschamps gets, i've always respected him as a player, and he's had some decent moments as a manager.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:04 am

Everyone makes it sound like we're such a negative team.  Fact of the matter is that we played 3 different ways in all 3 elimination games.

We played open against Argentina because Argentina were so open to being attacked

Against Uruguay, we controlled the middle of the park.  Proof is that Suarez had ZERO touches in the box... that's right, ZERO.  Didn't park the bus; just concentrated on defending the middle of the park.

Against Belgium, we parked it once we scored.  We were actually looking to push and attack more in the 2nd half and then scored fairly early.  That's the smart way to play a semi-final of a WC...  you go up with 30 mins left to play so you set up to protect the score.  If Giroud wasn't such a numpty, it wouldn't have been a 1-0 game anyhow.  We outshot Belgium 19 to 9...  and they only had 3 shots on target while we had 9 I believe.

Against Croatia, my guess is that we'll look to control the middle since that's their strength.  There's no pace on Croatia's attack to worry about as in the Uruguay game (Suarez is slow).  Expect something similar to that one.  Modric is going to have a very hard time as Matuidi/Hernandez with Kante as cover has been rock solid.  They basically took out DeBruyne.  Pavard/Pogba has been great and only really struggled for about 25 mins against Hazard.  Reason is that Mbappe doesn't defend like Matuidi obviously as the 3rd defender.  Rakitic is no Hazard however.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:15 am

congratz sports
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:  There's no pace on Croatia's attack to worry about

Perisic and Rebic have plenty of pace tbf
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 pm

BusterLfc wrote:

Our defenders, all 4, are faster than them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:

Our defenders, all 4, are faster than them.

Didn't say they are faster than France defenders which I think they are tbh, I just said they have plenty of pace. But if France sits back and hit them on counter they have a great chance for a win, somehow I think no team will open up here and we will go into extra time, last 3 WC finals went into extra time.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:28 pm

No way in the world they're faster than our defenders. None. Pavard is the slowest and he's plenty fast. Varane is a gazelle.

Pavard gets into trouble because he's not a natural fullbacks and doesn't know how to use the boundaries to his advantage. Gotten a lot better as the tournament has gone along.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2