RealGunner
Firenze
Luca
Harmonica
S
54 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach - Page 14 Empty Re: Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Too little too late. He is past his best (and his best was still a big game flop). There's a reason Juventus loaned him to direct rivals AC Milan.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach - Page 14 Empty Re: Gonzalo Higuain takes his talents to South Beach

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Better than Giroud for the time being perhaps but Chelsea will have a tough summer looking for a proper CF, especially if Hazard leaves for Madrid.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:22 pm

I mean they've been starting Giroud or Morata Laughing

What ever you think of him he's a big upgrade on both.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 pm

danyjr wrote:Too little too late. He is past his best (and his best was still a big game flop). There's a reason Juventus loaned him to direct rivals AC Milan.

Reason is Milan is not a direct rival at all. Milan is a rival to Lazio and Inter, Roma at most. Loaning a player to Milan does nothing to Juve.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean they've been starting Giroud or Morata Laughing

Giroud is a world cup winning striker. He is not the typical striker who would score you goals but would allow others, such as Willian and Hazard to feed off him. His link up/back to goal play is sublime.

Rincon wrote:Reason is Milan is not a direct rival at all. Milan is a rival to Lazio and Inter, Roma at most. Loaning a player to Milan does nothing to Juve.
Cute.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:47 pm

He is still an elite goal scorer. Think he will be fine.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:09 am

Giroud is a complete donkey and not even 1/10th of Higuain in any form of the matter.

Provided Higuain can control his legendarily heated mentality to which leads him to his worst moments, he will only proceed to succeed in Chelsea given Sarri is a master of navigating his mind and not just the way he plays.

Chelsea fans have a right to be hopeful.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:30 am

Giroud suffers from his lack of mobility big time. Not just his pace, but his agility and reactions. A lot of his shots are rushed or whiffed despite his solid technique
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:53 am

danyjr wrote:Giroud is a world cup winning striker. He is not the typical striker who would score you goals but would allow others, such as Willian and Hazard to feed off him. His link up/back to goal play is sublime.
I honestly don't value that 'quality' very much. A CF's main job is to score goals, everything else is secondary. I really couldn't care less about his link-up play or his dancing abilities if he's not scoring regularly.

Why? Because the second you remove the guy doing all the scoring from your team, that CF becomes useless. It's not really a coincidence that the teams who have these modern-type CFs have been struggling really badly ever since they lost their main goalscorers.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:37 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
danyjr wrote:Giroud is a world cup winning striker. He is not the typical striker who would score you goals but would allow others, such as Willian and Hazard to feed off him. His link up/back to goal play is sublime.
I honestly don't value that 'quality' very much. A CF's main job is to score goals, everything else is secondary. I really couldn't care less about his link-up play or his dancing abilities if he's not scoring regularly.

Why? Because the second you remove the guy doing all the scoring from your team, that CF becomes useless. It's not really a coincidence that the teams who have these modern-type CFs have been struggling really badly ever since they lost their main goalscorers.

Stop making EVERYTHING about yourself dude. It's boring as fuck.

WE GET IT. You sold Cristiano and now Benzema isn't scoring enough, and you're depressed and ANGRY.

But how is that an indictment of CFs as supporting players per se?

Liverpool is fine with Firmino supporting Salah. Juve is fine with Mandzukic supporting Ronaldo, despite both CFs only scoring in the range of 15 league goals instead of the 30 goals one like an Aguero or Lewandowski.

It's not rocket science that if you get rid of your main goalscorer, you must replace him. If you don't do that, how is that the fault the supporting player?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:20 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

the amount of garbage in this post lmao, benzema is better than higuain as cf cause higs is a bonafide choker fact, and no one give a flying fck what you rate, cause you don't know shit about football, benzema leads the team in scoring and having a great season what he on now 14 goals? even if no one admit the team is prob gonna do better overall without cr in the team, that mean all your theories are gonna be proven to be shit.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Haps posters like him don't know football that why all their arguments starts and end with benzema, but players like isco are flawless that haven't created an assist to Benz in 2yrs  let me repeat in 2yrs Laughing, you ever see anybody pointing a finger at him? nope cause he elite based on YouTube videos and Malaga hype 10yrs ago.

Isn't it funny these jokers always talking about team planning but are clueless enough to want the team built around one of the worst players in isco rofl, these idiots would watch isco lead to relegation and all they can see is benzema cause higuain went on to do fck all and Benz has to worsted than him for all eternity, cause rm fans don't know shit about players or football or managers or tactics all they can do is talk shit and hide when they get exposed.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:47 pm

So yeah Benzema sucks.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm

danyjr wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean they've been starting Giroud or Morata Laughing

Giroud is a world cup winning striker. He is not the typical striker who would score you goals but would allow others, such as Willian and Hazard to feed off him. His link up/back to goal play is sublime.

