World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

+52
danyjr
Ganso
Mr Nick09
guest7
Winter is Coming
phenom
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Thimmy
Blue Barrett
Bankz
Kebab
Jay29
Myesyats
Valkyrja
jibers
Robespierre
terrance511
Rebaño Sagrado
Kaladin
juvealbanian
futbol_bill
CBarca
Luca
farfan
Casciavit
Babun
Doc
McLewis
GRude
Freeza
El Gunner
zigra
halamadrid2
Firenze
Lucifer
BusterLfc
Nishankly
RealGunner
BarcaLearning
Art Morte
messixaviesta
Cruijf
M99
rincon
Unique
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
S
Zagadka
urbaNRoots
56 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Who will qualify? (Select two teams)

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Messi stop taking penalties please.

Also Argentina's players need to grow some balls, even when Messi was in terrible positions they ignored better options to pass to him.

I get he's your best player but showing a bit of individualism would be nice.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:02 pm

BusterLfc wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:
Biglia is a DM, not a creative midfielder. Mascherano-Biglia was Argentina's midfield in 2014 when they reached the final.

I know that and it now looks very good that they did with that team loool... its so bad to see Argentina cant produce better midfielders for so long?

Benega coming on for him now.... it should get better now...

Lanzini was a really good creative player for Argentina, he played so well for the NT but got injured right before the WC started

Nothing is going well it seems then, Argentina wingers so poor today, if 2014 Di Maria showed up things might have been better. Musa on the other side and the FBs did little, so its all up to Messi and Aguero to make something out of nothing.

Hope the next two games the opponents wont be as good defensively, but it doesnt look good Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Quite liked the look of Pavon mind, think he should start in the next game as one of the few players who were direct and looking to create something outside of Messi.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Nishankly wrote:This group is closer than I thought it would be, Messi :facepalm:
It was always the most competitive group, although I thought we would do better

Overall match as expected, our defense was in shambles, midfield provided nothing, and it depended on whether Messi could put the team on his shoulders or not. Today, he could not.

Never expected us to do well this WC, been saying quarters is our ceiling from day 1, but I didn't expect us to do so badly so early. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the tournament.

When Masche is your best midfielder (player?) of the match you know you are in trouble.

Small note on VAR, if the pens against Spain and France were pens VAR should be consistent and award the same to the foul on Pavon. Not complaining too much because the other pen was soft too though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Was this your best team today BC?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:11 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Nishankly wrote:Was this your best team today BC?

I haven't watched like BC but i can tell it wasn't tbh Laughing

Pavon and Banega were much better than the players they replaced.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Is it the best team possible? No.
Is it the best team they'll play? Probably.

Sampaoli is the original fraud.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:15 pm

We have a bunch of key injuries and good players that were simply not called up, but there is no one obvious that is not there (aside from Icardi and he has tough competition to get in)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Di Maria should start playing in midfield again. As he's getting slower and older, its better to shift him inside than putting him outwide.

Mascherano
Banega---Di Maria
Messi-Aguero-Pavon

Would it be too radical a change from Sampaoli to play a 4-3-3 though ? I havent followed Argentina in qualifiers.

Last edited by S on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I haven't watched like BC but i can tell it wasn't tbh Laughing

Pavon and Banega were much better than the players they replaced.
Yeah hopefully they start over Di Maria and Biglia, not that I'm a huge fan of Banega anymore. We really miss Lanzini.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Messi-Agüero-Pavon
Dymbo-Di Maria
Mascherano

:bow: imo
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

The more I think about it the more upset I am about the VAR incident. At first I was like "oh well, whatever, we should be winning without that pen anyways", but the more I think about it the more I realize that:

-The ref made a clear and obvious mistake

-Someone looked at a video of it, saw that it was clearly and obviously a mistake (no ball contact, clearly stumped Pavon's foot) and decided "nah, not worth it"

-There were similar instances against France and Spain and both were awarded

We might or might have not scored, but I'm feeling increasingly salty about not getting that
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 pm

1-0 Croatia
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Can't even beat Iceland :facepalm:

One has to be honest, in the last two years Messi hasn't done much to stake his claim in the CR v Messi debate. Unlike the other guy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Actually though. I think Argentina's run in the KO stages could be easier on paper if they finish 2nd and not 1st in their group. Someone confirm hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:Actually though. I think Argentina's run in the KO stages could be easier on paper if they finish 2nd and not 1st in their group. Someone confirm hmm

France in the Round of 16 Laughing

Wont be so easy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:53 pm

El Gunner wrote:Actually though. I think Argentina's run in the KO stages could be easier on paper if they finish 2nd and not 1st in their group. Someone confirm hmm

They'll meet France if they finish second. Denmark if they finish first by current standings.

Both sides of the brackets are looking to be pretty even though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:42 pm

I was more thinking beyond that stage (quarter final and after) because if I'm not mistaken if they finish first they could end up facing Germany (quarters) and Spain (semi) and then likely France/Brazil in the final
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:53 pm

El Gunner wrote:I was more thinking beyond that stage (quarter final and after) because if I'm not mistaken if they finish first they could end up facing Germany (quarters) and Spain (semi) and then likely France/Brazil in the final

If they finish first , they face Spain in the quarters. Provided Spain wins their group too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:26 pm

S wrote:

France in the Round of 16 Laughing

Wont be so easy

If France is 2nd we should throw the last game lol, would mean seeing Brazil in semis though (if we make it that far)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:10 am

Oh *bleep*. It's seems like there is no easy road for poor old Messi.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:30 am

live scenes from harmonica's house

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 am

Nigeria got tactically owned so bad last night. Playing Mikel as attacking midfielder, wtf? They had absolutely nothing going through the middle for them. Decent wingers, so they should have attacked the flanks with pace, but I saw maybe one time a full-back overlapping their winger. Just really poor tactically.

Also, Iwobi is such a low IQ player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Nigeria were overhyped because of their shitty jungle kit being the only non generic kit at the WC. Imagine having to rely on Mikel, Iwobi and Moses as your best players Laughing
GRude
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Pretty sure no one was over hyping Nigeria. They are not expected to get out of their group. That was clear from the drawing.

Their kits are probably the best at the tournament though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next