Varane is probably our player of the season.

+9
BarcaLearning
VanDeezNuts
sportsczy
titosantill
Doc
Perucho21
farfan
Valkyrja
Adit
13 posters

Go down

Varane is probably our player of the season. Empty Varane is probably our player of the season.

Post by Adit Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Out of all of them out looks like he was the most consistent high performer this season. Guy is a beast.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Varane is probably our player of the season. Empty Re: Varane is probably our player of the season.

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 04, 2018 10:04 pm

He's the Ronaldo of defenders
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Varane is probably our player of the season. Empty Re: Varane is probably our player of the season.

Post by farfan Fri May 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Remember when people here were so eager to get rid of him because of some injury setbacks? Laughing as if young promising CBs grow on trees.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Another classic performance in a clasico, added to his collection
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun May 06, 2018 11:06 pm

I remember for the longest after his clasico performance in 2013 we began to think whether or not he would live up to that hype surrounding him after that season. With Pepe still around it all seemed doomed for him

A lot of fans here were angry that we sold pepe and gave Varane the starting role. Its paid off. What a mmonster this guy is.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 06, 2018 11:08 pm

I was more upset we got rid of a still WC defender in Pepe and replaced him with the teddy bear with a heartbeat Vallejo. Varane getting the starting role was just a natural progression but this season, he really has shown he should be part of the best CBs convo. He won't but he should.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 07, 2018 12:06 am

to be considered a ronaldo of defenders, his fitness level needs to get better....i dunno about that player of the season part though
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 07, 2018 2:24 am

Arguably the best player this season.  Everyone else played half a season (either by choice or due to injury).  Varane pretty much held the fort.  Had troubles with Ashraf next to him and our 2nd keeper (who sucked) behind him....  but actually held his side well.

In fact, to me, it's between Ramos and Varane.  Maybe both.  Ronaldo's only played half a season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon May 07, 2018 3:32 am

I agree, Varane is up there for me. It is hard to not have Ronaldo there (we would have basically no goals if it wasn't for him), plus I would throw Ramos and Keylor (Keylor mostly stepped up recently but we would not be in the final without him) into the mix.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 pm

I've always thought Navas has been amazing for Real, and nows its been so many years ppl still underrate him, even some Real fans correct? I agree Varane has been very good this season, and matured a lot. It probably because the saves are more memorable and key, but Navas has kept in u and won u so many games? Yet he never ever gets mentioned in these talks, or the best GKs in the world talks?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon May 07, 2018 4:54 pm

He’s mentioned in the post above, lol. But yes, he does get left out, and to be fair to fans who aren’t talking him up nonstop, since his injury he has been more of a rollercoaster of a goalkeeper- making WC saves and having semi-professional blunders.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Navas despite a few mistakes has been one of our top performers and most consistent players this season.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:Navas despite a few mistakes has been one of our top performers and most consistent players this season.

I disagree. He's had some very good performances at times, but he's been inconsistent and occasionally, he's been very prone to making basic errors that have lead to us conceding unnecessary goals. I genuinely think he was the best goalkeeper in the world during the 2015-16 season, and he was great the season after as well, but ever since then the majority of his performances have ranged from mistake- prone to pretty decent. A couple of great reaction saves every season doesn't change that, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, he's good at what he does and like Iker he's got lightning fast reflexes, but at this point in his Real Madrid career, I don't think the sum of his performances warrant some kind of unsung hero status. Like vanDEEZ said, his performances have been like a rollercoaster for some time now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Thimmy wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Navas despite a few mistakes has been one of our top performers and most consistent players this season.

I disagree. He's had some very good performances at times, but he's been inconsistent and occasionally, he's been very prone to making basic errors that have lead to us conceding unnecessary goals. I genuinely think he was the best goalkeeper in the world during the 2015-16 season, and he was great the season after as well, but ever since then the majority of his performances have ranged from mistake- prone to pretty decent. A couple of great reaction saves every season doesn't change that, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, he's good at what he does and like Iker he's got lightning fast reflexes, but at this point in his Real Madrid career, I don't think the sum of his performances warrant some kind of unsung hero status. Like vanDEEZ said, his performances have been like a rollercoaster for some time now.

So you're saying that since this season started back in August/September, he hasn't been consistent?

He was saving our asses and constantly being let down by our defense early on in the season. Like I said he only notable mistakes unfortunately came at the worst time (Juve & Bayern).
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 08, 2018 2:50 pm

First half of the season (when he came back from injury), Navas was just as bad as the rest of them. He's only turned it on in February.

He almost cost us both the Juve and Bayern tie... at the same token, he's saved us in those too.

That's the thing with Navas. He makes basic errors and then incredible saves. So when you balance those out, it hasn't been the best of years for him. In prior years, his great saves largely outweighed his blunders.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 pm

I have the same opinion as Timmy. I also feel the same way about Varane. Both are great and invaluable to club, but both have had their moments. I would put Ronaldo first even though he didn’t really get going until January. He is the main reason we are in CL final. I also rate Ramos highly this year. Other than the poor start as most of the team had, he has been consistently good this season IMO.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm not sure I can call Varane player of the season when his performances are tied to Ramos being on the pitch or not. He is a fantastic defender but he still can't lead the defense when Ramos is not alongside him and his performances vary by quite a bit
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I'm not sure I can call Varane player of the season when his performances are tied to Ramos being on the pitch or not. He is a fantastic defender but he still can't lead the defense when Ramos is not alongside him and his performances vary by quite a bit

As far as his defensive skills go there is nobody better out there as far as I'm concerned. But just like Ronaldo plays better with Benzema than he does with Bale of course he is better when he is paired with the greatest captain in football
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 09, 2018 3:36 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I'm not sure I can call Varane player of the season when his performances are tied to Ramos being on the pitch or not. He is a fantastic defender but he still can't lead the defense when Ramos is not alongside him and his performances vary by quite a bit

Does fine with Nacho as his CB partner. as long as he stayed on his side. Wasn't as strong when they moved him into Ramos' side..  his issue with Vallejo was general lol.

I also think that it was inopportune that we faced Juve with Vallejo. That was a tough one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 09, 2018 6:46 am

It was innoportune for Vallejo to have his debut in a decisive CL tie. The guy got all the blame and he wasnt for fault at any of they goals. Played good
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down