Yes. A World Cup winning striker with 0 goals & 0 shots on target in 550 mins.

France won WC 1998 with Stéphane Guivarc'h up-front who also made 0 goals.

They were utter shit in front of goal, no matter how you twist it.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:05 pm

I hope I am not the only one feverishly excited to see Gonzalo combine with Hazard.

I feel Eden has been relishing the chance to do so with someone of Higuain's traits.

Will work similar to Insigne with Higuain given the former's similarities to Hazard.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Abramovich wrote:So yeah Benzema sucks.

Penalties aside, More goals than Ronaldo this season :coffee: .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Stop making EVERYTHING about yourself dude. It's boring as fuck.

WE GET IT. You sold Cristiano and now Benzema isn't scoring enough, and you're depressed and ANGRY.

Liverpool is fine with Firmino supporting Salah. Juve is fine with Mandzukic supporting Ronaldo, despite both CFs only scoring in the range of 15 league goals instead of the 30 goals one like an Aguero or Lewandowski.

It's not rocket science that if you get rid of your main goalscorer, you must replace him. If you don't do that, how is that the fault the supporting player?

Your slightly hostile and needlessly aggressive post can either mean you simply misunderstood what I said or you're purposely imagining things to further suit your preconceived and intellectually dishonest opinion of me.

First of all, I didn't make anything about myself nor did I intend to. Not once in my post did I bring up Benzema, Madrid or myself.  I was simply and respectfully disagreeing with the idea that was originally brought up by danyjr and which suggests that a CF can make up for their lack of goals by doing certain things. I may have used my modest experience as a Madrid fan to come to this conclusion, but I genuinely wasn't alluding to Madrid or Benzema with my post.

Now let me try and answer your questions:

Because in the unlikely event that you lose your main goalscorer, those supporting CFs you're speaking of will not be of much use. You can deploy a CF as support if you so wish but they have to be able to score as well and regularly. Scoring should always be a CF's first instinct. That way you ensure that you're not dependent of anybody and that your system won't crumble when either of them gets injured.

I suppose you're making a reference to Madrid here. It's not the fault of the supporting player because at the end of the day he's just an employee playing for a paycheck. It is, however, the club's fault for A). Losing the main scorer. B) For not replacing them. And C) For implementing a system where the burden and bulk of the scoring is dumped on one player. And As a said in the first paragraph, you should make sure that everybody does what they are supposed to do.

You may agree or disagree with me on this, and it's absolutely fine, but there's really no need for you to become hostile. I'd like to believe that such behavior is beneath you Smile
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:47 pm

Arquitescu wrote:I hope I am not the only one feverishly excited to see Gonzalo combine with Hazard.

I feel Eden has been relishing the chance to do so with someone of Higuain's traits.

Will work similar to Insigne with Higuain given the former's similarities to Hazard.

Sarri, Jorginho, and Hazard. Higuain should fit like a glove. No excuses territory.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Should have just told Hans to hush and go listen to Kraftwerk but I like the response other DoC.

Also, I too am intrigued to see Higgy in the PL. Hope it works out for him. No excuses though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:15 pm

danyjr wrote:Too little too late. He is past his best (and his best was still a big game flop). There's a reason Juventus loaned him to direct rivals AC Milan.

Juventus has no direct rival as The Old Lady has no equal in Italy. If you mean historic rival, um, I never got the impression Jjuve and Milan had that beef the same way Inter, Fiorentina, Napoli and Torino would have with Jjuve. Need confirmation on this...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:50 am

Players like Giroud can be useful, but Chelsea desperately needs a goalscoring striker. In the league cup alone, Giroud missed like 5 sitters.

Higuain linkup is fine, especially what he produced under Sarri.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Honestly this was a top strike. Top save too
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:40 pm

He Is really finished.

He Is going to come back at Juve this sunmer.
What about his future ? China ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 pm

love how Mehlan reneged on their gentleman's agreement to sign him lol

he's going to be back at Juve this summer, hope there is drama involved

unreal that you signed a player for 90m got 2 seasons out of him and now his value is probably 15-20m max

where on earth will he end up? Inter to replace Icardi?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 pm

he needs to come back home to madrid, we can use a back up striker
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Higuain is nowhere near finished.

He was great in Milan until that red card completely set him off in doubt and even then his general play was superb.

Not his fault he was shooed into a team that is a current reality show, has a gulf between the midfield and attacking line and just a general mess.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next