Myesyats
Mr Nick09
gnrfan
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Messi's injuries in 2013  Empty Messi's injuries in 2013

Post by gnrfan Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:54 am

This is a question for the barcelona fans. How do you guys think the multiple hamstring injuries he has in these 2 seasons affected his abilities(stamina and acceleration) in the long run? Was there a glaring before and after difference or you think the decline can be attributed to just aging? In other words were we robbed of seeing a truly "peak" messi?
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Messi's injuries in 2013  Empty Re: Messi's injuries in 2013

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 am

I am a long time barca fan, I have been watching them since I am a kid and I believe that sadly he shot up his body with too much HGH to become a man.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:23 am

Injuries definitely slowed him down, 11/12 waas probably the last season he was so explosive and relied on his pace a lot, ever since than he became Walkessi and now he runs 4km less than anyone else on the pitch.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:31 am

Myesyats wrote:Injuries definitely slowed him down, 11/12 waas probably the last season he was so explosive and relied on his pace a lot, ever since than he became Walkessi and now he runs 4km less than anyone else on the pitch.

MAYBE he just turned into a lazy ass
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:47 am

A bit of both, injuries slowed him down in the ill-fated year of 2013 (no debate here, he lost his explosiveness once and for all, looked best as a Neymar feeder in 14/15 but he himself lost his youthful speed) but now he also visibly doesn't care for which I don't blame him either, I too wouldn't be bothered at 31 and having won everything. He knew he wouldn't win the WC with this poorly managed Argentina side but he did try against France, it's not like he completely ghosted out of the game, had 2 assists and would have scored if he were put in a position to score, like against Nigeria. But unfortunately cannot find himself at the end of his own passes.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:48 am

Obviously yet another attempt of trolling but as it's casually ended,

Messi's injuries in 2013  D8aFdAG

On argumentative level Messi needs to carry two teams in two different continents, nobody has energy to perform every competition in level that you can nullify also referee bias. Messi is still easily the best player in the world, I mean he scored last season as many goals as Fakenaldo, being a playmaker.  rofl

Messi's injuries in 2013  ZeEq2Hy

RIP trolling thread.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:52 am

Yes, one gif proves that he didn't lose his explosiveness. Obviously he stil can sprint, he's not a cripple. But he doesn't have the capacity to do that on a regular basis.

Jiopsi, please seek medical care.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:37 am

his stamina has decreased significantly, he has the same speed like myestats said but the current messi would probably get gassed if he ran 100% every game. barca need to rotate him like madrid do with ronaldo imo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:39 am

Playmaking output rofl Proud
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:41 am

Harmonica wrote:

Messi's injuries in 2013  D8aFdAG

How come this has never worked in any decisive NT game? like...ever hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 am

Myesyats wrote:A bit of both, injuries slowed him down in the ill-fated year of 2013 (no debate here, he lost his explosiveness once and for all, looked best as a Neymar feeder in 14/15 but he himself lost his youthful speed) but now he also visibly doesn't care for which I don't blame him either, I too wouldn't be bothered at 31 and having won everything. He knew he wouldn't win the WC with this poorly managed Argentina side but he did try against France, it's not like he completely ghosted out of the game, had 2 assists and would have scored if he were put in a position to score, like against Nigeria. But unfortunately cannot find himself at the end of his own passes.

Messi actually had a big chance to score in the 85th minute. Don't mind him not scoring from that chance too much but it is what it is :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Messi is 31 years old, he's not superman of course he's not as good as when he was 26.

People should stop searching for reasons and understand that it happens to all players.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Re this debate Messi va Ronaldo. I hate the personality of Ronaldo and generally speaking Messi is superior on much. But in the important games, Ronaldo is always central in everything and Messi is mostly invisible. Harmonica can give all the stats in the world, but there is no denying in big games, Ronaldo is much more effective.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:37 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Re this debate Messi va Ronaldo. I hate the personality of Ronaldo and generally speaking Messi is superior on much. But in the important games, Ronaldo is always central in everything and Messi is mostly invisible. Harmonica can give all the stats in the world, but there is no denying in big games, Ronaldo is much more effective.

Nonsense.
Messi performed fantastically, and scored in the 2009 CL final, the 2011 CL final, the true final of CL 2015 (which was the semi vs Bayern).
Whereas Ronaldo played like utter crap in every single CL final bar 2017, never mind that Portugal actually won the Euros final because he was missing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:03 pm

This is not a Ronaldo vs Messi thread though

Why does everything gotta turn into the Missi vs Penaldo never-ending wankfest of agreeing to disagreeing?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Maybe getting older had something to do with it.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:11 am

Myesyats wrote:This is not a Ronaldo vs Messi thread though

Why does everything gotta turn into the Missi vs Penaldo never-ending wankfest of agreeing to disagreeing?

