Warrior
Hapless_Hans
Harmonica
guest7
Myesyats
61 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 9 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Not an exaggeration... it's serious. Can be out up to 4 months.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 9 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 pm

My Brazilian friends told me that this scandal made Neymar more likeable there and absolutely no one believes her. Don't think it's that hard for him to bear, it seems to be improving his image.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Being not guilty of rape is what makes him more likeable Laughing

Saddest part of this story is, the women who are real victims lose credibility because of a media scam like that.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:19 pm

I think it has to do with the backlash of the meetoo movements. Whenever there is that kind of accusation now you just see men banding together to defend each other. It's specially true online among young people
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:27 pm

honestly, having been part of the corporate environment of previous generations....  women absolutely deserve the metoo movement.  No matter how overboard it goes, it will never eclipse the sheer insanity they had to put up with since the beginning of time really.

Now men are having to deal with what women have had to do since forever.... and they don't like the taste of it.  Too bad.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:46 pm

I find it insulting that this female would attempt something like this. I have a very close friend who actually went thru that horrifying experience, and she never got any sort of justice for it. I have no respect for women who try to fake something like that because it can hurt the credibility of real victims. Hope she is publicly shamed.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:53 am

Warrior wrote:Being not guilty of rape is what makes him more likeable Laughing

Saddest part of this story is, the women who are real victims lose credibility because of a media scam like that.
I think it's that he genuinely looks like a good guy. For instance when she was making plans to to come to paris Neymar was worried he would be bored all day with him at training and offered to pay for her to bring a friend. They told me even the feminists are behind him Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

So, it seems like Neymar came back from injury and just decided to give the passing and playmaking things a go, lol. He’s a top 2 best player in the world whenever he’s been on the pitch for PSG tbh.

Now, I see why tuchel decided to drop Neymar to no 10. He’s play making has been on another level. Now all he needs to do is stay healthy for PSG going into the CL.

- He played 15 games and has 13 goals and 7 assists.
- Of those 15 games, neymar has scored in 12 different games.
- Against Monaco, He also equaled PSG's all time record of scoring in 8 consecutive games, surpassing his personal best of (7) at Barcelona.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:22 pm

No he's not. If you watch PSG games, he's literally ball hogging and a turnover machine. He's good.... but not as good as everyone says.

I'm really not impressed.

Di Maria is the one who has been incredibly impressive. Not only is he a creator... but he's showing the work rate and defending he had his last season at Madrid.

Mbappe is the killer scorer. He doesn't take PKs (Neymar does)... and has 13 goals and 4 assists in 14 league games. Overall, 21 goals and 11 assists in 22 games. In CL... 5 goals and 4 assists in 5 games. All from open play.

He's the man.

Neymar is the court jester really.

Imo, the best lineup for PSG is Di Maria - Mbappe - Icardi up front with Verratti - Gueye - Marquinhos in the midfield. This 4231 can't work with the fullbacks PSG has and Verratti in the pivot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Mbappe can’t touch his boots unfortunately, you just have to watch their games, Neymar is on a different planet talent wise and when he’s fit he looks by far PSG’s best player
He’s a bit slower than before but as @Bankz said, lately, his vision and passing seem to be the best things in his arsenal, even more so than his mercurial dribbling and finishing. Can’t rate strikers dependent so much on service higher than monstrous ball players.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Spoiler:

Not the man, just a court jester What a Face
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Sportszczy is as biased as Harmonica. Incredible
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:21 pm

https://twitter.com/UKCoachingBible/status/1215158697359499264?s=19

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:43 pm

Myesyats wrote:Sportszczy is as biased as Harmonica. Incredible

The only jester here is him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:08 am

Valkyrja wrote:Mbappe can’t touch his boots unfortunately, you just have to watch their games, Neymar is on a different planet talent wise and when he’s fit he looks by far PSG’s best player
He’s a bit slower than before but as @Bankz said, lately, his vision and passing seem to be the best things in his arsenal, even more so than his mercurial dribbling and finishing. Can’t rate strikers dependent so much on service higher than monstrous ball players.

@valk, wait , don't tell me you guys still take @sports serious on the site Laughing he would crucify anything non French and glorify anything French no matter how mediocre.

That being said, I just want to get some things out the way-

1. Neymar has been u apologetically PSG's best player this season and before he came from injuries di Maria was.

2. Neymar has the highest statistical rating (whoscored) in Europe even surpassing Messi this season.

3. Of his 7 assists, 6 has been to mbappe, lol.

4. For 4 straight matches this season, Neymar was the only player scoring for PSG.

5. Tuchel far prefers neymar to mbappe and he makes it clear Laughing and There's no universe any club will take mbappe over neymar if not for the massive age disparity.

6. Neymar has reinvented his game, the likes of which I've only seeing from Messi and Ronaldo, so much so that I don't think he and Messi can coexist in Barca in it's current state. He is basically killing it as a 10 now. That he's scored so much 13 in 14 is straight up Messi level territory.

7. Mbappe Is a hit and run merchant who won't get much better than he is now. One ankle injury and he's done.

8. Neymar has had 3 bad ankle injuries in the space of 2 years and is most probably playing very cautiously and he is still this good, lol.

9. Neymar has won PSG the most points (23 points) of any other player in Europe, scoring winner after winner and equalizers to get his team back in the game and I'll prove it.

- He scored a stoppage time overhead kick winner against Strasbourg
- He scored a last minute winner against Lyon 3
- He scored a late winner against Bordeaux
- He scored the equalizer against Montpelier and subsequently provided the winning assist.
- He scored the winner against St Etienne and provided 2 assists.
- He scored the winner against st Etienne again, in the French cup.
- He scored the Winner against again against amiens.
- He opened the scoring and subsequent equalizer against Monaco.
- He scored the winner against Monaco again three days later

How more clutch do you want a player to be ffs?

