This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history

+35
Cruijf
RealGunner
jibers
Blue Barrett
sportsczy
juvealbanian
zigra
VanDeezNuts
Hapless_Hans
BarcaLearning
alexjanosik
breva
Thimmy
Robespierre
Clutch
Kaladin
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
CBarca
Reinhard
Valkyrja
Doc
Warrior
Myesyats
Adit
S
futbol_bill
guest7
Freeza
Mr Nick09
Unique
terrance511
Winter is Coming
Firenze
Interman
39 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history - Page 4 Empty Re: This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Because I know that GL posters can't be trusted I went to take a look at the record of some of the teams mentioned here that were DOMINATING the European Cup and their league at the same time:

1) Bayern Munich won 3 European Cup (old format for newbies) in 73-74, 74-75, 75-76. But they only won the league in 71-72, 72-73, 73-74. They only did the double in 73-74

2) Sacchi Milan only one the league one time in 87-88 and then the CL in 88-89 and 89-90 so no double and I think they won the league again the year after Sacchi left.

3) you have Ajax who won the CL from 70 to 73 and then they were dominating their league but who cares about Eredivisie.

You have barca recently, the original goat Madrid and this Madrid now dominating Europe.

Our record is already better than sacchi's Milan, if you just want to look at number. If you factor in the fact that the CL is harder than ever, we stack up well against anyone with our 3 win in 4 years, like I said this is an unprecented run of dominating Europe.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history - Page 4 Empty Re: This Real Madrid is the greatest team of all time and Ronaldo is the greatest player in history

Post by S Wed May 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Wow you're delusional

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Guillem Balague
✔️
@GuillemBalague
I see. The team that has got to 4 champions league finals in 5 years are seen the underdogs Vs Liverpool/Roma. A reminder. They got to those finals (winning three titles in the process) with the same weaknesses that everyone seem to have identified. I wouldn't be so confident

i take it this guy doesnt get drug tested. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Balaque used to be reliable and credible, BUT in past couple of years he has completely lost it. Not reliable atvall
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 pm

it's somewhat true, plebs can only understand greatness so little, and when reality hit, they group it under term lucky, refdrid, transvestite etc etc.

it's like explaining string theory to a pigeon.

im a parrot, don @ me.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 9:41 pm

GL in denial a team that won the champions league 2 years in a row, won 3 CL in 4 years, has 8 straight CL semis is about to play it's 3rd final in a row, is not one of the greatest team ever. We don't need to win another CL for this to be true.

If you deny this minimum, and I am not saying we are the best team all time, just instantly on achievement top 5-7 all time, then you are a fcking moron.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Atleast its good to know you changed your stance from best team of all time to top 5-7

Welcome back to earth buddy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 9:57 pm

I never came in this thread saying we were the best team ever, not my premise. I simply said we are among the best teams ever and to me that's what matters, to be in that conversation. I'm not one for rankings but it's like with players, you have a group of guys like Moaradona, Messi, Kommander, Cruyff,  Di Stefano, Pele, how do you rank who is the best? We will all agree they are a special tiers but then it's a matter of who you saw, who you grandfathered told you about, which team you are a fan of,
whether you support HGH users, what values you consider most important when you rate players of this level.

To me we are in this conversation of the best European teams ever with 80s Milan, 70s Bayern, 70s Munich, 00s barca, 50s Madrid, etc... We are in the conversation of those mythic runs.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Unique wrote:the madrid fans do make me laugh sometimes. how many times this season did they want to cut off benzemas head and use it to beat zidane to death with. now the team is the best ever and benz is da man Laughing Laughing

i sincerely think Real Madrid squad can manage itself, no need for Zidane who seems just there for the good looks

Probably the squad did not have enough energy to win a treble, and did not bother to be relevant on all fronts this season. Kommander cannot beast endlessly during 10 months etc. So they were able to manage their form and come out at their strongest for when it matters (Champions League) because they believe it was within their reach. A strategy that works, and i respect this lucidity and consistency even if i'll root for Liverpool Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 10:04 pm

For the record I think we are reaching the end of a cycle and it's actually exceptional we pulled through the way we did in the past 3 months to reach the finals.

