Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Hapless_Hans
55 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Marca wrote:The team needed reinforcements but in came a goalkeeper (Thibaut Courtois) and a right-back (Alvaro Odriozola) in positions that were not priorities.

Ronaldo wasn't replaced by the club and in addition, they let Mateo Kovacic go without bringing in a replacement, despite Lopetegui's public requests for such.

He asked for a No. 9 and in the end, almost out of panic, they signed Mariano, while Vinicius keeps scoring goals for the Castilla.

Lopetegui has found himself in charge of a squad that is much worse than it has been in previous years but the requirements were the same.
Marca, you beauty Proud

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 pm

Real Madrid C.F wrote:The Board of Directors understands that there is a great disproportion between the quality of the staff of Real Madrid, which has eight players nominated for the next Ballon d'Or, something unprecedented in the history of the club, and the results obtained to date.
The nerve and delusion rofl

You know prior to this statement, I had been wishing badly I were in the board of directors to tell Florentino what he really is. But now after reading this piece of garbage, I'm glad I wasn't cause I would legit murder everyone in that room.

Quality of the squad my ass, you have a sinking ship without a freaking attack and you were too cheap to even see that. And you have the nerve to blame it all on Lopetegui and diss him publicly with that classless and, btw false, argument?

What a shit show. My god what a shit show!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:47 pm

How is it possible to think that this Madrid team should be in 9th place, and getting embarrassed by a Barca without Messi. Lopetegui has been an incredibly bad job.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Absolutely. There was no excuse for him to be in ninth place and lose to scrubs.

But the board is delusional to think their squad is good enough to win anything. No self-respecting manager would accept to take over without having reinforcements. This is why I have so much respect for Conte right now, and I hope he won't budge unless they give him what he wants.

Florentino is making a mockery out of this club and Conte was absolutely right to tell him to f off.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:04 am

Calm down a bit with your fantasy scenarios, man. You're becoming like sports when he goes on one of his mind journeys describing in detail what players and managers think and say to each other.

Conte surely did not tell Florentino to "*bleep* off" lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:09 am

oh for god's sake hans, you take everything so literal.

Conte hasn't put pen to paper because he wants certain conditions to be met. One of those condition is to have the reinforcements he needs because he thinks, and rightfully so, that the current squad is lacking in certain areas. But Florentino obviously doesn't think so.

That's what I meant by "f off".
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:19 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Marca wrote:The team needed reinforcements but in came a goalkeeper (Thibaut Courtois) and a right-back (Alvaro Odriozola) in positions that were not priorities.

Ronaldo wasn't replaced by the club and in addition, they let Mateo Kovacic go without bringing in a replacement, despite Lopetegui's public requests for such.

He asked for a No. 9 and in the end, almost out of panic, they signed Mariano, while Vinicius keeps scoring goals for the Castilla.

Lopetegui has found himself in charge of a squad that is much worse than it has been in previous years but the requirements were the same.
Marca, you beauty Proud

Oh please, half this forum's madridistas were asking for a new GK for the past year, and when the rest of us pointed out that you don't really need Courtois you brushed us aside. Flo only gave the fans what they wanted.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:38 am

That wouldn't be me, BC. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one from the Madrid section who wasn't too keen on Courtois. So you were right when you said "half" the Madrid section and not all.

Some of us thought and still do that his signing wasn't necessary at all. And I would even go as far as to say that he's not elite. But that's just my opinion.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:50 am

BC is half right. Most of us wanted a new keeper bar I guess Hala. However, most, if not all of us knew the keeper was never a priority and never was like "this club needs a new keeper urgently". It was all about needing a new forward (since fking last season) and a CB. Also, pretty sure only Nick truly wanted Conetois but that is debatable really.

The club, however, was banned from reading GL so they didn't know about our transfer plans.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:12 am

So apparently this Lope is the reason Porto are bankrupt...

He kept asking for more players and got his wishes, but in the end all of them sucked and were unable to sell them for a profit.

Porto has been under fire from the FFP ever since
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:33 am

rincon wrote:How is it possible to think that this Madrid team should be in 9th place, and getting embarrassed by a Barca without Messi. Lopetegui has been an incredibly bad job.

What's your beef with Lopetegui, man? I understand why some RM fans are mad at him, but you seem like the only non-RM fan who goes out of their way to bash him for the sake of it. Not even Hans has been this persistent with his criticism towards him.

All of this seems really obvious to me. We still have a lot of talent in our current squad, but in terms of work rate, I can't think of another half decent team that doesn't make us look like a collective of slackers. Our veteran player's stamina levels have, without a doubt, been on decline for some time now. They move, but they hardly run when it matters. Yet, we're still relying on an overall weakened squad to act as if it's business as usual.

Winning the Champions League last season, clearly served to distract from the issues that have been building up over the course of several years without any significant transfers for the present. The injuries to this aging squad haven't made things any better, either - since we hardly have any depth anymore. I think some of the criticism towards Lopetegui is warranted, but I really don't understand how he was supposed to fix all of it, all while attempting to build an identity in the squad with barely a double digit number of games under his belt. People seem to forget that he was expected to, and tasked with the unthankful job of making us play like Spain did. That quickly turned out to be a pipedream - because as much as people like to believe that Real Madrid are "pretty much" the same as the current Spain Squad, that certainly isn't the reality of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:51 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Calm down a bit with your fantasy scenarios, man. You're becoming like sports when he goes on one of his mind journeys describing in detail what players and managers think and say to each other.

You get one small piece of news and you create a story around it = journalism. In my case, at least I start with some piece of semi-valid news since i'm doing it for fun. Media just make shit up 100% if they have nothing lol.