Because certain residents of this forum are committed to trolling when it comes to Ronaldo lol, I mean look at RG, he's the admin and he does it the most

Anyway, Messi has been Walkessi for a long time now. He's simply gotten older. Dude was injury prone af before Pep came along but that had absolutely no effect on his explosiveness. He's just gotten older and switched his playstyle and the areas that he plays.

It's possible the injuries have affected his explosiveness. It's also possible it hasn't. Truth is we don't know lol, so this thread is not going to answer anything definitively
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:30 am

FennecFox7 wrote:his stamina has decreased significantly, he has the same speed like myestats said but the current messi would probably get gassed if he ran 100% every game. barca need to rotate him like madrid do with ronaldo imo

C. Ron didn't rotate when he was Messi's age, and I don't believe Messi's in need of it yet either. Based on what I've seen of Messi recently, he just doesn't seem to have the same level of morale or enthusiasm that he used to have. I honestly don't know what motivates CR anymore either, for that matter. At age 33, he still throws a child-like fit, whenever things don't go his way Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:12 am

ronaldo is just a freak of nature thimmy.. with his diet training regime, and lifestyle (+steroids and genetics) that's the difference between him and messi, his physical conditioning is far beyond messi's, but tbh that's no disrespect to messi considering where CR is in that category
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am

Ronaldo's best quality is his durability, Messi's physique is much better suited for football. Just watch how well glides past tackles and how hard it is to bring him down. Ronaldo lacks balance.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:58 pm

As a long time fan of Messi I honestly have no idea about the topics question though, simply cant really tell with these injuries, unless u r on the inside, they wont disclose these kinda things, perhaps if we get lucky eventually it might be talked about in later years if it was an issue, otherwise it might not be something big at all.

Over the years hes had ups and downs, but generally speaking hes been so consistently good its hard to notice. I would say though his explosiveness definitely was still there like a couple of years ago, so I would guess no to the topics question.

As for walkessi, I think its a combination of him aging, saving his energy, and especially with Argentina is shows more because lets be honest, no matter how good he plays, the teams just isnt good enough (not saying its an excuse for some of the performances he showed at his WC though). Some ppl just seem to underestimate the physical requirements to be able to do the thing he does when he gets the ball, every game being closely marked is the thing, he has to do more than the average player when he has it, so its not fair to expect him to run as much as everyone else at the same time at 31.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:53 am

His children changed him. After having his first kid he said my son replaced football as the most valuable thing in the world, football is not 1st anymore for me.
His son was born on November 2, 2012

As a messi fan i noticed it every time. After every birth of his kids he declined around for 6 months. In the last one it happened again

Messi tries to look though but he is a sensitive person. Changes in life affects him. Ronaldo doesnt care about anything, only cares about himself. At 33 years old he trained under special regime to increase his stamina and speed, after january he was like 22 years old ronaldo. he is not messi but pushes himself to the limit

In other hand Messi looks and acts like a drug dealer and if there was no threat to his ballon dors he would happily end his career and go to swimming
Ronaldo is like pain in the ass for Messi
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Speaking of "what ifs", sometimes I genuinely miss Guti Haz. He's one of the most frustrating players I've ever witnessed, yet he's also one of the most talented players I've ever had the pleasure of watching. If not for his lack of consistency and enthusiasm, he would rival anyone in terms of pure playmaking talent, in my opinion. He was a lazy, indifferent, peace of shit, throughout the majority of his career, but he was the definition of a game changer, once he felt like stepping up his game.

Blessed with exceptional vision, and an equally sensitive passing foot, you'd think he would go down as one of the greats. However, Guti never seemed to have such ambitions. Instead, he would often fade out of games and get caught ball watching, looking as if he was dreaming of being someplace else. He never minded being a bench player, either, often being caught by the camera making jokes with his fellow substitutes. Guti won't be remembered by the people who didn't watch him throughout his career, but his talent truly was legendary.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:21 am

He never ran more than 8 km, he always walked. He was recorded with 8 km during the CL final in 2011.

He is now perceived as slughish "Walkessi" because there is no all-conquering midfield behind him. Really easy to walk around and score for fun when you have prime Xavi, Iniesta and Alves losing the ball 1 out of 500 passes and bringing the ball into dangerous areas 10 times per minute with everyone pressing the opposition into their own 6 yard box like madmen under a coach like Pep.

2013 started the downfall for Messi (except one half season in 14/15) because Xavi gave his last memorable all-time great performance in Euro final 2012. Xavi called it quits and so did Messi's Ballon d'Ors. Such is life.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:52 am

What a difference 3 months make. We went from "Messi carried Barca in a season where everyone expected them to fail" to "how long has he been declining for?!"

Honestly quite ridiculous
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next