VanDeezNuts
titosantill
Mr Nick09
guest7
Valkyrja
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do we get rid of them ?  Empty How do we get rid of them ?

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 am

You know who. Everybody is aware that they are utter scrubs at this point on gigantic wages. Don't think they are fancying a move to China either. Not even Yanited and Mourinho are that stupid to splash 100m+ on a finished Bale, whereas with Benz, I'm not sure we can call him a footballer anymore. That shit mercato last summer really fecked us and it might follow us for the foreseeable future
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How do we get rid of them ?  Empty Re: How do we get rid of them ?

Post by guest7 Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:53 am

Easy. Bench them. Bale got ambitions and Benzema is probably going to earn better in China or something
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:02 pm

How do you get rid of a player who doesn't want to go, has no interest in going, is fully adapted to the squad, his coach loves him like his little bro, his teammates love him and think he is misunderstood and is great, his president loves him, is still a starter...? You can't so stop thinking about him leaving. Unless there is a dramatic turn Benzema is still here next summer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:How do you get rid of a player who doesn't want to go, has no interest in going, is fully adapted to the squad, his coach loves him like his little bro, his teammates love him and think he is misunderstood and is great, his president loves him, is still a starter...? You can't so stop thinking about him leaving. Unless there is a dramatic turn Benzema is still here next summer

Benz is pretty much a given but the only chance we get rid of Bale is if one of the top clubs in England show any kind of interest. The question is, why would any club at this point buy am overrated, overpaid crock ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:12 am

i used to be of the opinion that benzema will still be here next summer. but i have a feeling florentino is ready to let him go and unlike before, zidane's hands are tied in this matter. the club wants to sign players and despite what's been said to the media, they know this is benzema's last go. i don't even think some magical performance by him can save him at this point.

same goes for bale- only issue is flo is going to try and hold out for more cash. its a case of your turn my turn; we won the league and ucl last season, so flo hardly infringed on zidane's plans, now the way the season has gone especially in the league and others barely helping cristiano, i don't see zidane infringing on flo's....even zidane probably recognizes he has to make these moves now
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:51 am

As bad as both have been I just haven't seen any evidence that they are in any trouble with the club or have any chance of signing for new clubs.

Bale is the only one I could see going to United especially considering how bad the Alexis experiment is going, plus Martial seems to be on the outs. Still no rumors recently.

Another factor we haven't really discussed that works against us in this aspect is the World Cup. It is likely to make the market all crazy, with the biggest clubs buying the hot WC prospects. Both Bale and Benz will not be on display, unfortunately.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 pm

i look at it differently; this isnt the winter window and what is evident is the club wants to buy, they're not going to buy, not sell and have players with high wage demands still on their books, only a miracle (on their side), and extremely poor luck (on our side) could see them stay. world cup or not there will be teams that want their service, the biggest issue is, how much will such teams be willing to pay, and will flo hold out over cash?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

I’m not so sure, teams that needed strikers have taken care of that issue last summer: Chelsea, Arsenal, United all had big striker signings. So I really don’t think anyone will be up for Benz, unless you have any options- I’m not so optimistic.

Then there’s Bale who’s stock is falling every day, we should have sold him to United last summer. That door might be closed, so where does he go? There has been nothing in the media to suggest he’s going anywhere.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm

The view in the UK seemingly has never wavered. When I hear UK announcers, they always seem to rave about him and how unfair the criticism is. Plus there was a story from El Chiringuito (I know not the most reliable) last night that Bale has already agreed on a deal with Man U. I do think he definitely is going, the only obstacle will be (as Tito says) how much will Flo demand for Bale. He may also use the Bale interest to try once again for De Gea, although I hear after this week's game that there is interest in Kepa.

Benz on the other hand is a different story. As long as Zidane is here, I don't see Benz asking to leave and on the other hand I doubt any interest from anyone. I believe the only ones that haven't seen thru this fraud is Zidane (plus Chad and Turok, and sometimes Sports). I don't think Flo can even give him away.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Morata, Lukaku and Lacazette/Aubameyang... and now Sanchez... have all more or less flopped.

As bad as Benzema is by Madrid standards... he may actually be better than all those guys bar Sanchez (who is being Mourinho'd). Such a sad testament to the state of CF talent these days.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 pm

There is no team in the top 6 in England that would touch Benzema with a 10 foot pole. Not with his 8 mil net and 5 goals in la Liga. This privilege status Benzema has in Madrid would not be tolerated in any other elite team. But since we have been winning CLs in the past 4 years we have tolerated this. If we were trophyless seasons after season Perez would have been extremely aggressive signing other players.

Again Benzema must kiss Cristiano feet every week in training, and thank him for being in his life.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 pm

That's this year man.  He had 19 goals all comps last season and 20+ every season before that starting in 2010-2011.  Other than Lukaku, none of the other guys will hit the 20 goal mark.

If he was 32, I'd agree with you.  He's 30.  I guarantee you someone will (and should) take a gamble on him. Madrid won't get 100 mil given his age.... but 40-50 mil is likely.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Thats still a mediocre return for a player who makes 8 mil net in England. How many CFs or players even make that kind of money in England. Highly compensated player with mediocre return in the last two years.

His age is one more reason no one will gamble on him. If you pay a CF like that he needs to be a star on your front line and deliver goals that win games week after week.benzema is not capable of that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 pm

LOL, Sports still trying to convince us of the fraud's capabilities.