I would still cut off Benzema head to beat Zidane with it. They have both been shot this season save some exceptional.moments
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Regardless of how this final ends, it is surely the end of a cycle for RM. The majority of the RM players have been defying the laws of time, but players like Modric, Ronaldo, Benz, Bale, Ramos, Keylor, the core of the team essentially, can't keep it going forever. Some have already shown it is their time to go.

A major retooling in the summer could keep us in the running to continue making the semifinals, but without replacing some of the deadwood in attack we might as well take next season off.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 02, 2018 10:26 pm

I think anyone who says this Madrid team isn’t among the greats of all time is delusional at best, but the titles states they are the GOAT, which is being refuted here.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Regardless of how this final ends, it is surely the end of a cycle for RM. The majority of the RM players have been defying the laws of time, but players like Modric, Ronaldo, Benz, Bale, Ramos, Keylor, the core of the team essentially, can't keep it going forever. Some have already shown it is their time to go.

A major retooling in the summer could keep us in the running to continue making the semifinals, but without replacing some of the deadwood in attack we might as well take next season off.

In this regard it was quite particular to not make major transfers last summer, as if Real choose to gamble their season (which turned out well)

Ceballos 16 millions
Hernandez 24 millions

Never heard of both, are these legit prospects for the new era ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Warrior wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:Regardless of how this final ends, it is surely the end of a cycle for RM. The majority of the RM players have been defying the laws of time, but players like Modric, Ronaldo, Benz, Bale, Ramos, Keylor, the core of the team essentially, can't keep it going forever. Some have already shown it is their time to go.

In this regard it was quite particular to not make major transfers last summer, as if Real choose to gamble their season (which turned out well)

Ceballos 16 millions
Hernandez 24 millions

Certainly not. Squad players.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Warrior wrote:

Ceballos 16 millions
Hernandez 24 millions

they are it's not different then us signing Ramos or Marcelo when they were 19. they just need time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 03, 2018 12:04 am

Unique wrote:
Guillem Balague
✔️
@GuillemBalague
I see. The team that has got to 4 champions league finals in 5 years are seen the underdogs Vs Liverpool/Roma. A reminder. They got to those finals (winning three titles in the process) with the same weaknesses that everyone seem to have identified. I wouldn't be so confident

i take it this guy doesnt get drug tested. Laughing

Funnily enough, this is actually a pretty sane comment from him. With the exception of the 2014 final, commentators rated Atletico higher in the 2016 final. Commentators thought Jjuve's "defense" would have been too strong for Madrid in the 2017 final and now, this.

Personally, Madrid would be favourites. They are 2 time defending champions, how could they not be?! But that's about it, Liverpool can beat Madrid badly if they decide to fk up. Honestly, it's gonna be hell of a tie.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
3) you have Ajax who won the CL from 70 to 73 and then they were dominating their league but who cares about Eredivisie.

Wtf is this. You look up the actual 1970 CL winner and say again no one cares about the eredivisie. Don't confuse today's situation with the 70s.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 26, 2018 9:46 pm

We are just delusional fans right? Y'all can shut the fck up now.

Not saying we are the best ever because it's a pointless argument, but this is the best team in Europe in like 30 years.

BACK TO BACK TO BACK

8 straight semis
4 finals
4 wins
3 in a row
4 in 5 years

Suck it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 26, 2018 10:06 pm

banana
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat May 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Proud of the lads Molenation
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 26, 2018 10:08 pm

We have just monopolized the UEFA Champions League
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Congrats @delusional Nick :coffee:

But no, this aint the best team of all time , sorry. This was the whole point of this thread.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 pm

S wrote:Congrats @delusional Nick :coffee:

But no, this aint the best team of all time , sorry
i sometimes wonder if they ever saw peps barca play. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 pm

lol calma you look like a Sergio Ramos GL account.

Yeah you the greatest ever blah blah blah finals finals.
We all know you didn't deserve even half of those finals with your latest being the most lucky and referee backed road to final and trophy.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Pep played more beautifully.

We just win and win and win.

Winning > aesthetics
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pep played more beautifully.

We just win and win and win.

Winning > aesthetics

Pep won the league too.

Pep's team was competing for the treble every year.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next