Robespierre
danyjr
Mr Nick09
Firenze
S
41 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL : Alisson to Liverpool  - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Alisson to Liverpool

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Perez: hell monchi como estas?
Monchi: muy bien que tal
Perez: we like Alisson, whats the price?
Monchi: he is expensive president. 80 mil
Perez: *hangs up*
Monchi: Allo? Allo? RAASCLAAT

This is how the negotiations went in a nutshell

yeah, he seems to have developed a habit of hanging up the phone on all the elite players and going after unproven Brazilian teenagers (not that I think that Alisson is elite, but you get what I'm trying to say)

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL : Alisson to Liverpool  - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Alisson to Liverpool

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 pm

Nishankly wrote:If Chelsea is selling Courtois to Real then we have no chance matching Chelsea's package to Allison.

you pay numpties like Ox 150K and VVD near 200K and offer 70+ for players now, stop feigning like you're some frugal club

you can certainly match Chelsea

you should got for Navas on the cheap instead though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Firenze wrote:
Nishankly wrote:If Chelsea is selling Courtois to Real then we have no chance matching Chelsea's package to Allison.

you pay numpties like Ox 150K and VVD near 200K and offer 70+ for players now, stop feigning like you're some frugal club

navas is gash
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:15 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

yeah, he seems to have developed a habit of hanging up the phone on all the elite players and going after unproven Brazilian teenagers (not that I think that Alisson is elite, but you get what I'm trying to say)
if you were running the club, was winning CLs every year and clubs were asking you to spend over 225 mil in every signing then you would hang up just the same.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Firenze wrote:

Ox 120k
VVD 180k

Stop including GL tax ffs

You pay Sanchez 350k which more than Ox + VVD combined, so we should stop talking about paying numpties a lot of money.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:25 pm

We still are the poorest in the lot in the wage list, we are poor and cheap in respect to the big clubs.

United 6.81m
City 6.81m
Chelsea 5.79m
Arsenal 5.25m
Liverpool 4.74m

Also Klopp who is apparently known to blow money left right center yet his net spend including Harry Wilson joining Derby on Loan today is 70 million in 3 years.

Benitez who's known to be frugal AF had a net spend of 82m when he left Liverpool.

OUT
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:

if you were running the club, was winning CLs every year and clubs were asking you to spend over 225 mil in every signing then you would hang up just the same.

Well, for starters, if I was running the club, I wouldn't sell the greatest goalscorer of this generation. And even if I had to, I would make sure to only let them go if I had a proper replacement lined up. And I sure as hell wouldn't be content with Benzema and Bale as my frontline.

The market has gone crazy for everybody, not just for Madrid. We either roll with it or cheap out and ride on the backs of the squad we have until they crumble.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:44 pm

What a transfer window from Liverpool. Amazing stuff.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:What a transfer window from Liverpool. Amazing stuff.
dont count chickens. alisson and fekir have not been signed yet. if at all.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Ox 120k
VVD 180k

You pay Sanchez 350k which more than Ox + VVD combined, so we should stop talking about paying numpties a lot of money.
that post just put him to bed and tucked him in Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Firenze wrote:

you pay numpties like Ox 150K and VVD near 200K and offer 70+  for players now, stop feigning like you're some frugal club

Ox 120k
VVD 180k

Sanchez was signed on a free and had the reputation of being one of the best players in the league/world.

Don't compare him to numpties like Ox and VVD who were mid level talents at their best. You are signing players for 60-70m now and paying them upwards of 150K. You're in no excuses territory firmly this season.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 pm

Firenze wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Firenze wrote:

you pay numpties like Ox 150K and VVD near 200K and offer 70+  for players now, stop feigning like you're some frugal club

Ox 120k
VVD 180k

Sanchez was signed on a free and had the reputation of being one of the best players in the league/world.

Don't compare him to numpties like Ox and VVD who were mid level talents at their best. You are signing players for 60-70m now and paying them upwards of 150K. You're in no excuses territory firmly this season.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:02 am

If i did not know anything about football and i had just watched the world cup, someone please tell me why Liverpool think spending 75-80 mil on Alisson is better than signing say, Pickford?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 am

Because Pickford is proven shit while Allison has a great reputation in Italy.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:05 am

Having a great reputation in Italy? there are no elite goalkeepers in Italy lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:09 am

There are barely any good GK's anywhere in the world.