The only place I see him getting paid what he currently get is in China!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 pm

let's look at something, Benzema makes about 8 millions net per year in Madrid, if we assume the tax rate is the same in spain and in england at 50%, then that's 16 millions euros in charge for Madrid. in pounds, that 14 mil, which comes to about 270 per week in Madrid. This is of course an oversimplification.

But assuming he makes that much, that would put him just below 1) Alexis 500k, 2) Ozil 350k, 3) Pogba 290k but ahead Kun 260k according to this mirror article. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/top-10-premier-league-wage-11954463

he would be the top earner at Chelsea, Spurs, City, and Liverpool rofl Man Yoo are already paying lukaku and benzema is not an upgrade, and Arsenal has Aubameyang. in those clubs he would be called to lead with goals, not to hide behind CR.

come on Sports, this guy with his 10 goals in la liga last year and 5 this season, you really think a top english club will offer him a deal similar to what he has in madrid with his performances? it will rain in hell before that happens.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:51 pm

If Morata can score 15 goals coming off the bench and getting scrap minutes in LL and only 11 as a starter in the EPL, how many goals do you think Benz can score in the EPL if he has 5 goals in LL as an undisputed starter?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Looking down the EPL table, Benz might be able to start for Burnley or Everton or Newcastle. MAYBE.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:03 am

i actually agree with sports on this; there are teams out there that are desperate, and as he mentioned, there are strikers who have been signed that have flopped, there's a market out there. benzema may not want to leave but clubs and agents have a way of handling these things; i'm not too worried about this tbh.

my main concern right now is bayern and ucl...and with respect to transfers its who are we bringing in. come on do you guys really think we'll buy and just have players with inflated wages on our books? there where excuses in previous seasons, but not anymore
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 am

What teams "desperately" need a striker?

And more specifically what team will buy a 100m striker and 1 season later go out and buy Benzema as a replacement?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 am

Chelsea for sure. Bayern for sure. Arsenal may go for it to play a 3 striker setup. If Griezmann comes to Madrid, we may sell them Benzema to keep things friendly. Heck, Atleti may need Benz regardless of whether Grizzy comes to Madrid. Pep has always been a huge fan of his and he actually doesn't like Aguero that much strangely (may be an opportunity for Madrid re Aguero).

There are actually a ton of options.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:51 am

All of the scenarios you are describing are highly unrealistic.

Morata and Giroud are both cheaper options than Benzema would be, and he has proven not to be able to lead the line.

Bayern have Lewandowski, why in the world would they let go of potentially to best CF in football to sign mediocre one.

Arsenal have Aubameyang, he is already a better CF than Benzema. if they want to play with 3 forwards there are cheaper alternatives.

Atletico would already have Costa, and even if they lose Griezmann, they are not paying Benzema 8 mil net lol

City are not selling a CF that returns 35 goals per season to sign benzema and pay him more than the CF they let go off

You guys forget that other clubs sign CFs because they are n1 guys in their attack, outside of madrid that's how it works. Time and time again, Benzema has failed to live up to the status of Elite CF. And now, even if other clubs would be interested in him, he makes too much money for what he offers. So why would benzema leave madrid to go in another club make less money? he has said it times and again, he wont go. You literally need to stick him to the bench for a full year for him to even start thinking about it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:19 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Looking down the EPL table, Benz might be able to start for Burnley or Everton or Newcastle. MAYBE.

With his current performance level, I highly doubt he'd be a starter for any of those teams. Talent means nothing without effectivity. These days, he's effectively wasting possession, most of the time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:23 am

sportsczy wrote:Chelsea for sure. Bayern for sure. Arsenal may go for it to play a 3 striker setup. If Griezmann comes to Madrid, we may sell them Benzema to keep things friendly. Heck, Atleti may need Benz regardless of whether Grizzy comes to Madrid. Pep has always been a huge fan of his and he actually doesn't like Aguero that much strangely (may be an opportunity for Madrid re Aguero).

There are actually a ton of options.

This is crazy
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm

once again i agree with sports, chelsea already complaining about morata, they may let go of their coach, football isn't always x and o's, yes we know benzema sucks, i know he's been terrible for a while cos ive been crying on here for like 5 years straight that we needed to sign a co-cf, but coaches, managers, directors aren't fans; they have different priorities, if they can get a good bargain for him, trust me they'll make a move.....but that's the problem right there 'Bargain'; florentino 2.0 doesn't believe in that....he'd much rather do a james type deal. it'll surprise you, but i believe for whatever reason he'll have suitors.

titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Bargain has two meanings Tito. There is the transfer price that you are hoping Flo will literally give him away. The other is the salary that Benz will accept. As Nick has pointed out, Benz’s current salary is amongst the highest, probably top 5, of epl players. Who in their right mind would pay that for an unperforming fraud even if the transfer price was a gift?

And look at it from Benz’s perspective. He has a coach that likes him, possibly teammates as well. He gets this ridiculous salary for doing nothing. Why would he want to leave or go somewhere were he would have to accept a huge drop in salary.

Sports in living in la la land with his statements of interest in Benz.

The reality that so far only you and Sports are refusing to accept is that Bale will go, but Benz will stay (hopefully as backup to Lewandowsky).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum