New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by boyzis on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Mourinho it is for me. Rafa is my second choice. I dont trust young ones. Arteta and Xabi the 3rd Option.

Myself as 4th Option.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Empty Re: New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery?

Post by Jay29 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:44 pm

James Olley in the Standard:

- Mourinho wants Arsenal more than they want him
- Sanllehi/Vinai/Josh Kroenke don't want to do "a United" and constantly change managers
- There's belief Emery has "credit" from reaching the EL final, giving opportunities to young players and having Auba in-form
- Club thinks things will turn around
- Senior players are becoming tired of Emery's lengthy post-training video sessions, especially with his current level of English

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-wants-arsenal-much-more-than-they-want-him-but-problems-are-mounting-for-unai-emery-a4278036.html

All in all, it's sounding like there's no chance of Emery being sacked within the week, even if Arsenal lose to Vitoria and Leicester.

Frankly, the idea of Emery being given a stay of execution for reaching a final he got smashed in, for playing the club's most talented crop of young players in a decade, and for being bailed out by a world class striker is laughable. But I suppose the club has to be seen backing its manager, if only as damage control.

It's telling though that all the problems he's had at his old clubs - the lengthy video sessions boring the players, the lack of any real personality and authority, and tactical confusion - are all coming up here. Even Sevilla, who won 3 ELs under the guy, were sick of it by the time he left.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:08 pm

what's even more delusional is can't he sense that his stubborn ways don;t work, so why not turn to the senior players in the team and his coaching staff and develop some sort of vision between themselves for how the team should train and execute their plans. I see that being as a more respectable coach/leader, but i suppose not only Emery, but most if not all football managers are still too proud for an approach like that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm

It's an authority thing, I think. The moment the coach starts asking the players how they should play is the moment his authority over the group disappears. In turn, the senior players end up with more power than they should have.

Emery probably is consulting his coaches, but that's not much help when all of his coaching team bar Ljungberg have been with him at every club he's been to.

Thinking about it, Ljungberg's popularity likely comes from fact he's the only coach on that field who doesn't speak with a thick Spanish accent.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Arsenal's next 10 Premier League fixtures.

Leicester a LOSS
Southampton h DRAW MAYBE
Norwich a LOSS
Brighton h WIN
West Ham a DRAW
Man City h LOSS
Everton a DRAW
Bournemouth a DRAW
Chelsea h LOSS
Man Utd h LOSS

7points out of 21points

Europa League
Also difficult away fixtures

I think the squad has zero confidence in the manager and the players are showing it. The situation will only get worse. I think instead of waiting its time to switch manager.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 EIhGZoaX0AAzlSw?format=png&name=small

Exclude Burnley A which was on last matchday with nothing to play for
Now find me one, just one,convincing performance from those

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Lucas10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Vagi12New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 16847710New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Calma10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 ZRXInyBNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 37329810New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Xowen10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 TrolldolskiNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Market_15514_1390429635New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Mike110New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:26 pm

@Sina wrote:

Unai Emery's Arsenal are in decline with no sign of progress
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11853372/arsenal-in-decline-under-emery

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Lucas10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Vagi12New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 16847710New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Calma10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 ZRXInyBNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 37329810New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Xowen10New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 TrolldolskiNew era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Market_15514_1390429635New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Mike110New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:37 am

So I decided to stop watching last 3 games and enjoy some Parma football, boy how excited it was. Funny thing is Parma target is to stay out or relegation this season but somehow the team show clear identity and is tactically aware, unlike Arsenal of course. So yeah I'm completely on Unai out train now, next manager has to be elite and I don't care who, no more these mid tier or potential managers.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANTIC on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@FRANTIC wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:If you think what Thomas Tuchel could do with this squad

Wow. You’re still here then. Just seen your name and nearly spit my beer over my phone..

Wink

Holy shit @Frantic

how are you mate

what's the old crowd doing?

Beats me Hans. Haven’t spoke to any of them in ages probably around the last time you posted on the now closed forums.

