Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jay29
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada - Page 3 Empty Re: 2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 pm

I am going to get to tell my grand kids I was there to watch Canada play in the world cup!

BTW we are going to end up having games played in the Rogers center arnt we? BMO barely holds 30 000.

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada - Page 3 Empty Re: 2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Lol what have China and Australia contributed to football? The options were this group bid, or Morocco, and Morocco isn’t even on the same planet compared to the US when it comes to being able to handle something of this magnitude.

This is a return to form when it comes to WC hosts, dodging the human rights nightmares they have been facing recently.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 pm

US have the highest incarceration rate on the planet. That's a human rights nightmare right there.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't understand why a shithole country like the US, who have contributed nothing to football history besides persecuting FIFA officials,  get another World Cup.
Give to to China. Give it to Australia. Give it to Tunisia. Give it to Mexico and Canada alone.

?????
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm

This argument that teams with football heritage should host a world cup is so lame tbh
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:58 pm

And China, as you propose have a clean conscious of human rights?

Incarceration rates? What does that have to do with human rights? We're talking migrant workers being worked to death in Qatar, basic civil liberties being disregarded, China's overpopulation problem (one child act), ridiculous pollution, let's not even get into Russia.

It's night and day. Surely no country is perfect but if you made a list, the likes of Qatar and Russia would be near the bottom and the U.S., Canada, and Mexico would be above the midline, closer to the top.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm

M99 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Don't understand why a shithole country like the US, who have contributed nothing to football history besides persecuting FIFA officials,  get another World Cup.
Give to to China. Give it to Australia. Give it to Tunisia. Give it to Mexico and Canada alone.

?????

US already hosted a World Cup before, even if it was before you guys were born.
What have they done in the meantime? Not adapted to the FIFA calendar, instead tried to jail harmless FIFA officials from Trinidad or some such places for some small time bribery.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Lol what have China and Australia contributed to football? The options were this group bid, or Morocco, and Morocco isn’t even on the same planet compared to the US when it comes to being able to handle something of this magnitude.

This is a return to form when it comes to WC hosts, dodging the human rights nightmares they have been facing recently.

Morocco would need to spend 20% of their GDP on the World Cup. Not to mention build new stadiums that would go to rot like the ones in South Africa have. US already have stadiums, they are rich enough to spend on it without their economy taking a massive hit and have hotels and airports in every city thats gonna host 8 years ahead. They could have a World Cup in a year and pull it off.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm

I mean, if you would have said it should have gone to and England type, who haven't had it in a long time, I would have agreed with you, but China, and Tunisia?

Australia would be a good option. Not sure if they have campaigned hard, but I could totally see that working well.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:04 pm

M99 wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:Lol what have China and Australia contributed to football? The options were this group bid, or Morocco, and Morocco isn’t even on the same planet compared to the US when it comes to being able to handle something of this magnitude.

Morocco would need to spend 20% of their GDP on the World Cup. Not to mention build new stadiums that would go to rot like the ones in South Africa have. US already have stadiums, they are rich enough to spend on it without their economy taking a massive hit and have hotels and airports in every city thats gonna host 8 years ahead. They could have a World Cup in a year and pull it off.

Exactly my point.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:13 pm

China, US, Canada, Australia whatever - OUT

It's all nonsense. Absurd and TOTAL BS
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm

giovanni_milan wrote:for sure

Ive got seasons too actually, that was some game tonight wow

And on Canada's auto spot, its not been decided but either way our program has completely changed and now there's real drive behind our project

If we dont get automatically included, wed have to go through qualification without the two biggest nations in our way (historically speaking anyway)

I didn't realize you were from Toronto, my man

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:22 pm

East York represent buddy

They will expand BMO to 45000 or so too, so no to the rogers centre
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 pm

giovanni_milan wrote:East York represent buddy

They will expand BMO to 45000 or so too, so no to the rogers centre

Pickering here,, basically on the edge of Scarborough

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 pm

2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada - Page 3 Host_c10

3 cities of Canada confirmed
3 cities of Mexico confirmed
10 cities of USA needs to be selected out of 17

Some world cup games in my town... unbelievable, is it a dream ? I will be 31-32 years old, maybe i'll even have kids who can live this moment by then.

My personal choices for USA
- New York: obvious choice
- Boston: such a beautiful city, lots of history, a must
- Washington: should host the opening match and the final
- Los Angeles: obvious choice
- Atlanta: a true sports city where people LOVE soccer
- Seattle: great fans, best in the league, close to Vancouver who didn't qualify
- Dallas: obvious choice
- Denver: beautiful landscapes
- Miami: for the weather, it's like 2 hours from Orlando iirc, great place for tourists
- San Francisco: not an obvious choice but i can't see them not hosting
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:52 pm

As long as Boston is selected I'm happy, obviously.

Final in NY will also be drivable to me so definitely going, although tickets will be so expensive I should probably start saving now Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Ez India qualification this time, 8 spots for Asia
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Can already tell it will be a terrible world cup

matches at 9pm, 12am and 3am guaranteed

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Cant believe Chicago is not hosting any. Ismts the 2nd best city in the US

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:21 pm

That's normal time for us RG.

I guess it'll be 1am, 3am and 5am for us in Asia. Sigh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Clutch wrote:Cant believe Chicago is not hosting any. Ismts the 2nd best city in the US

Same. I thought it was in for sure, but I guess Soldier Field wasn't enough and Toyota Park is too small and out of the way. Probably making a push for soccer cities with larger, soccer-specific stadiums.

Not surprised Detroit didn't make it as the Big House is the only stadium big enough to host World Cup events, but UofM likely wouldn't have wanted that.

So I guess I'll be traveling to Toronto since I doubt Cincy will make the cut.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:46 am

RealGunner wrote:Can already tell it will be a terrible world cup

matches at 9pm, 12am and 3am guaranteed

Laughing

For us we can finally watch every game even during the weeks. Matches at 16, 19 and 22.

I look on Google and find out Qatar 2022 is in the same time zone as Moscow. So here comes another edition of games at 8, 11 and 14 :facepalm:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:14 am

McLewis wrote:
Clutch wrote:Cant believe Chicago is not hosting any. Ismts the 2nd best city in the US

Same. I thought it was in for sure, but I guess Soldier Field wasn't enough and Toyota Park is too small and out of the way. Probably making a push for soccer cities with larger, soccer-specific stadiums.

Not surprised Detroit didn't make it as the Big House is the only stadium big enough to host World Cup events, but UofM likely wouldn't have wanted that.

I heard it was a financial issue for Chicago. Soilder field is a big stadium that can be used for WC matches

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:27 am

Clutch wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I heard it was a financial issue for Chicago. Soilder field is a big stadium that can be used for WC matches

Very likely that's the issue then. Chicago, and Illinois by in large, are in a lot of financial trouble right now. I had considered moving there next year, but it doesn't look like that's happening.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3