Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jay29
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: 2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm

School shooters just perked up

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: 2026 World Cup to be held in USA, Mexico and Canada

Post by Warrior Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Edmonton is a big city but it's quite isolated up north. Not sure if FIFA wants to install there.

Montreal... the olympic stadium's roof must be renovated, it costs 250 millions. Then FIFA asks for new lights/sound equipment and to install natural turf. Total cost was estimated 500 millions. Doubt our government is willing to invest that much for 3 games at best.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Kaladin wrote:School shooters just perked up

Seriously, man?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Kaladin wrote:School shooters just perked up

Seriously, man?

Hm?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Oh i see, you think i'm joking

Knowing the amount of mass shootings every year, whats stopping someone from gunning people during the event?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Mass shootings are done by huge cowards who kill innocent people when they expect the least. Ex: school, movie theater etc

They'll stay home for the World Cup as there is too much security services involved specifically to prevent a massacre.

Besides nothing happened during France 2016 iirc
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Kaladin wrote:Oh i see, you think i'm joking

Knowing the amount of mass shootings every year, whats stopping someone from gunning people during the event?

The fact there are numerous sports going on in the United States every single day of the year between football, baseball, basketball, soccer and hockey along with other entertainment based events with massive audiences like concerts

Also the idea that there are security risks associated with a World Cup or massive sporting events at this day in age is exclusive to the United States? No, of course not

Listen brother, you're predicting a god damn tragedy 8 years before the event. Calma ya jabroni and let people have some hope for the world

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Warrior wrote:Mass shootings are done by huge cowards who kill innocent people when they expect the least. Ex: school, movie theater etc

They'll stay home for the World Cup as there is too much security services involved specifically to prevent a massacre.

Besides nothing happened during France 2016 iirc

France isn't US, there is nothing stopping someone from gunning down people in the parking lot or outside the stadium.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Luca wrote:

The fact there are numerous sports going on in the United States every single day of the year between football, baseball, basketball, soccer and hockey along with other entertainment based events with massive audiences like concerts

Also the idea that there are security risks associated with a World Cup or massive sporting events at this day in age is exclusive to the United States? No, of course not

Listen brother, you're predicting a god damn tragedy 8 years before the event. Calma ya jabroni and let people have some hope for the world

I'm not predicting anything, its just food for thought.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Luca wrote:

I'm not predicting anything, its just food for thought.

Yeah, but I don't think its founded.

For all of the United States' shortcomings, sport isn't one of them. Do you know how many opportunities per year there are for the exact thing you've described to happen?

Have you seen the average attendance for NFL games, NHL, NBA, MLS, MLB? Not to mention the prevalence for such events. When we consider how exclusive mass shootings are to the US and contrast that with the idea that it hasn't (knock on wood), happened in connection with any of these sporting events then it's quite the anomaly.

Also, the idea that the World Cup will be a target in the United States because the world is watching is usually not the motive of a mass shooter in the United States but rather one of a terrorist definition, and this, is a security concern at any globalized event, not an American one alone

Anyways, I pray we never see another one of these incidents

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm

A little disappointed that morocco couldn't host it.. but to be honest it was always going to be a win win situation because I'm American as well. I live in dallas so I will probably be able to see a few games if I still live here in 8 years
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 pm

The timing of the matches is going to be awful

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:18 pm

can't wait for these ultras

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 pm

You are joking, but it only takes for the religious nutters to make it their mission and they will actually try and burn all the non-believers smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Art Morte wrote:You are joking, but it only takes for the religious nutters to make it their mission and they will actually try and burn all the non-believers smoking
they are doing that anyway.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 am

Im so *bleep* excited

Anyone listen to John Herdman's Interview? I was pretty happy to hear his enthusiasm

So ready to watch a match at an expanded BMO Field
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 am

Wonder if we'll get a free spot... we certainly don't deserve it Laughing

Not even sure if the men's NT is top 6 in CONCACAF
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:26 am

You have to pass through multiple security checkpoints to go to a sporting event in the US, and get through armed guards/policemen. They're not a soft target, although outside the stadium might be.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:32 am

giovanni_milan wrote:Im so *bleep* excited

Anyone listen to John Herdman's Interview? I was pretty happy to hear his enthusiasm

So ready to watch a match at an expanded BMO Field

One of the best views of the Toronto skyline is from BMO. My brother has season tickets to TFC so I catch the odd game here and there. I cannot care for the MLS but it's not the worst way to spend an evening

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 am

for sure

Ive got seasons too actually, that was some game tonight wow

And on Canada's auto spot, its not been decided but either way our program has completely changed and now there's real drive behind our project

If we dont get automatically included, wed have to go through qualification without the two biggest nations in our way (historically speaking anyway)
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:10 am

Perfectly timed too to allow me to actually (hopefully) have money and go to some of the WC games

One of my life goals

So happy for McLewis, Luca, M99 and others. Dream come true
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 am

YESSSS :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

Don't understand why a shithole country like the US, who have contributed nothing to football history besides persecuting FIFA officials,  get another World Cup.
Give to to China. Give it to Australia. Give it to Tunisia. Give it to Mexico and Canada alone.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 am

Final to be played at MetLife

Already got my ticket
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:02 pm

The Big House absolutely must host some of these games. That or Ford Field.

I don't mind making the trek to Soldier Field, but dammit Detroit has to be on that stadium list.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 pm

I am going to get to tell my grand kids I was there to watch Canada play in the world cup!

BTW we are going to end up having games played in the Rogers center arnt we? BMO barely holds 30 000.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next