Guiltybystander
Ganso
the xcx
Pedram
Mr Nick09
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mourinho's one flaw this summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho's one flaw this summer?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Most good DMs convert to CB when they get older. Same goes for RB and LB... but rarely have i seen a CB move to DM and be wc at it. In our case, it's especially hard since we expect our mids to go B2B.

So to me, Ramos and Pepe are very poor options to play midfield. Coentrao looks like he could, mainly because he's always been good offensively, he has good speed, good tactical awareness and a huge work rate. A lot of tools there. Varane... i can't really say since i've seen him only once play DM.

So it really comes down to Khedira, Granero, Alonso, Sahin and perhaps Coentrao. These are the only guys that have enough skill offensively and defensively to play the B2B role. That's fine if you're playing a 4-2-3-1... but too thin in a 4-3-3, even if there's a more traditional DM role available. In today's game, even the DM needs good passing and tactical skills in the midfield.

Nick has a valid concern. But i think we will just stick to the 4-2-3-1 in 90% of our games.

Back to top Go down

Mourinho's one flaw this summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho's one flaw this summer?

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:25 pm

this is nit picking at its best.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:Most good DMs convert to CB when they get older. Same goes for RB and LB... but rarely have i seen a CB move to DM and be wc at it. In our case, it's especially hard since we expect our mids to go B2B.

So to me, Ramos and Pepe are very poor options to play midfield. Coentrao looks like he could, mainly because he's always been good offensively, he has good speed, good tactical awareness and a huge work rate. A lot of tools there. Varane... i can't really say since i've seen him only once play DM.

So it really comes down to Khedira, Granero, Alonso, Sahin and perhaps Coentrao. These are the only guys that have enough skill offensively and defensively to play the B2B role. That's fine if you're playing a 4-2-3-1... but too thin in a 4-3-3, even if there's a more traditional DM role available. In today's game, even the DM needs good passing and tactical skills in the midfield.

Nick has a valid concern. But i think we will just stick to the 4-2-3-1 in 90% of our games.
dont you think it's better to have a group of 4 mids we can rotate/play together? we have xabi/sahin/khedira, one is missing, a more defensive oriented player, not granero, not coentrao, preferably not pepe. It has always been my only concern, we have depth like you couldnt believe in attack, but not the same in the deeper half of the midfield.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:36 pm

So no one believes that we will keep Gago this Season? we don't have quite the same depth in the midfield as in the attacking part, and if we are going for a 4-3-3 against Barca we need to have more than 4 proven midfielders
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Gago is gone, if the recent Mou interviews didn't tell you.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:40 pm

we wont keep gago, in the interview in l.a. mou said we are missing sahin,di maria, and higuain.

leaving gago out of the sentence on purpose.

also he isnt going to the european or chinese tours just like canales,leon,lass,etc.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 pm

some still think gago is staying?
I lol'd Mourinho's one flaw this summer? - Page 2 Zo6s7o
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 pm

I told you about Altintop!

Anyway, Im not too worried about the midfield positions. I would rather we keep Lass, but that is looking unlikely, even without him, we have Xabi as the proper DM and Sahin and Khedira rotating (Sahin expected to be the starter, but he hasnt even played a game for us yet, who knows), with Granero in the mix. Pepe, Varane or Albiol can easily deputise since we have huge depth in CBs. Coentrao too, in fact it seems Coentrao will play a kind of bit-part role in his first season, a bit at LB, a bit on either wing, a bit in the midfield, hopefully a bit more at RB...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:22 pm

This is ridiculous, khedira is miles better than lass.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:This is ridiculous, khedira is miles better than lass.

No. dont even joke about that. also lets end the lass khedira thing as he is leaving, no point in continuing this.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:09 am

coentrao needs to play left-back and marcelo right-back
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:54 pm

It's funny, Mourinho adressed my concern last night, in his post match interview, saying he wont ask for anybody else. Oh well, as long as it works and that the forwards put a lot more discipline into defending...

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:07 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:

No. dont even joke about that. also lets end the lass khedira thing as he is leaving, no point in continuing this.

You dont know nothing
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Mourinho thinks that as well...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 am

Gago is as good as gonee
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:11 am

Granero is beasting out this preseason so i expect him to cover quite well along with Sahin and Khedira
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:48 am

Mourinho's biggest flaw is that his teams are really not dependent on team chemistry.Dont expect a sudden increase in team chemistry and tactics ,it is never gona happen.May be player understanding will be improved but tactical improvement and player position understanding etc will remains the same as last year.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum