Can Brazil Or Germany Fail To Reach The Semi Finals?

+24
juvealbanian
Luca
CBarca
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
Robespierre
VanDeezNuts
S
M99
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Demon of Carthage
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
Perucho21
Firenze
Interman
Valkyrja
futbol_bill
urbaNRoots
Cruijf
McLewis
messixaviesta
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can Brazil Or Germany Fail To Reach The Semi Finals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Brazil Or Germany Fail To Reach The Semi Finals?

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Wait Sané didn't even make it into the world cup squad????? rofl rofl rofl

You totally correct, Mole. By now he should be one of their key players, imagine being so arrogant lol.

Germany can go fail in hell for all I care.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Can Brazil Or Germany Fail To Reach The Semi Finals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Brazil Or Germany Fail To Reach The Semi Finals?

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:59 am

Easily. This is NT football, not club football. All teams are deeply flawed as a result... meaning that they can lose against most teams. That's the beauty of NT football.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:28 am

i have a different take on this. I think modern football methods are now mainstream to the point where teams are training the same in England, and in Australia. Different levels of talent obviously but at NT level, you will find players who are playing in the biggest leagues in the world: England, Spain, Germany, etc...

they understand tactics well, and physically, they are up to par. So in a short tournament like the world cup, it makes it harder for the traditionally bigger nations to just blow the other teams out of the water. It's not easy to up against a group of player who are tactically committed to defend and counter like Iceland, and know they can outrun you.

To me, that's hat we are seeing so far, every single game is key, so these guys compete extra hard so far not to get blown off, and it makes for tight games.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 am

There are more factors than that, although yours are part of of it for sure. Tactics were always available and most WC NT teams had proper tactical training since forever. What's changed:

- Nutrition and athleticism - A lot of teams are fit. So the pitch has shrunk as a result
- Technology - You can get film on every team and everyone. Easier to prepare for all teams. In the past, information wasn't available to everyone
- Longer (much) top flight club seasons - players on teams that play deep into a season are out of gas come the summer. Not so much for teams with none elite players
- Better tactics overall - as you mentioned Nick
- Global scouting and recruiting and Bosman ruling - you have a lot more players from many more countries who play in good leagues as a result. Overall quality is higher. So there's less of a gap.

Etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:59 am

Neither looked very good today.

We'll see. I see no reason to overreact, and won't do so based on one game. After the second game, I'll start to make conclusions about how far I think each team will go.

Lest we forget Spain also lost their opening game in 2010 (although I would argue they looked better than either Brazil or Germany today, despite the loss)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Spain looked horrible in the matches they won, in 2010, though.
But yeah based on yesterday's performances Germany are going nowhere, and Brazil will have a short tournament as well.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:01 pm

rofl
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Just need Sergej to do a Zidane now

Can Brazil Or Germany Fail To Reach The Semi Finals? - Page 3 Sei_9733824

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:07 pm

If Serbia wins then Segej price goes up by 50m by Lotito logic. So I would prefer Serbia losing and Sergej playing like Khedira.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:09 pm

I'd rather see my future Juve players succeed, no need to play fake accountants with the sport

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Some very good foreseers again in this thread, some of those posts in the first page Very Happy Cheers for GL Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Luca wrote:I'd rather see my future Juve players succeed, no need to play fake accountants with the sport

He can succeed later and be instrumental in our 3CHL in a row together with Dybala. If he does now he'll never put a foot in Turin.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Not kidding , with the old enemy out and with all top teams looking meh, this is the best chance England are gonna get to bring it home
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Not sure hoping your would-be marquee signing to fail in a major moment is a great strategy to win the biggest club competition out there, but we'll see I guess

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:32 pm

S wrote:Not kidding , with the old enemy out and with all top teams looking meh, this is the best chance England are gonna get to bring it home

You are ignoring Argentina bruh. This is the GOATs last year, of course he is going to cling it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:37 pm

England getting high in the list of favorites just because they beat Panama papers by 6 goals Laughing
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 pm

I am still in a state of shock. Even today I was more seriously considering the possibility of Brazil bowing out than Germany bowing out.

Now its not like I was not aware of the ills that plagued the defending champions. I remember remarking to a colleague that Germany have many problems and the main reason we are still rating them so high is that their name is Germany.

The match against Sweden reaffirmed that belief. Even if playing poorly and riding on luck Germany always find a way to win.

So how could what happened today possibly happen??? Germany had never exited in a group stage. The only time they had exited in the first round was in 1938 and that had no group stage.

So how could I have ever seen this happening. I am still not quite being able to believe what happened today.

After this result I feel its better not to predict anything. International football has become too close to call. If an unfancied team without pedigree has enough belief they could even win this world cup.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:35 pm

juvealbanian wrote:England getting high in the list of favorites just because they beat Panama papers by 6 goals Laughing

Yet Belgium who everyone loves only managed 3 and they didn't score any before half time.

It's coming home, might as well embrace it now tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:59 pm

rofl incredible from the germans

The last nation I would ever expect to bow out of the group stages, especially after winning the world cup

Their group wasn't even that good Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 am

Winning the World Cup has guaranteed that the reigning Champion gets booted out in the group stage for the following World Cup. It's happened regularly since 2006.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:23 am

Lol, who started this thread in 1st place?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:10 am

Anyway,what was Neuer doing yesterday 30m from Korea's goal ? Poor guy bought into his own hype believing he could cut it as a mid ? :ROFL:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

Germany needed 2 goals with no time left. What good would staying back do? Tired of this forced hating just for the sake of it.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
juvealbanian wrote:England getting high in the list of favorites just because they beat Panama papers by 6 goals Laughing

Yet Belgium who everyone loves only managed 3 and they didn't score any before half time.

It's coming home, might as well embrace it now tbh.

I would be happy to see England win it since my two favorite NT Italy & Netherlands are out and I don't cheer for any team this WC,I would be ok with it.But I'm highly doubtful they can make it.
Let's wait and see them try their strength vs. Belgium.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3