Would have even scored the winner at the Bernabeu had run merchant not decided to gloryhunt.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:45 pm

Bankz wrote:2. Neymar has the highest statistical rating (whoscored) in Europe even surpassing Messi this season.
Whoscored.com

Messi 19 games 8,60 11 MoM
Neymar 14 games 8,56 7 MoM

Other than that, he's definitely better than Mbappe, if you're not a french tourist that is.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:11 pm

For neymar, there are many words to describe him. But the best thing is to watch the games. Neymar is the leader of this team - Tuchel.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:25 pm

It seems it is only Sports that objects to this glorification of Neymar. We all know of his bias and that is probably the rationale for his dislike of Neymar and that he sees praise of Neymar to the detriment of Mbappe. Yet reality is they both are fabulous!

I offer an alternative rationale to Sports’ posts.

I recall him several years ago constantly putting Ronaldo down! And no I don’t believe it was praise of Ronaldo would be to detriment of Benzema!

He didn’t like Ronaldo because of his antics and personality. You have to admit that Ronaldo’s antics and personality leave a lot to be desired and the same can be said about Neymar.

So I’m suggesting, the dislike of a player antics and personality, can get in the way of objectivity in viewing talent!

And I say this even though I don’t want Neymar anywhere close to my Real Madrid. I recognize his talent and capabilities, but I don’t want his antics and personality any where close to my club. I would prefer Mbappe by a country mile!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Not necessarily. I hate Neymar's antics as much as the next guy, but you should be able to easily separate that from truly appreciating his incredible talent.

As for the Mbappé/Neymar comparison, to me there's nothing to debate. Neymar is head and shoulders above the Frenchman and this is coming from a guy who truly like Mbappé and wanted Madrid to beat PSG to his signature.

Neymar is just too good.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:47 pm

You guys don't watch games....  don't realize Neymar's missed literally 2/3 of the games the past 3 seasons... and Di Maria and Mbappe have carried the team.  Literally have no clue.

The issue for PSG has been fullbacks and lack of holding mids (which they fixed somewhat with Gueye; he's good but overhyped now).  Meunier, Dagba, Bernat and Kurzawa are black holes defensively though and that's going to get exposed.

Back on topic, PSG actually play better and don't score any less without Neymar.  They become more balanced because they play a true 433 instead of the this double pivot with Neymar as the 10 and Verratti as one of the CMs in a double pivot.  Gueye-Marquinhos-Verratti is the best lineup in the middle.

The scoring only hit a rough patch when Cavani went down in the past and you were forced to play Choupo-Moting as your CF.  With Icardi in the mix and Cavani as cover, that's no longer the problem.

Stylistically, PSG become more direct without Neymar whereas is slows down when he's in there to accommodate his dribbling and tricks.  

Mbappe is CLEARLY the best player on the team the past 2 season and every stat on the planet supports it.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:54 pm

In terms of stats... Neymar barely played last season...  and PSG scored 105 goals in Ligue 1 (Mbappe had 33 goals).  This season, they're at 50 goals in 20 games.. so the pace is 95 goals in 38 games this season (which won't happen btw since PSG literally play at half speed once the league is won, which usually happens around game 30).

Di Maria leads the club (and Ligue 1) in assists with 9.  Neymar has 5 and Mbappe has 4.  Mbappe has 13 goals (all from open play) while Neymar has 11 (4 from penalties; 3 of those penalties were fouls on Mbappe).

Not to mention defense suffers when he's in there of course.

Now explain to me how PSG are more effective with him on the pitch?

It's a mirage because he's fun to watch and does all these tricks and fancy passes. It's no more and no less effective than what PSG does without him. Unsophisticated fans get duped though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:26 pm

and to add even more...  Neymar was at his most effective during his first season... and that's because he was on the front line with Mbappe as a winger and Cavani as the CF.  There was a proper midfield to support him.

Unfortunately for Neymar, Mbappe blew up at the WC and demands to be the main scorer.  Also, Di Maria's play has made him someone you have a hard time benching.  So Tuchel made a tactical blunder (whether forced by management or on his own) to accomodate everyone and put Neymar as the 10.  

So my point isn't that Neymar isn't a fantastic player or one of the best in the world.  It's that, due to Tuchel's strategy, PSG are imbalanced when he plays and PSG are in a 4231.  They are actually less effective (assuming Choupo-Moting isn't the CF lol).

If Tuchel had any balls, he would put one of Di Maria or Icardi on the bench, play a proper 433 and have a supersub.  Then we could really compare apples to apples.

I also think it's hard to ostracize someone like Di Maria or Icardi, who are committed to PSG, when Neymar is either injured or asking to leave.  You can't completely commit to him tactically.

It's a tough spot for the manager.  But imo, Tuchel should just play the best 11 that allow the team to play at its best.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Just take the L and move on sports

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 pm

There's no L...  nobody other than me watches Ligue 1 and PSG regularly here.  So everyone else is just completely full of shit and talking entirely out of their arse.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Neymar is too important to PSG as a club atm to not be the main man I guess and Tuchel Im sure are told to treat Neymar and Mbappe as the main guys right? So often they team will have to be imbalanced to fit everyone Razz

Cavani wants to leave and Athetico wants him I read, and I keep feeling sorry for him. Hes so good but always have to deal with other star players and seemingly getting forced down the pecking order. PSG not gonna sell easily though?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Clutch wrote:Just take the L and move on sports

Laughing Razz Razz
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next