Pickford isn't even top 5 in the PL

Just checked whoscored Alisson 6.99 - Pickford 6.61 ouch.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 am

Firenze wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Ox 120k
VVD 180k

sanchez was not free. you gave arsenal a player that would cost £30mil in todays market for him. infact you gave more than £30mil for him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:If i did not know anything about football and i had just watched the world cup, someone please tell me why Liverpool think spending 75-80 mil on Alisson is better than signing say, Pickford?
pickford plays for everton. that means we have no chance of signing him and if we did they would ask about 100mil just because its us bidding.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:If i did not know anything about football and i had just watched the world cup, someone please tell me why Liverpool think spending 75-80 mil on Alisson is better than signing say, Pickford?

Because judging players based on 4-5 games is stupid  as opposed to a 40-50 game a season where the said player has to proven to be fantastic for his team both in the league and the Champions league

I'll remind you that Madrid bought James based on world cup hype and you went nowhere with him  

Besides Pickford plays for Everton. Impossible for Pool to make a play. You're mistaken if you think he's going to be cheaper. Everton signed him for a heavy fee in the first place.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 am

S wrote:

Because rating players based on 4-5 games is stupid  as opposed to a 40-50 game a season where the said player has to proven to be fantastic for his team both in the league and the Champions league

I'll remind you that Madrid bought James based on world cup hype and you went nowhere with him  

Besides Pickford plays for Everton. Impossible for Pool to make a play. You're mistaken if you think he's going to be cheaper. Everton signed him for a heavy fee in the first place.
it's not like for those 40-50 games Alisson was always elite, there are plenty of games in those 40 where he did nothing impressive or the bare minimum, but games where he was also elite.

I just wonder how you come up with that 80 mil valuation for a GK who was for one season, good shot stopper, but who did not dominated the league or the CL. was the gap really that big between him and Pickford last season?

And then the world cup where Pickford was an absolute show stopper all along.

anyway, it doesnt matter because as you say he plays for everton

ps; James was dominating the same league Neymar and Mbappe play in today, dont know what you are talking about, but he was also very good for madrid.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:33 am

Pickford will be even costlier man, He's English with a 30m initial tag and plays for Everton.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 am

I don't know how explaining him but Alisson wasn't just good, he was really impressive. Made no mistakes in Serie A, great saves , good also to use foot.
Then free to believe it or less, but he doesn't play even with my club and I don't care about Serie A reputation . So I'm totally unbiased on it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 am

The problem is with the fee, only a premier league club would pay such an amount for a keeper.

Top keeper, none on the planet are worth the reported 70-80M though, we all know this. Roma are smart enough to price him stupidly high because they have no reason to sell for less

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
S wrote:

Because rating players based on 4-5 games is stupid  as opposed to a 40-50 game a season where the said player has to proven to be fantastic for his team both in the league and the Champions league

it's not like for those 40-50 games Alisson was always elite, there are plenty of games in those 40 where he did nothing impressive or the bare minimum, but games where he was also elite.

I just wonder how you come up with that 80 mil valuation for a GK who was for one season, good shot stopper, but who did not dominated the league or the CL. was the gap really that big between him and Pickford last season?

And then the world cup where Pickford was an absolute show stopper all along.

anyway, it doesnt matter because as you say he plays for everton

ps; James was dominating the same league Neymar and Mbappe play in today, dont know what you are talking about, but he was also very good for madrid.

Alisson is the main reason why Roma concluded 3rd and reached CL semiifinal ( just asking to Atletico fans. Roma-Atletico 0-0 was probably the best performance made by a GK this year). of course he was their best player.
Roma lost Salah and replaced with nothing of good, Nainggolan underachieved, Dzeko almost, Alisson was incredibly constant during the whole and given many points to Roma ( you must consider they won many matches for just a goal .. many 1-0..).. I've hyped him for the whole year , tbf it was also frustrating for me because Roma were our contender but this Alisson carried them, frankly I was sure a big team would have signed him this year. Because his season was relevant and he is also young player. Julio Cesar heir imo.

Luca wrote:The problem is with the fee, only a premier league club would pay such an amount for a keeper.

Top keeper, none on the planet are worth the reported 70-80M though, we all know this. Roma are smart enough to price him stupidly high because they have no reason to sell for less

Yes, so much for a GK but it's Premier League. He is not first and he won't be the last but at least this is a role needed for Liverpool and they are going to sign a great player.
I think Juve fans weren't desperate to replace Van der Saar with Buffon after 100 mln expense even if there was Pelizzoli available with less money
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:03 am

Having said that, better Courtois with half of money of course.
But I don't believe Chelsea would have sold him to LFC.
Tbf I am even surprised if they give away him for that price.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:05 am

Excellent communicator with his defense, great distribution, top class shot stopping ability, instincts and reflexes(especially in the penalty box), decisive on crosses and has a fantastic, humble mentality. Steps up when needed. Great player, great person.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next