In any case, Conte is negotiating imo. He asked for everything knowing full well he won't get everything. Remains to be seen if Madrid feel offended by the demands. Not a whole lot of options out there so my guess is that Conte made a good calculated gamble here. Time will tell.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am

@Thimmy, the physical state of the team is also something Lopetegui has to be blamed for. He put Pintus in the refrigerator and put his own trainers in charge, the physical status of the team was catastrophically bad.

Also love how market says he wanted a striker but fails to add that he wanted us to sign Rodrigo no matter what, a guy with a price tag of 120 mil. lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am

I'm sure there are many things one can blame him for, but even a miracle worker of a conditioning coach can't roll back the years in players that are in their 30s. It's not surprising that they're getting injured more frequently either. I believe we've already had this discussion on here before. They were able to step up their game in the Champions League, due to how few matches they had to play over the course of a season, as opposed to the league, where they would have to play with higher intensity on a more regular basis, which teams like Barca do. We simply don't have the personell for that. This is not a recent change in the physical state of the team.

The players get older every year, and we haven't been replacing them, or even acquired sufficient back-ups for them, over a gradual period of time. Instead, we seem to be paying a premium for young prospects, presumingly, for the sake of not letting the next Neymar slip through our fingers again. Which is ironic, because Mbappe will likely be a central theme in future football, and we let him slip away for now. Getting him later will likely cost the GDP of a small country. We're stuck with the old guard up front + another young'un who doesn't provide a fraction of CR7's effectivity from the left wing. But hey, at least we didn't get Icardi, who scored a brace recently, and is looking like the most effective CF in Europe at the tender age of 25. Good thing we didn't get Hazard as well, we hate dribblers Cool
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 am

We signed Courtis because he was cheap. that's all.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Mamad wrote:We signed Courtis because he was cheap. that's all.

And because we were obsessed with changing Navas for whatever reason... De Gea, Kepa and then Courtois. So strange. Wonder if Navas slept with a Madrid director's wife or something.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:24 pm

Unbelievable, new achievement unlocked.

I assume Real will go in strong for the next window for sure.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:24 pm

How is he doing? Nick was pretty hurt when we signed Allison.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Nishankly wrote:How is he doing? Nick was pretty hurt when we signed Allison.

The only game he was absolutely stellar in was the Madrid derby. Aside from that, he has been in most cases slightly below or above average with a few scattered decent saves here and there and many mistakes.

Would give him 5/10 for his performances so far. Definitely not an upgrade on Navas.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:

And because we were obsessed with changing Navas for whatever reason... De Gea, Kepa and then Courtois. So strange. Wonder if Navas slept with a Madrid director's wife or something.

No, he just doesn't have a pretty boy face or come from an exotic football land and doesn't command a galactico signing fee to play for Madrid.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Vibe wrote:

No, he just doesn't have a pretty boy face or come from an exotic football land and doesn't command a galactico signing fee to play for Madrid.

Unreal disrespect to an ex GOAT league player.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:00 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Nishankly wrote:How is he doing? Nick was pretty hurt when we signed Allison.

The only game he was absolutely stellar in was the Madrid derby. Aside from that, he has been in most cases slightly below or above average with a few scattered decent saves here and there and many mistakes.

Would give him 5/10 for his performances so far. Definitely not an upgrade on Navas.

Courtois is the type of keeper I hate, very clunky, stuck in the mud, can't pass the ball. I hope Conte benches his ass.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Gonna be interesting to see what team Solari puts out during his time as coach Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I mean Flo likes to put of star players as we know Very Happy If its Flos way, we could see all out attacking sides, like the good old days for Real, with not much focus of defense.

And then interesting also to see who the next manager puts as the GK.... since Navas really deserves it more than Courtois. I guess it looks like it will be split between cups and league?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Calm down a bit with your fantasy scenarios, man. You're becoming like sports when he goes on one of his mind journeys describing in detail what players and managers think and say to each other.

LOL the guy is nuts and like most madrid fans he can only speak hyperbole cover their ineptitude on the game, anybody with a brain knows the more to the team problem than cf not like anything wrong with it either, the problem is obvious the chances the midfielders are creating is bad, but since everyone praises the mid, no one wants to call them out, the defenders and some of the other players seemed bothered by how Navas was treated since everything slowly started going down hill after thibu started to start, let's not forget asensio and isco are trash and eating up minutes displaying shit tricks all games, so many going into the team struggles and all the tards in the media and in the stadium care about is 9 this and that, proving how shallow these people knowledge of the game is.

Easy example bein sports commentators trashing benzema in the first half just to excuse the underperforming players and promote Mariano, when Mariano comes on in the second half they say Mariano is not getting enough service and proper chances, then is that benzema never receive any excuses like that simple cause mou said he was not a great cf and casuals latched on it, and are too stupid to actually understand the real problems, that posters like demon screams casual cause all he types is fantasy shit and nothing worth while or logical, Jlo go fired cause the squad is under achieving, I don't care how old the players are quality is quality and trash is trash.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Will you please stop about benzema.  he's shit and has been shit for 2+ years now.  

Mariano at least gives you hope that he can get better (and I am no fan of Mariano as I've made it clear. He was limited at Lyon) AND gives you effort + presence.  benz is what he is... which isn't much these days.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Yeah right the team was doing good when the focus on Benz and bale, when they stop doing that they struggled and why can't that be said instead of scapegoating one player over and over again, it's boring and ridiculous.

Mariano does the same shit as benzema the difference there is no agenda against him.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next