FRANTIC
FRANTIC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by frbenzema2014 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 am

New era manager no 2: Who should replace Unai Emery? - Page 8 CY9tz8Z
Here are five potential candidates at varying stages in their career that could take over from Emery as Arsenal head coach.
1、Rafa Benitez
2、Julian Nagelsmann
3、Mikel Arteta
4、Carlo Ancelotti
5、Erik ten Hag

frbenzema2014
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

https://www.magliecalciocn.net/premier-league-c-281.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 am

So, about that thing I said about the board giving Emery this block of "easier" games to sort it out?

The Independent claim that is exactly what's happening:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-unai-emery-manager-latest-news-sack-west-ham-a9215356.html?utm_source=reddit.com

The gist of the report is the board will "reassess" Emery after the West Ham game on December 9th. The board apparently met over the international break to discuss the situation.

The writer claims that no shortlist has been drafted yet, because apparently the club thinks a few wins will get the team back on track. There's this funny line as well: "There is still faith in the manager’s vision, but increasing worry over the application of it."

Ljungberg would be prime candidate for a caretaker position (kinda obvious, because Emery's sacking would see all his coaching team leave as well), and apparently the club would consider Arteta, Allegri, Naglesmann and Vieira.

Reading between the lines, I think Emery is a dead man walking and he knows it. It was unusual seeing him throw on every forward he had yesterday. He was desperate for that win. Giving him this block of games is just the club's way of buying time to secure a replacement - even though it's pissing away points.

In other news, the club's form is so bad, it's forced Sir Chips Keswick to resign as chairman. It makes little difference, because he had no influence anyway, but worth pointing out. The power at the club is firmly with Sanllehi and Venketashem now, and they're answering to Josh Kroenke.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 pm

"There is still faith in the manager’s vision, but increasing worry over the application of it."

That is basically Emery's Arsenal career in a nutshell. He can't get the execution right. His ideas are admirable and sometimes you can see what he wants but he just can't apply it. I think it was easier when he was at Sevilla because at least the players could understand. Language barrier seems like his biggest issue atm.

Anyways I hope the shortlist is being evaluated again and has Pochettino in it. I don't buy that he won't manage us. It's Arsenal lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Sami Mokbel of the Mail reckons Pochettino would be considered. The club kinda has to consider him, don't they?

Emery's Sevilla had similar problems to Emery's Arsenal. Maybe he had more suitable players at Sevilla (like two hulking big DMs, for a start) but the weird team selections, changes in formation, inconsistent style of football and general cowardice were all present.

Frankly, I've seen enough of this guy's teams to know his vision ain't all that, nevermind his application of it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:19 pm

I think i just really really wanted him to succeed here. Great guy tbh.

Anyways i rather have Vieira at Arsenal than Arteta. I don't know why but Arteta sounds like a disaster in the making. His personality just doesn't seem manager type. Or maybe i just don't like the fact he is groomed by pep.

Also Cesc needs to come back home and manage us before any other ex-Arsenal player

Allegri, Naglesmann and Pochettino should be ahead anyways.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:35 pm

As long as you get someone who doesn't approach every game scared of the opponent you'll be fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Niko Kovac is available

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:57 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Allegri and Pochettino are available, what the fuck is wrong with this club?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:00 pm

@RealGunner wrote:

so another fail then
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:17 pm

The rest of this league campaign is like overly extended pre season anyway,so plenty of time for Arteta to gain experience :coffee:

Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:05 pm

Allegri linked today bounce

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Raul and Edu need to do whatever they can to get Allegri.

He is one of few top modern day coaches out there. If we get him and he can't turn our fortunes around, then i guess we'll know for good that we are just shit and beyond repair for the immediate future.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Nuno suddenly the favourite...

thoughts?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:08 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Nuno suddenly the favourite...

thoughts?

Allegri really can't speak a word of English, can he

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:55 pm

thoughts?

idk hey, could just be flavour of the moment. Some managers just have their level, and he could be one of them. But then again, you'll never know until you give the man the opportunity
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:18 pm

@El Gunner wrote:

thoughts?

idk hey, could just be flavour of the moment. Some managers just have their level, and he could be one of them. But then again, you'll never know until you give the man the opportunity

Chelsea were also interested in the Summer, So I'm inclined to believe that he has the ability to manage a top team, theoretically.

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next